Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I wonder, what happens to world PvP when you're engaging in a Pet Battle like that? Can the opposing faction just swoop down and obliterate you while you're trying to capture something, will you be instantly classed as neutral (think Sanctuary zone conditions) or will you phase out for the duration of the fight?

15+ Year Old Account
    lmao right when they announced pet battles I jested to my friends about having to beat the orgrimmar gym master...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Buggy as hell on the ptr, desperately needs fixing

I was not going to use this pet battle thingy anyway but I've expected something better because people were excited about it. Currently, it looks like a colossal FAIL. They need to improve it a lot.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wazeh View Post
    is blizzard really not going to have any problems with Pokemon rights?
    I don't think Gamefreak will be chasing them with any lawsuits anytime soon. I mean. You can't really copyright Cockfighting. Though this Pet Battle System has some major similarities to pokemon. I don't particually see Blizzard making any animes or the such soon with it :P.

They can't particually file for any damages because turn based combat is unique. animals fighting isn't unique and nor is capturing knocked out animals unique. :P

So THIS is what Boub has been spending the time on.

Quote Originally Posted by Die Hard View Post
    Jesus, imagine what they could have done with their development time instead of creating this nonsense.
    I know right

I do not understand this

Jesus, imagine what they could have done with their development time instead of creating this nonsense.
    I think it will be a nice way to pass the time when I am finished leveling. It looks like it could become pretty darn addictive

Lol, I'm not gonna lie, when they first announced pet battles I thought it was the dumbest thing every, but it actually looks kinda fun now. XD
    Gnome Pride!

Deleted
    I agree with this.
    Last edited by mmoca642c3cf9a; 2012-04-27 at 08:11 AM.

More complaints then anything else what else is new for a forum on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibi View Post
    I know right

I do not understand this
    You both are posting useless comments. The team that developed this mini game was the UI team, which does not have very much to do so far.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelmart View Post
    I was really excited about this. However it looks like of boring atm, hope its just the early version. If not will just be using it to get some pets :/
    And pokemon didn't, on a Gameboy? This lets you go out into the vast world we already know and love and capture stuff.

Early stages. Game won't be released until Sept at the earliest so we have 5 months of tweaking at least.

Deleted
    Yeah. Everytime someone does something I don't like, I ask myself that very same question. Why do they waste so much time on stuff I don't like when they can use that time to implement something I like. It just doesn't make sense.

I hate it, this is Pokemon and I don't like that shit. I'm a grown ass dude...

Hopefully they won't make me do this crap. It would really piss me off if they linked some kind of powerful gear/trinket to this crap.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    I hate it, this is Pokemon and I don't like that shit. I'm a grown ass dude...

Hopefully they won't make me do this crap. It would really piss me off if they linked some kind of powerful gear/trinket to this crap.
    A grown man who runs around pretending to kill imaginary monsters in an online videogame.

Pokémon...so immature.

I agree that it is nonsense, but I don't think it actually cut into the other areas of MoP development, as I'm pretty sure it was a side project that didn't involve any of the PvE or PvP content teams. It's also a one time development investment, in that once the basic system is in place, it won't take more than a small time investment to add new pets to it. I won't be using pet battles myself, though I think a little nonsense now and then is fine. I'll reserve judgement until I see how this addition affects the player base, which is the only way it will affect me.

I love this, can't wait to try it out when I'm not getting constant 132 errors.

Also, i know this is all new, but does anyone know if the capturing/battling pets are unique per person? What i mean is it going to be the same as mining/herb where everyone is rushing to that one pet or more like arch where it’s instanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehnoah View Post
    What for Hacks he used? To get this avaliable?

Because it is NOT Working, you have NO Pets so what for "hack" he used? to get the Pets?

(I learned 120 Pets)
    Learn to use /cast command

Pet battles, the least interesting thing introduced to world of warcraft since that ingame voice thing.