Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Someone needs to put somewhere what the "You've got SND up the whole fight" number is for heroic Ultraxion. It's always "it's too low" whenever someone asks about Combat rogue data for this fight, but those numbers are frighteningly similar to the numbers I get on my guild's heroic Ultraxion kills.

Because to be honest, his DPS is great...on the Ultraxion kill you linked.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Considering he has all buffs and 404 ilvl with legendary daggers, I'd expect to see 48k-50k. I'm at 401 ilvl, my group doesn't have the 3% damage buff, and I did 47.3k this week. And no, my Battle Chicken didn't proc this week

He also used adrenaline rush 4 times and killing spree 4 times, killing spree should be used more
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

He does need to improve his SnD uptime, refreshing it with 1 sec left is better than letting it drop. But it isn't as bad as it appears in the log either. There is a large chunk of time where he recast SnD but it wasn't recorded, if you browse the log you will see SnD fading then fading again 45 sec later without ever being cast. Just means the logger was phased and didn't get the cast.

That should also explain some of the wasted CPs that nzall mentioned, thought I'd bet there are still some wasted.

@Carp: I think I've seen 97% mentioned a fair bit as being about the minimum reasonable uptime, but even a few "elitists" that say anything under 99% on Ultra is too low. The idea is SS on the pull, 1CP SnD, and then always refresh with 1-2 sec remaining so that the only downtime is the first GCD or two.

Ultrax logs are always dodgy, But healers are the best to log it since they don't get fading light. This is a basic L2P issue, the player needs to learn some more about their class. SnD uptime should be 97-99% realistically. CD management is horrible, as is CP management. Suggest that he gets some tracking addons, slice admiral is a good one for people who don't want to spend ages setting an addon up - and considering his playstyle i'll tar him with this brush. Also suggest some CP Building sound addons, such as hear kitty. He may also want to set up some basic Power auras for AR, KS and Tricks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here is our full log:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...3b5/dashboard/
    You gave me a clue what to check in logs for our rogue, I saw on other bosses that his SnD uptime is low, between 60-85% on different encounters. Yesterday me and the raid leader questioned him, and he told, that he DOES forgetting SnD, or being slow on refreshing it. Lets hope he will fix this problem. He has the best gear in our guild (being lucky in drops and got legendaries) so we expect the top dps also.
    Thanks again for the useful comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    and exactly why is that bull**** , you should consider why you still on stage 1 and you didnt recived the daggers 1st(hint not good enough? or amaizingly op that the other rogues of your guild were in need of boost to keep up in dmg if u;re still on s1 and raid 25 i think 2 of them are ahead of you alrdy) before you trash that rogue , ofc his SnD is horrible but he came here for fix and you nerd cuz lifes not fair
    Long story short: i was the main rogue in the ally 1st guild, since they decided that was better to make an officer reroll to give him the dagger first. Maybe i'm not a top-level rogue, but i know how to play my class enough to break the 40k wall with my normal gear and stage 1.

Hence i decided to change guild. Obviously this meant that the new guild rogues were before me in line, and that's not a problem. The problem is that something like legendaries which are meant to give a significant boost to your raid are given to a guy who clearly doesn't know even the basics of his class. I'm farming now and i will get them eventually, but i'd liked much more to use them for progression instead of getting them to put them in bank.

Well, it happened and i cannot change it, but still i call this bull****. I expect anyone to do the same thing
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Long story short: (...)
    That's why it's best to make guild out of friends, that know that you're best at that class, and they wont let anyone else take your spot, unless he's really, really better. You might have lower progression, but safe spot for raids, comfy TS and no problem with getting fe. Rogue legendary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Long story short: i was the main rogue in the ally 1st guild, since they decided that was better to make an officer reroll to give him the dagger first. Maybe i'm not a top-level rogue, but i know how to play my class enough to break the 40k wall with my normal gear and stage 1.

Hence i decided to change guild. Obviously this meant that the new guild rogues were before me in line, and that's not a problem. The problem is that something like legendaries which are meant to give a significant boost to your raid are given to a guy who clearly doesn't know even the basics of his class. I'm farming now and i will get them eventually, but i'd liked much more to use them for progression instead of getting them to put them in bank.

Well, it happened and i cannot change it, but still i call this bull****. I expect anyone to do the same thing
    I feel you... I'm 'the' Rogue on our 10-man guild and we got into DS a little later than most. Two more months or so for me here to go and I might be able to wave them at a boss once before MoP starts

On-topic: I'm in the camp that your guild rogue definitely needs an add-on or two. And some practice time on the dummies.
    Here's an interesting training. Team up with him and mark one dummy with skull for him to beat up on. Tell him that when you remove the mark, he has to stop dps and find which one you've stuck it on to continue. Occasionally make him run around a bit more than he can actually stay and dps a single target.

We used a similar tactic to get our warlock get used to multidotting by pointing out additional targets to dot up while working on his main focus

I have a log of me pulling 54.5k dps on 10man Heroic Ultraxion with an 87.9% uptime on SnD, when I know I have it up 100% of the time.

Mechanics in the fight screw up logging.

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiouslol View Post
    I have a log of me pulling 54.5k dps on 10man Heroic Ultraxion with an 87.9% uptime on SnD, when I know I have it up 100% of the time.

Mechanics in the fight screw up logging.
    Sure, it's the phasing issue when you're not logging it by yourself. But still you can check if the "downtime" of snd matches the phasing time through the wol - in the OP's case, it's not; the time windows are completely dfferent and the snd uptime should be substantially higher.

EDIT: for the curious, that officer was before a balance druid with legendary staff. afaik, as soon he's completed the daggers, he got bored and returned to his old main (this last could be a lie anyway, since i'm no more there and i just talk with old friends).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.