Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Post Questionnaire for gamers.

Hi, I'm need you guys to answer 6 questions that I will be asking, that's if you can. This is for my coursework and I need "gamers" opinions on how games effect us. Thanks for your time.

How many games do you play?
    1-3 / 3-6 / 6-10 / 10+

How many hours per day do you play games for?
    1-3 / 3-6 / 6-10 / 10+

If you loose in a game, how does it make you feel?
    Really angry / Annoyed / Not that bothered

How many hours per day do you sleep?
    1-5 / 5-8 / 8+

Do you think gaming has effect you in any sort of way, such as wanting to try moves on people from in game actions?
    Yes / Only as a joke / Not at all

If a kid is 15 years of age and is playing a game that is 18+, and he tries the actions from that game on a other kid, who is the blame here?
    The kid / His parents / Other kids fault

Deleted
    1) 1-3 (WoW and Call of Duty)
    2) Anywhere from 1-10+
    3) I don't get mad for loosing if I'm beaten legitemately, well in fact I don't get mad if I lose. I get annoyed if I lose to bad ping though, which unfortunetely is happening a lot recently, emptying a whole mag into someones stomach standing still and them then killing me in two bullets before mine are registered just isn't FUN.
    4) 7 as a minimum but 8-9 if I can - I also go to school for at least 6 hours a day
    5) if by moves you mean "hitting on them", then no. when I game I play -game- it's for fun and it's in the virtual world, if I want to hit on people I'll do that in the real world.
    6) The kid. 18+ games are bullshit and the same goes for movies. It's always the person who does it who did the mistake. HOWEVER if a child/kid shows signs of violent behavior or anything like that the parents are at fault if it escalates without treatment/help to the kid.

PS: I'm 17 (18 in 2 weeks) if that helps your "survey"
    Last edited by mmoc1c984c02b2; 2012-04-25 at 06:31 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. 3-6
    2. 3-6
    3. Annoyed
    4. 5-8
    5. No
    6. His parents

1) 3-6 games

2) On average 3-6, but more accurately I'd say 2-4.

3) Not that bothered

4) 5-8

5) In that specific example? Not at all. Has it influenced my choice of conversations and common interests? Yes

6) The kid's fault. At 15, you have developed a sense of right/wrong. I played Mortal Kombat when I was a little kid when it first came out, did I try doing any Fatalities? NOPE!
    A troll is a troll and a roll is a roll, and if we feed them trolls then we don't eat no rolls.

1-3
    3-6
    Annoyed
    5-8
    Do you think gaming has effect you in any sort of way, such as wanting to try moves on people from in game actions?
    Not at all
    If a kid is 15 years of age and is playing a game that is 18+, and he tries the actions from that game on a other kid, who is the blame here?
    The kid

1-3

3-6

Annoyed but losing doesn't annoy me, people who play like they have no monitor/brain give me a nerd rage.

5-8, i want another planet which moves slower.
    Not at all
    God, if there is one.
    Last edited by sabe; 2012-04-25 at 06:54 PM.

1. 1-3
    2. 3-6
    3. annoyed
    4. 5-8
    5. No
    6. The kid

1: 1-3
    2: 1-3
    3: Not bothered
    4: 5-8 (depends on jet lag)
    5: Not at all
    6: His parents

Deleted
    1. 1-3

2. 3-6

3. it depends on how it goes if lost badly i would be annoyed if it was close i wouldn't be bothered at all

4. 5-8

5. Only if you let it.

6. The kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 - 6

6-10

Not that bothered

4-7

Only as a joke

The kid

1: 10+
    2: 10+ weekend, 6-10 weekdays
    3: Not that bothered
    4: 5-8
    5: Only as a joke
    6: Depends on life style, otherwise i'll say the kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    1-3 / 3-6 / 6-10 / 10+

1-3 / 3-6 / 6-10 / 10+

Really angry / Annoyed / Not that bothered

1-5 / 5-8 / 8+

Yes / Only as a joke / Not at all

The kid / His parents / Other kids fault

1-3 / 3-6 / 6-10 / 10+

1-3

Annoyed

5-8

Only as a joke

The kid - but does age matter? When I was 18 I tried a move from GTA on an unsuspecting friend and was able to get him out of his truck and take off with it lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. 1-3
    2. 6-10
    3. Annoyed (maybe angry if my team was entirely at fault)
    4. 5-8
    5. Not at all.
    6. The Parents for not knowing how their own child acts after 15 years of raising him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Deleted
    3-6

6-10

Annoyed (But really i never lose)

5-8

Not at all

The kid

1. 1-2(World Of Warcraft & GTA: San Andreas)
    2. 6-10, probably.
    3. Annoyed, I'm not the guy who rage quit after a wipe in LFR
    4. 5-8 on weekdays and probably around 10+ on the weekends
    5. Yes.
    6. The kid. It's his/shes own fault that they can't controll themself after playing a 18+ game.
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

1. 10+ way too many to list.

2. anywhere from 3-4 upto 10 or more, depends on the day.

3. Depends, if its a single-player game I tend to get just slightly annoyed, if multiplayer and im vsing friends I get quite annoyed as im fairly competitive.

4. 5-10+ again depends on the day.

5. No, not really.

6. His parents, for buying him that game in the first place, and partly the kid for even doing said things.

3-6.

I can deal with loosing. At the worst a bit frustrated and as soon as that happens I just get up and walk away, do something else.

8+ (I'm very strict about my sleeping due to health/fitness/bodybuilding goals).

Wanting to hearthstone out of traffic on the way home? Yes.
    Needing to think twice after passing a bush of flowers shortly after Skyrim release? Yes.
    Hurting someone or anything like that? No. Honestly something like wrestling or even kung-fu movies are more likely to have an impact on someone's actions than a video game.

Regardless of what some people think, 15 years old is more than mature enough to have common sense and be responsible for your actions.
    The kid should be held responsible and the parents should be held responsible for negligence towards the age rating.

Moderator and contributor for The Consortium, a legitimate gold making discussion community that is also the home base for the TradeSkillMaster addon, and The Undermine Journal and WoWuction Web Applications.

1-3

1-3

Annoyed (depending on the situation... if everybody did their best and it was a good match i am not annoyed, if we lost because people just fucked around i am annoyed)

8+

Not at all

The kid (he is old enough to know right from wrong at this point, and should not have to be supervised by his parents...)

1) 3-6 concurrently
    2) 3-6 on average
    3) Not that bothered. In fact, if I am not being challenged then I get bored with the game.
    4) 5-8, 7 hrs on average
    5) Not at all. Neither do I attempt anything from TV, movies, music, books or comics.
    6) Depending on the scenario, All of the above.