Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Yeah, and our justice system is supposed to already use that principle, yet innocent people are convicted ALL THE TIME.
    Hey that may be true sometimes, but I have faith in the system to protect the innocent from this fate 99% of the time which is still good enough for me. I realize its an imperfect system, but its the one I was raised in and believe in. So, assuming an individual has been proven to be guilty beyond the shadow of a doubt, in an instance like this, I absolutely support the Death Penalty(as previously stated).

Incidentally, I feel like we're derailing this thread by debating over whether or not the death penalty is ethical.

I'm just going to leave it here and say may this woman rest in peace, may this man find peace, and may the criminal who is responsible for this crime be brought to justice and punished accordingly
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Is there anymore information on this floating around or are we to trust the unknown on the screen promoting a bank account accepting donations?

Deleted
    Well one can always find comfort in knowing that way worse things happens all the time around the world and not get worked up on stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Well one can always find comfort in knowing that way worse things happens all the time around the world and not get worked up on stuff like this.
    Lol thats comforting how?

I bet if the old couple was black and the rapist white everyone would care, we would make a memorial, make it a national holiday, and plaster the story on every news channel and internet site imaginable. this country makes me sick. i should move to Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by madisonnightingale View Post
    I bet if the old couple was black and the rapist white everyone would care, we would make a memorial, make it a national holiday, and plaster the story on every news channel and internet site imaginable. this country makes me sick. i should move to Canada.
    Mini America is full, I guess no one told you...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    This sh*t happens all the time in South Africa. My girlfriends mom (who's 80ish) had to deal with the them finding her best friend (since childhood), five months ago, was beaten, raped, then tied up with barbed wire and her head bashed in with a solid bedside lamp post. Two months ago, not more than a few km from me, another 92 year old woman was raped and beaten.

Hard not to feel hatred. As an ex military on the borders of Angola, people often asked me if I felt bad about the people I've killed. Truthfully? After seeing what man is capable of - in war - and in this country as a race crime to strike fear into innocent farmers?

I don't lose one wink of sleep after watching each and every one of those things I shot die. Animals. Goddam animals. Some people don't have human nature. They're just animals that are mentally rabid and need to be put down. At least animals mourn, show remorse when scolded - the people that commit these things... they're worse.

Some conflicts are best solved by eradication of the cancer causing the conflict.
    Last edited by Melpo; 2012-04-27 at 01:19 AM.
    My blog & rants: www.wocky.me