Best way to go about re-rolling?

OK since coming back my server just wasnt what it was back in January. PvP queue times are long and groups are nonexistent. I know server transfers are on the table but I figured I would just make a new character on a better server and then transfer once they open them. But Im leaving behind characters with 400 in every crewskill and millions of credits.

What would be the best way to go about rerolling? When the game first went live I took my time leveling and enjoying places. Wasnt in any hurry so did a mix of crafting, Warzones, while questing. Should I just ignore pvp and grind quests non stop? Should I also forget about crafting as well and just take up gathering skills and harvest as I level from anything I come across? Just wondering what the fastest possible route would be from 1-50?

My personal favourite way to reroll; Pick a different class and/or faction and just enjoy levelling again.

If I reroll and pick the same class & faction, I'll burn out about halfway through because it's the exact same thing all over again. If anything TOR is pretty much as close to perfect you'll get for rerolling in an MMO because of the big differences between classes and faction.

Just my 2¢

I agree with Reavyn. When I rerolled I picked the opposing faction and a class that differed from the one I'd played previously. It makes it a lot easier, and you don't have that sort of "Oh, not this quest again" feeling.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tdw140 View Post
    I agree with Reavyn. When I rerolled I picked the opposing faction and a class that differed from the one I'd played previously. It makes it a lot easier, and you don't have that sort of "Oh, not this quest again" feeling.
    One thing to also consider when doing this is that, when server transfers open up, you will share legacy experience with that character of the opposite faction. More specifically, if the character that is transferred has a higher legacy level, that will become the legacy level for the opposite faction character. Then you can use the legacy ability on all transferred and new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by tdw140 View Post
    Yea will probably be rolling a Shadow since I havent tried a melee class but i heard their story is among the worsts.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1)Pick one of the top 10 servers in your time zone.

2)I agree that if you aren't completely in love with the class you picked to try something new.

I happened to love Bounty Hunters so much that I rolled another one, but picked the opposite AC. This way I can have the complete experience with the class I like the most. Definitely don't play the same thing, since transfers will be here eventually and it will be a waste of your time.

-this is just my opinion and how I did it-

Well my Consular isn't very high level, but so far I'm enjoying the prologue and chapter 1. Without giving spoilers I can give the summery one of my guild members gave me.

Chapter 2 and beyond is more of a "generic" Star Wars Story. It's doing the traditional "defend the Republic and save the galaxy" kind of story. That's not bad in and of itself, but any class could have done this. It doesn't feel specific to the consular. Like only the consular could accomplish these goals.
    I can't say how true or not it is, but that's a summery a guild member gave me. I'm leveling a Shadow with a group of friends right now so I should see for myself soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    I can't say how true or not it is, but that's a summery a guild member gave me. I'm leveling a Shadow with a group of friends right now so I should see for myself soon enough.
    How are you liking shadow? Does it kill pretty fast?

So far I love it, I'm leveling with the Infiltration tree. The actual mechanics/rotations of the spec aren't very complex, but I find the playstyle itself very enjoyable. Stabbing people through the chest and leaving a searing hole is VERY entertaining. Especially with some of the death animations.

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    Well my Consular isn't very high level, but so far I'm enjoying the prologue and chapter 1. Without giving spoilers I can give the summery one of my guild members gave me.

I have a 45 Assassin and a 48 Shadow, and while I get that feeling with the Consular, I definitely do not with the Inquisitor. But, maybe that's part of why many people have complained about dull republic stories contributing to the empire population being much higher.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

I have a 50 Sorceror, and my Shadow is currently only around level 20. So far I haven't found any story I dislike outright. Smuggler/Agent have actually been my favorites so far.

Deleted
    Rather than start a new thread. Is there any EU people/person looking to reroll? I haven't played since before 1.1 and want to come back and play again, would be abit more fun with someone else there though.

For leveling should I avoid heroic quests and pvp totally? Seems like I always waste a bunch of time doing WZs while I level. Especially when it takes 10-15 just to get the single win daily done. Thats a ton of lost leveling time.

I re-rolled to republic after playing imperial for 5+ legacy levels. I enjoyed playing a different story and advanced class.
    Sith Juggernaught - Stealwool "The Great"
    8723 Endurance - 8123 Strength - No Buffs!
    Sabotage #1 US & EU
    Krayt Dragon - World First NM - 10/10
    <Ultra Uber> - Full Heroic Mode clear - Easymode
    Shamahaiera - 85 Shaman - 3500 Arena Rating

If your playing a shadow at 50, the only viable competitive spec atm for PvP is Kinetic...

But yeah skip heroic quests unless your with a friend, they waste a good amount of time.
    Shoot whoever let 3.0 go live.

I would skip PvP and crafting until high 40s as those take up a ton of time especially if u get on a fail streak.
    Last edited by Alilei32; 2012-04-26 at 07:02 AM.

Decided my server will be Jedi Covenant as a Shadow. Will probably take Archy and Scavenging as they seem to make the most especially grade 1-3 mats on just about any server. Dunno about my 3rd one maybe slicing or UWT/TH? Epic metals/gems grades 1-4 go for unreal prices on most servers and most of the time none are even for sale.

Deleted
    problem with rerolling is the lack of zones after the 1-10 starting zones. you have to take the same routes along both factions and it gets incredibly boring after the first time. they need more options during the class quests that take you off into different planets. e.g instead of having to go to nar shaddaa for the class story every time, you should be able to make a decision on the previous planet - go to one nar shaddaa to do 'X' or go to 'X' planet to follow a different path. it'd make for a more immersive story and give you more control about where you take your character, rather than having to go to the same planets every time to get class quests completed.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Decided my server will be Jedi Covenant as a Shadow. Will probably take Archy and Scavenging as they seem to make the most especially grade 1-3 mats on just about any server. Dunno about my 3rd one maybe slicing or UWT/TH? Epic metals/gems grades 1-4 go for unreal prices on most servers and most of the time none are even for sale.
    Good choice! I rerolled on that server. It has been a really good experience so far.