Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, glad they saw to reason.

Of course, they'll try again later.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    I especially paid attention to the last part he said.

Finally, the countries that are the main sources of counterfeit goods are not party to the agreement, so its value is questionable

This alone should make it pointless.

Deleted
    Good Good.

Great news, logic and reason has won the day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Great news, logic and reason has won the day.
    It will still be in effect on the remaining signatory countries, but this is good news and I only care about EU since its where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracus View Post
    I especially paid attention to the last part he said.

Finally, the countries that are the main sources of counterfeit goods are not party to the agreement, so its value is questionable

This alone should make it pointless.
    The main thing it would target in the western world would be the internet which is what the corporations want... I doubt its about chinese counterfit jeans... Its most likely all about pirating - hence why digital and physical goods are treated the same...

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to hear.

Hopefully the same thing doesnt happen in the EU that happened in the US.

USA--->Stopped SOPA---->Governement shuts down websites anyway....
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

now if the Americans do the same with CISPA

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    now if the Americans do the same with CISPA
    SOPA only got shot down because Google mainstreamed it. 80% of the people who didn't know what it was saw it on google.
    CISPA won't be like that. Its a more sneaky bill and the mainstream won't say nothing about it. Maybe because it does help Wet their pockets. Facebook included.
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    ACTA was shot down months ago. CISPA is the new one in the works.
    We are talking about ACTA in the EU, it was shot down today.

Deleted
    Has ACTA been shot down in the US aswell I thought they were still a signatory. CISPA is only for the US so you guys should deal with it. If ACTA was voted out in the european parliament it will be very hard for them to discuss any variant of it again in the forseable future that isnt a lot more limited in how it affects your privacy rights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallenraven View Post
    Has ACTA been shot down in the US aswell I thought they were still a signatory. CISPA is only for the US so you guys should deal with it. If ACTA was voted out in the european parliament it will be very hard for them to discuss any variant of it again in the forseable future that isnt a lot more limited in how it affects your privacy rights.
    It's not just the US that should be concerned. If it will pass there, it might come to EU next.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenRuby View Post
    It's not just the US that should be concerned. If it will pass there, it might come to EU next.
    As I said it will be hard for them to discuss a variant of ACTA on the european parliament in the forseable future unless it addresses the concerns they had over ACTA. Even google privacy policy failed in the EU and that was ok in the US. Once there is precedent they will have to argue their case a lot harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? A new one again? How many have we had so far? All these ACTAs and CISPAs are starting to confuse me.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    What? A new one again? How many have we had so far? All these ACTAs and CISPAs are starting to confuse me.
    http://www.techdirt.com/articles/201...ity-bill.shtml

here you got, a nice article.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good work, Europe!

If only we Australians had the awareness, energy and clout to affect such things on a global scale. I envy you!

Deleted
    ACTA rejected?

Awesome, but i'm afraid this isn't over yet

Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    ACTA rejected?

Awesome, but i'm afraid this isn't over yet
    Ya the entertainment industry needs to get with the 21 century. However I feel these SOPA PIPA ACTA CISPA are all ways for governments to control and monitor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenRuby View Post
    Might? Recent documents have shown that it was the US that basically demanded the EU to agree with them on ACTA.
    That's why they kept the meetings behind closed doors and kept their secrecy. People who didn't trust this whole deal from the start where right.

But luckily not all of Europe is scared of America. This is a good sign. But yeah, this isn't the end of it.