Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    but they are going to be a couple of miles off the coast, not like they're building them a few foot away from his hotel.
    Oh I know. I was just explaining to the other poster that he doesn't like them for their sources of energy, just for the fact that they are there.

Also, I fully agree that it's stupid to get upset over a wind farm. As long as it's placed in an appropriate location they can look very elegant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    No, he's yours now...
    ^:S

Dno what the Scottish government was expecting tbh, Us policy have always been 'If you got the green, you can have it anyway you like', so wouldn't expect that pubescent wort to act any different here, just hope the government kicks him out! Look at the Bush family how they've operated with impunity through decades now. (Just to mention an example)

Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    He doesn't hate them for being clean, he hates them because (he thinks) they look ugly, which is the exact opposite of what an investor is looking for when building a hotel / golf course.
    Thanks for the correction, I guess I skimmed through the post too fast. However I very much doubt that wind farms would have any substancial impacts on the hotel or golf course. There was a study which was done on the housing markets which pointed out windfarms in close proximity of homes do not lower the pricing of the homes, infact some studies concluded that windfarms may actrually drive up the demand for those homes so I do not think wind farms would have very much an impact on his hotels or golf course.

Trump is over reacting

Hah....Donald Trump

Trump means Fart.

Also, Windmills are cool. True story.

I wish I saw more wind turbines around where I live, Brentwood, I love their magestic form and the symbol of cleaner greener energy.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trump seriously needs to go away....

But please keep him in Scotland for the time being.

10+ Year Old Account
    we should pool our money together and build turbines all around his house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember when he was thinking of running for president? LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Who's paying for the wind turbines? Is the government paying for them and keeping up maintenance, as well as governmental jobs to oversee them/maintain them?

15+ Year Old Account
    No one <3'd my Don Quixote reference.. read more folks

Still think dressing up as Trump and attacking a wind turbine in Scotland would be an excellent piece of performance art.

Deleted
    I honestly cannot understand why he's complaining; does he honestly think he'll lose visitors due to barely visible white turbines in the middle of the North Sea. I had someone suggest to me that it's because he's run out of money for developing the Golf Course, and is looking for a way to back out. Guess we'll have to wait and see. I do hope he relents. We need his Golf Course, but we need the Wind Turbines more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Remember when he was thinking of running for president? LOL
    The scary part were the people who believed he was serious and wanted to vote for him.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post

Still think dressing up as Trump and attacking a wind turbine in Scotland would be an excellent piece of performance art.
    I got the joke, I just hadn't seen this thread until just now so yeah.

Donald Trump is an idiot and if he died, it wouldn't bother me.

10+ Year Old Account

Hey hey hey, I had the Don Quixote reference first!
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account

I got the reference and chuckled, but it wasn't worth commenting on.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

he may have done it wrong but anyone against wind farms is OK in my books. Most people only ever think about the impact of a wind farm where it is built, and have no idea what it takes to make one of these monstrosities, and then couple that with the fact that you need hundreds of them to come close to outputting what a more conventional turbine reactor might required.

http://energy.i2i.org/2011/12/18/wha...ays-about-you/

But if you want to fill china with lakes of toxic waste I suppose it's all good.
    RETH

Deleted
    he may have done it wrong but anyone against wind farms is OK in my books. Most people only ever think about the impact of a wind farm where it is built, and have no idea what it takes to make one of these monstrosities, and then couple that with the fact that you need hundreds of them to come close to outputting what a more conventional turbine reactor might required.
    That blog is pretty selective in the way it posts. Neodymium used in the magnets is only one of many REE's that China digs up. Stopping building the magnets will not stop China digging up REE's, considering Neodymium is only a small part of the REE's they sell. They also sell elements used in X-Rays, lasers, MRI Scanners, Nuclear Batteries, Chemical Cracking, Microwave Filters, Battery Electrodes. Etc, etc.

Not building wind turbines will not stop these toxic lakes being formed, not unless you also stop building all of the things mentioned above. The main problem, after doing a bit of Independent research outside of that blog, that displays a phenomenally poor quality of journalism, is that China is pretty lazy in the way they handle the waste products. Not to mention illegal mining operations with even less care for safety issues.

Wind farms are so tranquil and peaceful and lovely.

Perhaps we should ask Trump if he'd rather have a coal plant on the edge of his golf course, then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please take him back America :/
    We don't want him.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Flip Trump off and build more windmills...

This has nothing to do with my country being the largest supplier of windmills...