Deleted

Have my download / update been completed?

I'm a bit worried if I have downloaded the game correct. Especially when it seems like if you install the game in the wrong folder it wont work.
    What I have done:

1-Opened the link from the mail and downloaded the game there. I've W7 but it didnt ask me where i wanted to save it, so now for some reason the .dat .tmp and the gw2 folders are on my desktop. I don't care about that as long as it works.

2- When it had been downloaded I got the login screen, but I closed the game and ran it as an administrator and it began to patch for like 3-4 hours again.

3- When that was completed I ran the game as an administrator once more and now there is no patch download. I get right to the login screen

Everything should be alright?

Similar situation to start with atleast. I picked the DL location (desktop) and as soon as i did, it started to DL. I have a GW2 icon, plus a GW2.dat and GW2.tmp. It is DL'ing faster then anything else i have ever DL'd, so if something is wrong, not to worried about losing beta time if i have to DL again.

You have three files.

Gw2 (the .exe)
    Gw2.dat
    Gw2.tmp

Gw2 is 21k KB and Gw2.dat is around 13 gb.

Put them all in the same folder, and run the .exe

Make sure it is NOT in Program Files or any of that. I'd just put it on your desktop for now. Also, if you haven't downloaded yet then you'll only have Gw2. Gw2 will patch/download and run the game. So that's what you use to get to the login screen. There's also some additional files, like a music file and a Local.dat, but just ignore those. All you need is the three files I listed in the same folder, preferably on your desktop for now.

edit: Make sure you put the .exe in a folder before you run it.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-04-25 at 05:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    You have three files.

Gw2 (the .exe)
    Gw2.dat
    Gw2.tmp

Gw2 is 21k KB and Gw2.dat is around 13 gb.

Put them all in the same folder, and run the .exe

Make sure it is NOT in Program Files or any of that. I'd just put it on your desktop for now. Also, if you haven't downloaded yet then you'll only have Gw2. Gw2 will patch/download and run the game. So that's what you use to get to the login screen. There's also some additional files, like a music file and a Local.dat, but just ignore those. All you need is the three files I listed in the same folder, preferably on your desktop for now.

edit: Make sure you put the .exe in a folder before you run it.

Okey so I put the exe (icon) tmp. .dat in a folder I just created on the desktop. I drew the files in there, ran the game. It just passes the usally ''download window'' and starts loading the login screen. That means that it has been patched correct, doesnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    Okey so I put the exe (icon) tmp. .dat in a folder I just created on the desktop. I drew the files in there, ran the game. It just passes the usally ''download window'' and starts loading the login screen. That means that it has been patched correct, doesnt it?
    I'll just tell you the correct series of events that should happen

Download the .exe
    Place .exe in a folder on Desktop
    Run the .exe
    You will have a patcher come up, and you'll download a 0 kb Gw2.tmp file and a ~13 gb Gw2.dat file in the folder the .exe is in
    Once you have finished, run the .exe again and the patcher will check for updates. This takes very little time, as there are no updates.
    The login screen will appear. You will desperately attempt to log on, but get an error or a message telling you there is no BWE event.

You account name is an email you used when you set up your account, the password is what you used for setting up your account.

If the patcher stops downloading, just close and run it again, your progress will be saved even if the patcher doesn't actually tell you it did.

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 02:00 PM ----------

This is what the patcher looks like

This is what the folder should look like

Ignore the Chrome file, you get that after you completely download the game and run the .exe (I think it has something to do with the login screens password thing)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I'll just tell you the correct series of events that should happen

Download the .exe
    Place .exe in a folder on Desktop
    Run the .exe
    You will have a patcher come up, and you'll download a 0 kb Gw2.tmp file and a ~13 gb Gw2.dat file in the folder the .exe is in
    Once you have finished, run the .exe again and the patcher will check for updates. This takes very little time, as there are no updates.
    The login screen will appear. You will desperately attempt to log on, but get an error or a message telling you there is no BWE event.

You account name is an email you used when you set up your account, the password is what you used for setting up your account.

If the patcher stops downloading, just close and run it again, your progress will be saved even if the patcher doesn't actually tell you it did.

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 02:00 PM ----------

This is what the patcher looks like

This is what the folder should look like

Ignore the Chrome file, you get that after you completely download the game and run the .exe (I think it has something to do with the login screens password thing)
    Alright then it all seems perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    Alright then it all seems perfect
    It's a little bit confusing since it doesn't automatically create the file for you when you download it. So I understand your concern.