Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Why would 'top' (whatever that means) WoW guilds have an interest in transferring over, as a guild?

The 'top guild' activities presumably are RBG or 25-man raiding, which are both instanced and on a different scale to instanced pve/pvp in GW2.

That's not to say 'good' guilds shouldn't take the opportunity to try something different and could work very well but I think the glory seeking will be different. The impression I get so far is that the 'big glory' for guilds will be making a name for themselves in WvWvW.

Given the public nature of the larger scale action, I don't see that happening in PvE in the same way.

Even with that said, there's no reason to think that ex-WoW players will dominate, in numbers or otherwise. Most of the WoW players I know are getting pretty fired about MoP and worryingly most of them took the Diablo deal. The only guild I know considering moving is a peripatetic one, lately of SWTOR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Or you can roll with the cool kids and go on the MMOC guild server. That's a thing too. :3

For PvP Sorrow's Furnace seems to be the popular one. A lot of DAoC people are playing there. (DAoC is what inspired WvWvW in GW2)
    Guess thats where im going.

From what i played in WAR and heard about DaoC i would love to be on a server with other lovers of world pvp.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Phishy714 View Post
    which is...?
    DaoC = Dark Age of Camelot
    WvWvW = World vs World vs World.... I think

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

My honest opinion on "top" guilds and GW2:

Please, don't bother with this game: we don't want min/maxers. It's a GAME, not a measurement of e-peen. There is NO gear treadmill, you have nothing to do here. If you do come, try to have fun.

Bottomline: Do not for any reason come in GW2, top wow guilds. I don't want you to come. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    My honest opinion on "top" guilds and GW2:

Please, don't bother with this game: we don't want min/maxers. It's a GAME, not a measurement of e-peen. There is NO gear treadmill, you have nothing to do here. If you do come, try to have fun.

Bottomline: Do not for any reason come in GW2, top wow guilds. I don't want you to come. Really.
    Kinda hypocritical and ironic posting. Not sure if intended.

Also you do understand that one can min/max in GW2 just as well as in WOW? There are stats in GW2 and they do matter to output and mitigation. Having a dodge button or swapping weapons doesn't negate the capacity to max out critical hit or +healing in GW2.

Kinda not okay to have this sort of ignorance & false elitism.

they'll be to busy playing pokemon with little kids in mop

and good riddance,the wow community ruined sw tor.wouldnt want them to ruin guild wars 2 also,i wouldnt want to quit playing mmos because the wow crowd has ruined every new one out

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    how nice

WoW players are welcome to join gw2 if they like.
    Ya bro, GW2 is gonna need all the help it can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Kinda not okay to have this sort of ignorance & false elitism.
    Yeah the level of it in this thread is really bothering me.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    and good riddance,the wow community ruined sw tor.wouldnt want them to ruin guild wars 2 also,i wouldnt want to quit playing mmos because the wow crowd has ruined every new one out
    Let me give you guys a hint about this whole "wow community ruins other games" thing. Maybe it's not a problem inherent to the WoW community, eh? The fact that you attribute the failures of TOR to an invasion of the oh so vile WoW community is beyond laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Outcry View Post
    Ya bro, GW2 is gonna need all the help it can get.
    Just as unnecessary as the faux elitism. Why are you in this thread to begin with?
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-04-26 at 07:40 PM.

Originally Posted by Daffkeeks
    how nice

WoW players are welcome to join gw2 if they like.
    not really

the wow community is terrible.one of the worst communitys you can find in a mmo,id rather enjoy gw2 without them to be perfectly honest
    Last edited by CrunkJuice5; 2012-04-26 at 07:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    not really

the wow community is terrible.one of the worst communitys you can find in a mmo,id rather enjoy gw2 without them to be perfectly honest
    Well to be fair I play both and I don't see much difference.

Was doing some jade quarry earlier today and in I think 3 out of the 5 I did there was bitching bout how people should 'learn a build and get back when they know how to play'. But not in those nice words.

It's the same everywhere, it's the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogretron View Post
    So you've done every hardmode dungeon already? Don't worry, you can tell me as there isn't a NDA on things you haven't done or seen yet. There are a lot of mechanics that can be done to make GW2 content tough, and if you can't see that then it's your fault.

I really want this game to come out, not only to play it but to stop ignorant posts like this from popping up.
    Actually, there is an NDA on the content I am doing, which isnt what you will be doing this weekend as the open beta is limited. Im sorry you think that the open beta is all the content they have finished, but you are mistaken. What I said in your quote is very true about the game overall, sure there are more difficult things later on but its not back breaking hard nor does it take a tactical genius to do. Also, I love the game and have been a supporter of it going on...oh, a few years now, so yes I do know some things about GW2.

I think also, that way to many people are have this idea of what the game is all about just going by youtube videos of limited beta weekends or whatever. The basics are all there, that is the game, it doesnt magically become much different at all the higher level you get it just becomes simply better to play. Its a great game, the game play is really fun and engaging, but it is not seriously hard at all, because as the devs have said, it is guided towards a more casual friendly game play.(for PvE) Fencers and Lucky have pretty much hit the nail on the with their comments and yes twitch style gaming is a good way to put it.

Wanted to add this also, the questing system overall is really good. I like that fact that a DE pops up, everyone in the area goes there to fight. If they fail, then the area changes a little because the bad guys own the place now and then you have to retake it. The best part is, I dont have read a 150 word story about it, I just do it and either win or fail. That is what makes DEs so good. No groups, no telling little johnny to cc something, no worrying about the GMs wife being a bad healer, non of that, just go do it when it happens.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2012-04-27 at 03:53 AM.

Not sure if the OP is still the current topic of this post, but I happened to have an acc @ Death and Taxes(claimed a few world firsts in Burning Crusade on US servers) announced via emails that they'll be on Darkhaven.