Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Spoilers] Binding of Isaac expasion! Woo!

Release Date: May 28th (US:5/28/12 EU:28/5/12)

Binding of Isaac is an amazing game that I really cannot get enough of. So, you can imagine my shock when I figured out an expansion was announced. Not only was it announced, it is going to be coming out within the next month. Hurray!

So apparently, this new expansion will include:

• 10+ bosses
    • 100+ items
    • 20+ enemies
    • 4 chapters
    • 1 character
    • 6 rooms
    • 40unlocks
    • 4+ new tracks
    • New final ending

And with all of that new stuff, it will only cost $3.

They have been working on this expansion longer than the actual game, and they are selling it for $2 less than the original price! I love indie developers.

So who else is looking forward to this? I know I am : )

Some screenshots:

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=471643
    Last edited by Chaochamp; 2012-05-13 at 12:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet tits, I've played this game for 11 hours according to Steam, loved every single minute of it.

I'm definately getting this, the music makes me keep coming back =)
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Update on the DLC:
    The DLC is to be released on the 28th of May, a trailer have also showed up.

IF YOU'RE EPILEPTIC, DON'T WATCH IT.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit tits im pumped. I have clocked just over 78 hours of BoI on steam, bloody love this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    I'll definitely buy it. It's a game I play on and off, and already have quite a lot of hours in it.

Still suck at it though =)

Oh my God...

Definitely buying this, can NOT wait. I've put something like 70 hours in, love the game to death.

Thanks for the head's up, OP. I knew it was coming, just didn't know it was this close. <3

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Binding of Isaac is an awesome game. Every time I hear the narration at the beginning it sends a shiver down my spine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely gonna be picking this up.

Any idea if they've gone back and fixed the performance issues?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Which performance issues?

If you mean the engine having FPS drops with massive amounts of blood then I'm afraid nope

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Which performance issues?
    This. I've never experienced any issues (nor have I heard of any), and I've logged 60+ hours in.

So...just when is "late May"? It can't come sooner...

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    This. I've never experienced any issues (nor have I heard of any), and I've logged 60+ hours in.

So...just when is "late May"? It can't come sooner...
    If there is lots of clutter (lots of tears, blood, bees, mobs and shit), people with slower CPUs can face heavy slowdowns due to the engine itself, which is if I recall correctly, made in Flash, and Flash is highly inefficient.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    If there is lots of clutter (lots of tears, blood, bees, mobs and shit), people with slower CPUs can face heavy slowdowns due to the engine itself, which is if I recall correctly, made in Flash, and Flash is highly inefficient.
    Yeah it's flash.

The only thing I hope is that it provides like a side path, rather than heading after Sheol. I get kind of bored by then when I am playing.

Judging by the fact he isn't insanely deformed by then. I have to assume it is a side path.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't even started this game for fear of getting completely sucked in.

I've a backlog and not enough time for it.
    D3 is 4 days away, and I'm not even ready to devote my life to that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Yup. I've tried some workarounds and none of them work. It doesn't make the game unplayable but it's really annoying for everything to run at 2 FPS because Flash can't handle all the stuff that's happening on one screen :P
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    I haven't even started this game for fear of getting completely sucked in.

I've a backlog and not enough time for it.
    D3 is 4 days away, and I'm not even ready to devote my life to that!
    It gets you riding the gear train pretty quick. Have to beat the game once to unlock the next chapter, then beat the game (including that) 10 times to unlock another, and then beat the boss in that chapter with every single character to unlock all of the items.

Which then you find randomly. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

woot! Did not expect this at all...

Deleted
    Hmm, this looks disturbing.

I like it.

Deleted
    while i'm sure the game has great gameplay and is enjoyable, i'm just likely to get sick from general aestethics. even looking at the screenshots makes me feel slightly squeazy... it's not a game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Update on the DLC:
    The DLC is to be released on the 28th of May, a trailer have also showed up.

IF YOU'RE EPILEPTIC, DON'T WATCH IT.
    I have epilepsy and watched the whole video you are ignorant its being photosensitive that causes those type of seizures and generally people with epilipsy are photosensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    while i'm sure the game has great gameplay and is enjoyable, i'm just likely to get sick from general aestethics. even looking at the screenshots makes me feel slightly squeazy... it's not a game for me.
    Yeah, the game is an acquired taste. It has some pretty heavy, twisted religious themes (centering around Christianity), but it isn't incredibly graphic.

Here's the intro for the game: