smuggler - GS or Scoundrel???

started a smuggler on server which has ended up as a light population - i lvled him up to 50 in the hope that it would change to a standard pop server but alas it hasnt, so ive rolled on a more popualted server and started lvling up. My main smuggler is a gunslinger, im happy with the spec but im wondering if scoundrel is the spec to go with for pve since 1.2 arrived, i wouldve tried scoundrel but as u cant change your spec i was stuck(my GS chara has pvp gear and can hold his own in fp but not to sure about raids as i dont really do them )

thx in advance for any advice

I really enjoy playing my Scoundrel, so I'd recommend it. But I know I'm in the minority and I see a lot of people complain that they are "clunky" although I haven't found this to be true with my own experience. If you like using a shotgun, pistol-whipping, and punching enemies then you should like Scoundrel. The death animations associated with Sucker Punch never get old for me.

But I know I'm in the minority and I see a lot of people complain that they are "clunky" although I haven't found this to be true with my own experience
    meh,all ive heard is how underpowered they are.but i dont know,i rolled a scoundrel recently and so far scrappers pretty fun

if you go scoundrel roll as sawbones. They piss me off in WZs. Leveling a sniper alt now whos up to 29 and a level 14 scoundrel/operative healer can heal through my damage like its nothing.

I don't feel underpowered at all. I haven't had any trouble with my Scoundrel personally. I can confirm that Sawbones healing is REALLY fun. Scrapper DPS is also very fun. I can't say anything about Dirty Fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    I don't feel underpowered at all. I haven't had any trouble with my Scoundrel personally. I can confirm that Sawbones healing is REALLY fun. Scrapper DPS is also very fun. I can't say anything about Dirty Fighting.
    ya i was probably only gonna go sawbones if scrapper was crap.but i dont know,ive heard alot of positive things about scrappers and pvp lately so i might end up just stickin with scrapper

Based on your responses, I think you should at least try Scrapper first. Give it some time and love, and if you can't stand it, then you can always fall back on Sawbones. Or vice-versa. Sucker Punching Jedi/Sith is really fun (Scrapper only ability).
    Last edited by noahjam326; 2012-04-25 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by btf View Post
    My main smuggler is a gunslinger, im happy with the spec but im wondering if scoundrel is the spec to go with for pve since 1.2 arrived
    Gunslingers are ranged dps. Scoundrel are melee dps or heals. The choice between GS or scoundrel has less to do with 1.2 then it does if YOU want to have the choice to heal+Mdps or just Rdps?