Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    Floor! Temperature is lower there. Lulz.

It's mostly a comfort/personal preference issue. I have a Rosewill Thor V2... putting that up on the desk is about as retarded as it could get.
    Because you notice how ugly its sidepanel is? Yeah I can relate. However I hate the HAF X more on build quality than looks.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Type of floor?

I put mine on the floor. My floors are hardwood. My case has built in rizer which keeps about 1" of open space between the actual body and the floor. I don't notice more dust or anything like that. My only complaint is cord length on some items like my webcam.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Because you notice how ugly its sidepanel is? Yeah I can relate. However I hate the HAF X more on build quality than looks.
    Not sure if you're confusing the Thor with HAF X or not... but no, I wouldn't put it up there because of how large it is.
    As for side panels, one of them is just a flat, plain black panel, nothing beautiful or ugly about it, not for me anyway. The other panel has a fan on it, so definitely wouldn't want that facing me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if you're confusing the Thor with HAF X or not... but no, I wouldn't put it up there because of how large it is.
    As for side panels, one of them is just a flat, plain black panel, nothing beautiful or ugly about it, not for me anyway. The other panel has a fan on it, so definitely wouldn't want that facing me.
    I was actually compare/contrasting our cases, I own the HAF X, however I've never seen a Rosewill case that I liked, at all.

Plus the fan on the sidepanel is more than likely doing what most sidepanel fans are doing, which is not blowing air out, but in fact sucking air in to provide for the graphics card. Learn something new every day eh? :P
    "A flower.

Mines on my desk. Less dog hair seems to get into while its up there compared to the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I was actually compare/contrasting our cases, I own the HAF X, however I've never seen a Rosewill case that I liked, at all.

Plus the fan on the sidepanel is more than likely doing what most sidepanel fans are doing, which is not blowing air out, but in fact sucking air in to provide for the graphics card. Learn something new every day eh? :P
    An intake fan still produces noise that can be heard on the outside and also leaves an opening in the case which lets the noise from the fans inside the case to come out as well. Not really learning, just common sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    An intake fan still produces noise that can be heard on the outside and also leaves an opening in the case which lets the noise from the fans inside the case to come out as well. Not really learning, just common sense.
    Oh I thought you meant you didn't like having the fan blowing air at you. Didn't realize you meant just the noise, but frankly whether it's right in front of you or a few feet away, if the fan is audible (one that loud shouldn't be unless you're trying to run it super high RPM) you'll still hear it fairly well.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account

Best solution!
    Yes, I know the case is dirty, I shall clean it.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Deleted
    Got mine supported by 4 VHS cases (one under each "foot") where no-one will bump into it...
    Yay airflow! (fully carpeted floor)

i for one would never ever put my PC on the floor, my precious Fractal Design Define R3 XL stays on the desk... the amount of dust collected on floor vs desk is huge.

10+ Year Old Account
    personally i keep my tower on my desk right next to my mouse. partially because have the Thermaltake commander mid-tower gaming case and it comes with a nice see through portion on the left panel. Even with my hardwood floors i would never put a tower on the floor i dont need any extra chance that my precious components will go out. I spent my hard earned money on those why would i risk them getting damaged from a choice i made? Also i buy tower cases for their looks mostly and if you put it on the floor you might as well go buy a steel cube to put your hardware in.

10+ Year Old Account
    My desk is one meter wide and holds two screens, no space for the actual PC.

Floortop!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I've actually got mine hanging on brackets on the wall. Not only does it look cool, but it saves both floor and desk space and makes external cable management a breeze.
    Pics plox?

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 01:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    My previous computer sat on the carpet and man it would give me some mean ass shocks when I would turn it on/off on occasion. Eventually the mobo or PS gave out on it and I think that was part of the cause.
    I call bs, you would not notice any shocks by touching the case unless you were running an ungrounded power cord, which again I call bs.

I'm not saying it would not build up any charge, but the amount it could would not discharge into you. Now if you had a short somewhere, possible, or if you constantly drag your feet with socks on the carpet, so what the later means is, you shocked it, not vise verse.
    Last edited by Critzngritz; 2012-04-26 at 05:08 PM.

Mines on a pedestal type of block so its off the floor, yet not on my desk. Works for me!

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Go ask a local supermarket for some milk crates. Elevate the case without putting it at ear level. Also, milk crates are super vented, and thus won't give you any problems with bottom fans/bottom screens.

I personally keep mine on my desk. To be honest I don't really have that much in my bedroom to put it on the floor. Plus I am constantly in and out of my case. I like to check every now and then that everything is in order with my water-cooling. If I had the room and something to sit it on up off the floor I would put it down there. My case is also what I would consider quiet and I also wear headphones when gaming. Hell, my window AC unit is way louder than my PC.
    Desktop: i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 1080ti Gaming X | EVGA Classified K | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V @ 3200MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) Micron 2TB SSD (Games) | Seasonic 750W Titanium | Corsair 750D | Acer x34 Predator Benq PD3200U
    HIDevolution NP9877 Laptop: Delidded i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 | 16GB G.Skill @ 2946MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) 2x 500GB SSDs (Games) | 1440p 120HZ GSync Display

I have mine on my desk for sure. Otherwise I wouldn't have wasted time doing a side panel window mod and adding LEDS to it. It's not that loud even with my gpu running 100% fans and many case fans. I also use headsets so I wouldn't notice any noise anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Critzngritz View Post
    I call bs, you would not notice any shocks by touching the case unless you were running an ungrounded power cord, which again I call bs.

I'm not saying it would not build up any charge, but the amount it could would not discharge into you. Now if you had a short somewhere, possible, or if you constantly drag your feet with socks on the carpet, so what the later means is, you shocked it, not vise verse.
    ok buddy, believe what you want but that's what happened.
    I'm going to make up stories about getting a static shock on the internet.
    It's possible it was from something else, but it only occured when it was on the carpet.
    Last edited by bals; 2012-04-26 at 08:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to have mine on my desk, but my current desk is full of some cheap metal, with glass tops. So putting my HAF X on it would be suicide. I currently have it on my floor, but I put a cardboard box that is cut to the size of the bottom of PC to somehow fix all that cat hair and shit. Doesn't really work, but I'm sure if it wasn't there it would have been a lot worse.