Unhappy Zon'os 25 heroic..advice needed

Hello:

First of all sorry if my grammar isn't the best, English is not my first language. So my guild (currently 4/8) have been struggling with this fight for the last couple of weeks and while we make some progress, we still haven't been close to downing him.

We are currently using 1 tank, 7 healers(2 holy pally, 2 resto shaman, 1 disc and 1 holy priest, 1 resto druid) and 17 dps (a little melee heavy with 7).

We are all soaking the ball using the strat we found in some videos that the ball bounce of the tank and of 1 range that is a little bit to the back while everyone takes the hit. We did try the 1 soaker at a time strat, but we found that this one was easier. We do 7-7-7 but we barely get pass half the second white phase. When the black phase begins, the tank, 2 melee and 2 healers go to the left claw and burn it. A dps dk in blood presence and a healer go to the other claw. The rest of the raid is split into 4 groups, each with a healer and go to 4 different positions around the pool, where the flails are to burn them and them switch to the eyes.

When I see us having more problems is in 2 things, first some dps get hit by not moving fast enough on the last bounce or they run in front of the boss which is their fault for not being aware. The second thing is that when we go back to the second white phase and some people are not fully topped, the disrupting shadows debuff can be very tough on them.

So what I would like to know what should we change about or strat, or if there's any suggestion about anything we are doing? our best attempt is like 65%, so we still need a lot to get better in.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post, I wanted to be as accurate as possible
    Last edited by esued; 2012-04-25 at 08:09 PM. Reason: the dk wasn'tblood, i meant in blood presence

Timing of the disrupting shadows by the last bouncer is fairly important for this fight. That last bouncer should be ready to lose out on some DPS. He needs to watch the timer on disrupting shadows and make sure that he delays the bounce for a little while by running even further away if it has just been cast. Going into a black phase with these debuffs at full duration is extremely difficult to heal.

Aside from that, you need to do whatever it takes to make sure people aren't being lazy about moving from the ball when it's supposed to hit the boss. They need to move out. It's simple, but it's essentially a wipe if they don't do it. I call it out on vent every single time, starting from when the ball leaves the stack, when I tell them they need to get ready to move and that they need to be away from the boss by the time the ball returns. Once it's hit the last ranged bouncing it back, I tell everybody to leave. Overkilling/handholding with instructions has helped ensure that this easy mechanic is done successfully.

If that doesn't help, consider using only 6 healers. The tank and 2 melee should not need more than 1 healer. Then have 1 healer per group, and that leaves you with 1 extra healer that should do their best to find which group has the most disrupting shadows debuffs. They should go help them. Once timing of the debuff is improved such that there is barely any of the dot in black phases, even this healer can be dropped. Those extra 2 dps help kill flails and eyes faster which makes healing easier. Perhaps you could also then leave 3 melee on the boss, which is how many we leave. If you haven't done so, rearrange raid groups to help priests out. Their team should be in the same party so that PoH works. Make sure that they are saving their CDs for black phase. White phases should only be healed by normal AoE heals, not by CDs.

As far as grouping goes, have 2 groups of ranged go opposite of where Zon'ozz is tanked. Have the melee groups kill the flails and eyes closer to him so that they can dps the boss more quickly when they're done.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Mctriple; 2012-04-25 at 08:19 PM.