Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
15
55
... LastLast
  1. #81
    It was changed a few patches ago, before we could level to 87 and use it, actually.

    "Throw down a war banner that increases the critical damage of party or raid members within 30 yards of the banner by 20%. Lasts 10 sec."

  2. #82
    Mechagnome Pilkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    615
    Got a question about warriors if anyone in the beta can help with it, i benched my warrior at 85 because i was fed up of being so dependant on macros in pvp. It feels so clunky and slow swapping to shield and back for spell reflects and things, is this still the case? I've always had a soft spot for warriors but this alone just puts me right off and makes the class feel very awkward

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Beta Deep Wounds does significantly greater damage than Rend. As a tank I've seen it ticking for 13-15k.

    Battle Stance is 10% more damage.

    Warriors still have VR for healing and a choice of 3 strong healing talents.

    The crit concern is valid and something I'm not happy about. Far from the end of the world, but I'm in agreement on that one.

    Colossus Smash is Arms and Fury. Only spec that can't use it is protection.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-28 at 11:06 AM ----------



    You apparently don't understand the overlap here.

    Storm Bolt stuns for 3s. Gag Order silences for 3 seconds, thats how we pull casters to us with Heroic Throw.

    If you Storm Bolt a caster, and its both silenced and stunned for 3s, it will recover exactly where it was and resume nuking you. Its absolutely pointless to have a silence attached to an ability that stuns for the same duration.

    You need to understand and play pvp.. When stormbolt stuns and silences at the same time, a DK would be forced to use trinket, because IBF doesn't work due to silence. You might find it not necessary for pve. But for pvp it was great to have sb silence for 3 sec. Mages would not be able to blink neither, for example. The secenrios I had in my head with stormbolt also silencing were just beautiful.

    Keeping heroic throw and gaining stormbolt would be a good alternative. But losing heroic throw and the potential silence of stormbolt leaves you with zero ranged silences, although you would have a ranged silence if you don't take stormbolt.
    Last edited by JayJay09; 2012-04-28 at 07:56 PM.

  4. #84
    Mechagnome DragonSoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelfor View Post
    I'm sorry, I agree with a lot of your points, but you can't seriously be saying that warriors are terrible on live. Warriors are third after rogues and mages. they scale crazy with gear.
    pve warriors are fine but pvp they suck and as a pvper i wont be leveling my warrior il be leveling my feral and dk i keep my warrior jsut for the mounts he has, warriors are already nerfed to shit and we are still in beta live mop wil lsuck for warriors why dnt blizz just remove warriors and give them a free 85 dk or pally instead

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonSoul View Post
    pve warriors are fine but pvp they suck and as a pvper i wont be leveling my warrior il be leveling my feral and dk i keep my warrior jsut for the mounts he has, warriors are already nerfed to shit and we are still in beta live mop wil lsuck for warriors why dnt blizz just remove warriors and give them a free 85 dk or pally instead
    Do i know you? (this is furiouschamp on the beta)

    Just played the beta... warriors clearly suck (popped flag/trinket/trinket proc/recklessness) and my dragon roar crits for 17k... (that dmg was against a lvl 85 lock) just sooo unbalanced.. our survivability sucks and casters continue to be trolling and they will continue to troll until the game is finished.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I don't think you get it. If the opponent is both stunned and silenced for 3 secs, then what is the point of the silence? They can't do anything anyway.
    I guess you don't know what blink does...or icebound fortitude for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  7. #87
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,908
    1.) B=b.

    2.) We aren't weak currently,

    3.) Since damage hasn't been balanced yet in beta, to assume we are weak based on beta is asinine and stupid.

    4.) See above for crit. Lets not forget, we have way more crit now than we had in T11. Heck, as an arms warrior I have like 18% crit w/ close to full BiS.

    5.) Have you tried dueling as a warrior ATM? They seem (personal test) fairly strong in PVP ATM.
    TL;DR its too soon to tell. Your argument is void.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    1.) B=b.

    2.) We aren't weak currently,

    3.) Since damage hasn't been balanced yet in beta, to assume we are weak based on beta is asinine and stupid.

