Page 1 of 2
LastLast

North Korea is attacking South Korea right now

Currently in South Korea a few days after NKs announcement, and the highest military alert is now blaring in South Korea. I don't know what problem has happened, but this is the red alert of Korea...I feel like North Korea just actually carried out on their threats. In the event it is actually happening, I want to give MMO champ my last regards.

We'll see what this is about...

That's a very misleading title. I would change it to avoid more confusion.
    "Every day I wake up, log in and look at the nine other class icons in the character creation screen. Then I burst into laughter, create a portal into a distant realm, do a motherfucking double backflip through that portal while slinging pastries and blasts of PURE COSMIC ENERGY everywhere, respeccing into frost midair and deep freezing two gnomes before landing on my feet. In my wake only disintegrated corpses, strudel crumbs and adorable turtles are found."
    By a forum member "Membrane"

Confirmed with my friend in SK. Sirens going off, no word on why yet.

EDIT: Earthquake drill. False alarm.

My friend got a mail from the embassy stating it would be a fire drill.

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    Confirmed with my friend in SK. Sirens going off, no word on why yet.

EDIT: Earthquake drill. False alarm.
    is that it, thank god. I'm just so paranoid these days of being here, I can't stand it but I have no choice. Fuck i wish the US just bombed those bastards already

Friend said he thought it was an "Earthquake" drill, but that it was basically just the "Civil Defense" drill siren. Guess it's just generic.

Fire drill it is.

Can we not make titles like this to threads if we're not even sure about it please? It's not nice.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    is that it, thank god. I'm just so paranoid these days of being here, I can't stand it but I have no choice. Fuck i wish the US just bombed those bastards already
    I grew up in Seoul from 1988-2006, and when you live near military installations that was something you'd get used to once in a blue moon. And, bombing them out of the blue would be the dumbest decision the US could ever make.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Can we not make titles like this to threads if we're not even sure about it please? It's not nice.
    I'm actually living here for the time being, so I have the right to be afraid of what those maniacs will do.

North Korea is a third world country incapable of doing anything but look like babbling idiots and scaring people who are easily influenced by the media.

I'm actually living here for the time being, so I have the right to be afraid of what those maniacs will do.
    That doesn't mean you have the right to freak everyone out with bullshit thread titles. You heard a siren go off and your first response was to go on MMO-Champion and post about it instead of turning on the tv or looking at the internet for news?

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

It is still a misleading thread title to automatically assume that North Korea is attacking. If that was the case, I'd doubt you'd be on MMO-Champion.

Update: third siren just went off. Is this really just a firedrill...

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently in South Korea a few days after NKs announcement, and the highest military alert is now blaring in South Korea. I don't know what problem has happened, but this is the red alert of Korea...I feel like North Korea just actually carried out on their threats. In the event it is actually happening, I want to give MMO champ my last regards.

We'll see what this is about...
    I doubt NK is stupid enough to enter another war with SK and the US. This is probably something else.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackerjacks View Post
    And, bombing them out of the blue would be the dumbest decision the US could ever make.
    Na, pretty sure we would be fine. 700 billion dollar military spending budget ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post
    Na, pretty sure we would be fine. 700 billion dollar military spending budget ftw.
    Sigh this thread should just be closed by now. Nation bashing and China vs NK vs US arguments all over again, we have enough threads for that.

You should think about the country which owns the US and what they would think if you attacked North Korea. The Russians would probably not be to pleased either, or anyone else for that mather. Spare another thought for the millions of innocent civilianz you would kill. Just because you got the means to act like a ass doesn't mean you should.

OP, those drills can carry on throughout the day. Welcome to Korea.

Nope.

North Korea is pretty cozy with China. And I doubt they would sit still if we just upped and bombed them. Would not end well.

North Korea being close with China goes both ways. China don't want to see the North get attacked but it also doesn't want the North to attack South Korea as that will definitely drag itself and US into a head on conflict. Since they are both each other's major trading partners I doubt they'll want that to happen.