Computer very slow for no apparent reason, help?

So recently my computer started crashing whenever I'd watch a flash video, and I found out that it was a faulty NVIDIA driver. Now it takes 10 minutes to resume from Hibernate, and I'm getting only 7 FPS on games like Starcraft 2. I ran a virus scan with MSE and cleaned my Registry with CC Cleaner. I have no idea what's wrong, my temperatures are normal, and everything seems to be fine. What can I do?

My specs are

i7 860 CPU NVIDIA 560GTX GPU 8GB DDR3 RAM H55M-P31 Motherboard

Thanks for any help, I have no idea what could be wrong

Have you been able to obtain a good driver?

10+ Year Old Account
    It might be a faulty driver, which means you would want to roll it back and either see if that works or try reinstalling the driver.

Also download Malwarebytes and run that through, it can pick up things others can't.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Have you been able to obtain a good driver?
    I updated to version 301.42, and haven't had crashes yet.

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 08:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    It might be a faulty driver, which means you would want to roll it back and either see if that works or try reinstalling the driver.

Also download Malwarebytes and run that through, it can pick up things others can't.
    I just ran a scan using Malwarebytes and no malicious items were detected

Deleted
    I had some PC running like a milk float issues when my BIOS went all funny.

Check there isn't something funny going on in there, like the CPU and GFX setting changed, maybe Reset to defaults and check that your PC isn't trying to use onboard Graphics if available -

Do a Full Driver uninstall for the GFX card - then do a good PC clean, even to a search for anything NVidia related and delete it, then download new Drivers from the NVidia Website..

Or just format and start again, if you format, download everything you need first and save to a flashdrive- makes life easier

Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    I had some PC running like a milk float issues when my BIOS went all funny.

Check there isn't something funny going on in there, like the CPU and GFX setting changed, maybe Reset to defaults and check that your PC isn't trying to use onboard Graphics if available -
    How do I check that there isn't anything funny going on in the BIOS?

Define "funny". If there is a problem with the bios, the computer normally will throw a hissy fit when booting and refuse to start.

You say you fixed Flash crashes, did the driver update also fix the FPS issues?

In any case, a full uninstall and clean install of graphics drivers may be worth a try. (Check the "Clean Install" option on the nvidia driver install dialogue).
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

Im having the same fps issues you are having my gtx 560 also I did a clean install aswell still having issues

Quote Originally Posted by Mythricia View Post
    You say you fixed Flash crashes, did the driver update also fix the FPS issues?

In any case, a full uninstall and clean install of graphics drivers may be worth a try. (Check the "Clean Install" option on the nvidia driver install dialogue).
    Doing the Clean Install now, but any ideas on why it still takes 10 minutes for my computer to resume from hibernate? T_T

Can't help you there, I have Hibernate etc disabled on all my PCs, so don't know any common problems with it.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.