Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

[D2] Most horrible Mobs upon the game

Let us remember the past, Let us remember our suffering!

See these things? They we're TERRIBLE as melee because of the freaking LIGHTNING BOLTS, It was like a billion Rakanishu's

This isn't exactly a mob however it is one of the most memoriable horrid bosses in the game in terms of hell and such

F these things I'm not even say WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THESE THINGS

Your turn!

10+ Year Old Account
    i would add everything fetish:

-the fast ones with the huge daggers
    -those hordes shooting over the river
    -the dungeon! the horror
    -the undead ones which explode on death ...

and special mention:

every single mob in the maggots lair and the arcane sanctuary ... not because of the mobs per se but playing a summoner necromancer ...

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Oblivion Knights were the most dangerous monsters in the game for melee characters, prior to v1.11, due to their ability to cast the Iron Maiden curse. (They can no longer cast IM post v1.11, and thus are no longer particular dangerous.) They are dangerous ranged attackers with a variety of elemental projectiles, and can cast a number of the same curses as Necromancers: Decrepify, Iron Maiden, Lower Resist, Weaken, Life Tap, Amplify Damage.
    As a barb Doing hell runs I hated these mobs with a passion.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted

hate those bastards <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything multi shot lighting, lost souls, anything with iron maiden if you were melee, stygian dolls when they would be super fast and explode, and Duriel... F every single one of them lol

all the ones posted here, but my most hated mob were the fetishes, they hurt when you didn't have resists for their stupid fire breaths then followed by the act 2 bugs, dont mind 1 on 1, but its suicide when AoE comes in play.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sharde View Post
    i would add everything fetish:

-the fast ones with the huge daggers
    -those hordes shooting over the river
    -the dungeon! the horror
    -the undead ones which explode on death ...
    The flamey ones riding piggy-back, 2 of them once one-shot my blood golem and the feedback got me too.

every single mob in the maggots lair and the arcane sanctuary ... not because of the mobs per se but playing a summoner necromancer ...
    I went to the Arcane Sanctuary with pretty much all my skill points invested in skeletons and teeth (before you could unsummon skeletons). Needless to say I rerolled.

Nah, the leapers in act 2 were the most annoying in the game.

Glooms
    Dolls
    Witches with conviction aura
    Death guys that shoot roots under the ground they can be a pain
    also mass groups of skeleton archers

10+ Year Old Account
    The whisp-like things in Act IV always rocked my shit. Those and the lightning enchanted scarabs in Act II.

My personal favourites were the random unique mobs often found in hell. I didn't think it would be possible to see this but I swear I came across one that was immune to physical and immune to magic. My friend and I had to make a new game. Because you know, in addition to being completely invulnerable, it was also Extra Fast, Extra Strong, and slowed you when he hit you.

In my experience it was always those unique ones were just teeth pullingly retarded. And yes Duriel was annoying. Unless you could kite him perfectly, I always found him to be the hardest act boss in the game. And that's not including the times you die before you even load!

Those weren't too bad actually. If you were decently geared then they did nothing. But yes, they were horrible while leveling up.

Now THESE were the worst! Once you kill them they explode for thousands of damage. I died several times in the 90's while leveling.

Undead Soul Killer
    Last edited by Youarefired; 2012-04-26 at 06:53 AM.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

I don't know their name but there were these guys that when I start hitting them I died in a flash. I was like WTF? I might not have been very well geared but had not trouble with anything else. They are reflecting some lightning or something, retarded as hell.
    Bigger than Life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate those small voodoo/shaman people in the jungle areas, they were super fast, always in big groups and they hit hard.
    Last edited by Crypt; 2012-04-26 at 06:15 AM.

Oblivion Knights: Every time I go to Chaos Sanc on my barb or zeal/smitedin, I would think to myself "just one more zeal/ww" and I usually die within the next few seconds.

Gloams: If you were decked out in lightning res/absorb, then these weren't too bad, except they still kinda lock you with their lightning while others finish you off.

Stygian dolls: These things don't give a shit if you teleport. This is the no.1 cause of death in durance of hate for my sorc.

I still have nightmares about lightning mobs... Oh god that buzzing and screeching... OH GOD MAKE IT STOP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

All been said...Scarabs, Gloams, and Stygian Dolls...and fucking Duriel.

Any pretty much any mob with a double immunity to the spell schools you've mastered as a Sorceress.

15+ Year Old Account
    Duriel

I could never beat him straight on with my Necro.. Without cheating (spamming town scrolls, healing than reentering before he regained HP)

/thread
    Last edited by Bizerk; 2012-04-26 at 06:52 AM.

Remember MSLE when it was bugged for ages before they nerfed it? Ouch.