    4.) See above for crit. Lets not forget, we have way more crit now than we had in T11. Heck, as an arms warrior I have like 18% crit w/ close to full BiS.

    5.) Have you tried dueling as a warrior ATM? They seem (personal test) fairly strong in PVP ATM.
    TL;DR its too soon to tell. Your argument is void.
    My arguement is void ? No, this is a discussion page. Also how many times have the DEV's said, "This game is not balanced on 1v1"? So no your point of "Warriors dueling do great", is whats really void. I know that they do well in duels, that doesnt mean theyre doing well in PvP in general. Please think before you speak, and theres absolutely no way you have 18% crit in PvP, because im a Worgen Warrior and self buffed im only at 11% in almost full Cataclysmic Gear. The only way youd get that crit is if your stacking Crit gems or wearing PvE gear. In which case again your arguement on crit is void because this is a discussion about PvP and not PVE.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-29 at 03:32 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    It was changed a few patches ago, before we could level to 87 and use it, actually.

    "Throw down a war banner that increases the critical damage of party or raid members within 30 yards of the banner by 20%. Lasts 10 sec."
    I see, ew i dont even want to think about mages getting the banner buff =/ ice lance just got 4x damage instead of 3x, so its going to shatter alot harder, especially with Skull banner D:
    Last edited by Punctured; 2012-04-29 at 03:31 AM.

  9. #89
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Punctured View Post
    My arguement is void ? No, this is a discussion page. Also how many times have the DEV's said, "This game is not balanced on 1v1"? So no your point of "Warriors dueling do great", is whats really void. I know that they do well in duels, that doesnt mean theyre doing well in PvP in general. Please think before you speak, and theres absolutely no way you have 18% crit in PvP, because im a Worgen Warrior and self buffed im only at 11% in almost full Cataclysmic Gear. The only way youd get that crit is if your stacking Crit gems or wearing PvE gear. In which case again your arguement on crit is void because this is a discussion about PvP and not PVE.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-29 at 03:32 AM ----------



    I see, ew i dont even want to think about mages getting the banner buff =/ ice lance just got 4x damage instead of 3x, so its going to shatter alot harder, especially with Skull banner D:

    Someone needs to take logic 210 lol.

    Post constructively or not at all ~ Lohe
    Last edited by Lohe; 2012-04-29 at 09:58 PM.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    1.) B=b.

    2.) We aren't weak currently,

    3.) Since damage hasn't been balanced yet in beta, to assume we are weak based on beta is asinine and stupid.

    4.) See above for crit. Lets not forget, we have way more crit now than we had in T11. Heck, as an arms warrior I have like 18% crit w/ close to full BiS.

    5.) Have you tried dueling as a warrior ATM? They seem (personal test) fairly strong in PVP ATM.
    TL;DR its too soon to tell. Your argument is void.
    You say that damage hasn't been balanced then and then you say that warriors are fine in PvP. Tell me, what is your criteria for warriors being strong in beta? Considering that we're pretty much only good in PvP on beta DUE TO OUR DAMAGE I don't know where the hell you're basing your opinions from.

    I'm also sensing a lack of cognitive coherence from your end seeing as you think that 18% base crit with no other modifiers is better than 25% ms crit and 70% op crit.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  11. #91
    Mechagnome Suff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Look outside ur window, i derr?
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by Punctured View Post
    .

    Avatar = Heroic Fury + Deathwish
    War Banner = Commanding shout, Demoralizing shout, or Recklessness, and we dont even know if theyre hittable yet. Theyre totems pretty much.
    Dragonshout it just an AOE shockwave with more burst and a longer CD.

    Do you see what im saying now ?

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 10:20 AM ----------

    Exactly what im thinking. Our crits going to be soo low that it wont make up much at all.
    This so much, not only are we bad, we're getting boring with no new abilitys

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Suff View Post
    This so much, not only are we bad, we're getting boring with no new abilitys
    I'd tend to argue that we have everything we need outside of ways to stick to our target. Something with which they can't get too imaginitive or they'll make us overpowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  13. #93
    Why has no one mentioned the fact that we get a 1min fear instead of 2 now? Better cc.
    b=b, damage numbers will be worked out
    There are many glad warriors, your arguement is invalid. Just because its not wotlk deathbringers will shadowmourne easy, doesn't mean warriors are useless.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Buhrag View Post
    There are many glad warriors, your arguement is invalid. Just because its not wotlk deathbringers will shadowmourne easy, doesn't mean warriors are useless.
    Warriors are not useless, they are FRUSTRATING to play.
    And btw, all other classes do our job better than us.
    Many warriors are glad, yeah, but they are still the class with the lower representation in high rated arenas, that's a fact, you cannot deny it.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Buhrag View Post
    wotlk deathbringers will shadowmourne easy
    Bringing up dbw and smourne without mentioning lsd and castercleave in general doesn't make your "argument" a whole lot more appealing to be fair.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-04-30 at 01:16 AM.

  16. #96
    Stood in the Fire Doffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by Punctured View Post
    True, lets hope ._.
    But seriously im sick of Blizzard screwing Warriors. Something tells me we are going to be terrible again like we are right now =/
    I'm afraid of this too! We need more love!
    I am dedicated to the warrior class, so whatever may come, it'll still be my main in MoP, still be the first class I'll get to 90, but I do hope we'll receive some love soon.

    On wowhead it shows that we're also losing whirlwind and slam as fury abilities, they now belong to arms. These are changes that also makes me quite the sad warrior.. actually no.. It makes me furious!

  17. #97
    The Lightbringer The Caretaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    3,119
    I’m still following this thread, and just want to say a few things.

    1) Don’t worry about datamined information from either this site or Wowhead; things like Whirlwind missing from Fury are relatively obvious mistakes and shouldn’t be taken too seriously. To the poster asking about Slam, however, yes – it’s gone from Fury.

    2) The way warriors play in MoP is very different to how they play now, in all three specs. Though most people are relatively clued in, there is a lot of misinformation in this thread caused by the assumption that things are largely staying the same. They’re not.

    3) Notes are now starting to speak about a lot of damage changes across the classes. It’s now more relevant to talk about DPS because the first damage passes are starting to happen. That said, it’s still worth being careful about any conclusions drawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, it is possible for people, many people actually, to not think very highly of World of Warcraft. Those self same people may even consider other games in the genre superior due to their own subjective qualifiers. Qualifiers which are just as valid as the subjective qualifiers of those whom believe World of Warcraft is a "23 out of 10".

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Punctured View Post
    Wrong, this is exactly how we catch a mage.
    So you are planning to get a mage down in 3seconds of "unblinkable" stun? Think of it, whole 3 seconds, you even have time left to /hug the corpse..

    A non-silencing Storm Bolt is better but people will do their best not to understand this.
    I understand how "cool" it is to have stun+silence in 1 GCD against, say, mages not being able to blink out of it, dks not being able to IBF out of it, but still it is only 3 seconds and triggers diminishing returns.

    In those 3 seconds, best you can do is hitting 1 mortal strike and a heroic strike. I don't know if it does but it will probably use a GCD, reducing the actual usable time of the stun to only 1.5 seconds. Even if it is without GCD (pure 3 seconds of stun and/or silence), we don't have some bullshit like shatter combo.
    Storm Bolt, in my opinion, is just there to help getting that last bit of, say, 15-20k HP of a runaway target.
    Last edited by Angy; 2012-05-02 at 08:09 AM.

  19. #99
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    492
    I've read that everybody here has been complaining that if you miss MS, you're screwed. Sure, you can't get the healing debuff on the target then if it's not already there - and about unlocking other abilities, have you guys tried using just thunderclap (since it also applies deep wounds)?

    Only thing I can see is that you'll miss the rage and dmg from the MS. Nothing more, or did I miss something else?

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankipappa View Post
    I've read that everybody here has been complaining that if you miss MS, you're screwed. Sure, you can't get the healing debuff on the target then if it's not already there - and about unlocking other abilities, have you guys tried using just thunderclap (since it also applies deep wounds)?

    Only thing I can see is that you'll miss the rage and dmg from the MS. Nothing more, or did I miss something else?
    If you miss/get it parried you wont gain any overpowers
    Meaning you're left with 3 globals with slams costing 30rage each

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •