Page 41 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post

and what would that utility be?and do not say banners,they are just shouts taken from us and made into banners.
    Probably talking about last stand and vigilance as well although the latter is in the end just a talented hand of sacrifice.

Deleted
    now the shit is poppin in mop with the resilience buff. Some classes cant kill us with second wind and execute doenst kill no more. I need 2-3 executes to kill my target now.

Quote Originally Posted by 6FeetDeep View Post
    now the shit is poppin in mop with the resilience buff. Some classes cant kill us with second wind and execute doenst kill no more. I need 2-3 executes to kill my target now.
    They can't kill us and we can't kill them. Yay, We're cockroaches -.-

Fact of the matter is that the math they (hopefully) have done to say that we're "doing fine" right now is not something I can understand. They have about 7 weeks to make it right, and we'll see what happens. However I'm not convinced that they'll make any of the HUGE changes necessary to make the class any relevant on the meters or any fun to play.

and what would that utility be?and do not say banners,they are just shouts taken from us and made into banners.
    Let's look at what Warriors already have:

- Rallying Cry
    - Shattering Throw
    - Bring a total of 4 buffs and debuffs to the table.

Now let's look at what Warriors got:

- Banners. No, except for Mocking Banner the other two don't have anything to compare currently. -10% damage and specially 20% extra crit damage are major for raids.
    - Sacrifice/Safeguard/Spell Reflect. Sacrifice is broken and been abused in raids since forever. Safeguard is average, Prot warriors took it on certain encounters but usually ditched it because points were better spent elsewhere. Spell Reflect works awesomely on Hagara, Ascendant Council and probably others.
    - Die by the Sword has the potential to let you ignore tank mechanics with an invincible off tank for 8 secs. Could be abused to drop Morchok and Blackhorn stacks and negate the need for a second tank, depending on the number of warriors in your raid.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post

- Rallying Cry
    - Shattering Throw

- Banners. No, except for Mocking Banner the other two don't have anything to compare currently. -10% damage and specially 20% extra crit damage are major for raids.
    - Sacrifice/Safeguard/Spell Reflect. Sacrifice is broken and been abused in raids since forever. Safeguard is average, Prot warriors took it on certain encounters but usually ditched it because points were better spent elsewhere. Spell Reflect works awesomely on Hagara, Ascendant Council and probably others.
    - Die by the Sword has the potential to let you ignore tank mechanics with an invincible off tank for 8 secs. Could be abused to drop Morchok and Blackhorn stacks and negate the need for a second tank, depending on the number of warriors in your raid.
    I don't think Prot has die by the sword...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I don't think Prot has die by the sword...
    that's his point. u can make a dps warr tank for 8 seconds with Die by the Sword

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post

- Rallying Cry
    - Shattering Throw

interesting,considering the guy i replied to said warriors have alot of utility if you are going to DPS FOR PVE.and you listed defensive CD that are already in game?Rallying Cry and Shattering Throw we already have them,so nothing new there.banner's you say?they are just shouts taking form us,i would rather just have the old +5% crit from fury,and that would be far far better then a banner that last a few secs.so again nothing new there.safeguard isa prot talent that should have been base line for arms years ago,and its for pvp "take this and no MSR" spell reflect does not work in pve "bosses" and its been nerfed to a 30 sec cd.they are both already in game,so no new utility there,right?die by the sword does not turn and arms/fury warrior into an invincible off tank,really wtf are you smoking?die by the sword is a nice little buff for pvp warriors,its nothing more then that.

so again where is all this new utility that you people say warriors are getting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Well, at least we got something I am really glad of, which MMO-Champ missed:

Item - Warrior PvP Set 4P Bonus: Your Heroic Leap ability now also cancels all immobilizing and movement impairing effects.

http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=131668
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ior-PvP-in-MoP

/flex

I fuckin called that shit, yo.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Hey guys if youd like check out my Dragons Roar nerf thread, i have a few going on.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ons-Roar/page4
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...11048?page=1#1
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...0684?page=2#38

All our talents and glyphs for PvP in Mists of Pandaria are literally MUSTS. Soo Blizzard has taken away all viability of other talents, these below are pretty much MUSTS.

Talents

Juggernaut - Must
    Second Wind - Must
    Piercing Howl - Must
    Shockwave - Must
    Mass Spell Reflect - Must

Glyphs

Rude Interruption
    Gag Order
    Death from Above

These are all Musts for Competitive PvP.

It's as though Blizzard is planning to intentionally break PTR for PvP every weekend (I HAVE TWO DATA POINTS OF EVIDENCE OK?!)

But yea, Dragon Roar officially hits for less damage than it did when it was physical without any buffs. As in it deals less damage than csmash-less physical dragon roar as fire damage dragon roar with cds up. As in it's a blatant flat out nerf to the ability.

Above poster, I agree with you on everything except MSR. Safeguard and vigilance are still very viable alternatives.

Also, warrior damage is now officially the WEAKEST damage in the game outside of cds. MS/BT and OP/WS need major buffs like I said earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    It's as though Blizzard is planning to intentionally break PTR for PvP every weekend (I HAVE TWO DATA POINTS OF EVIDENCE OK?!)

But yea, Dragon Roar officially hits for less damage than it did when it was physical without any buffs. As in it deals less damage than csmash-less physical dragon roar as fire damage dragon roar with cds up. As in it's a blatant flat out nerf to the ability.

Above poster, I agree with you on everything except MSR. Safeguard and vigilance are still very viable alternatives.

Also, warrior damage is now officially the WEAKEST damage in the game outside of cds. MS/BT and OP/WS need major buffs like I said earlier.
    I Mean theyre "viable" but im sure that most people find a Reflect for all teammates the best option. The way i see it, it can negate a train like in threes. Druid setting up a cyclone, Mage setting up a polymorph and, target someone on your team to train, well theyre in for a surprise when those get reflected and you train their teammate that isnt CCed from reflect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Punctured View Post
    Hey guys if youd like check out my Dragons Roar nerf thread, i have a few going on.

All our talents and glyphs for PvP in Mists of Pandaria are literally MUSTS. Soo Blizzard has taken away all viability of other talents, these below are pretty much MUSTS.

Talents

Juggernaut - Must
    Second Wind - Must
    Piercing Howl - Must
    Shockwave - Must

Glyphs

Rude Interruption
    Gag Order
    Death from Above

Replace Rude Interruption with Long Charge. You don't PvP without 30yd Charge.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    While I feel Satori already answered this to an extent, let me paint it a bit more clearly with regard to what we're getting in PvE:

- Rallying Cry is a defensive raid cooldown.
    - Skull Banner is an offensive raid cooldown.
    - Vigilance is an external tank cooldown.

No other class in the game, unless I'm mistaken, has so much powerful PvE utility and that's not counting our ability to offtank, the other banners that can be extraordinarly useful, and talents that allow us to do all sorts of things depending on the encounter.

---------- Post added 2012-07-28 at 11:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    Fact of the matter is that the math they (hopefully) have done to say that we're "doing fine" right now is not something I can understand. They have about 7 weeks to make it right, and we'll see what happens. However I'm not convinced that they'll make any of the HUGE changes necessary to make the class any relevant on the meters or any fun to play.
    When was the last time DPS warriors were irrelevant on damage meters?

And PvP with Bladestorm, Safeguard, the new set-bonus and a trinket... Our uptime is looking pretty good all of a sudden.

Thylacine, warriors are RIGHT NOW on the beta irrelevant on damage meters due to the rage generation nerfs. Fury is towards the bottom of the list on PvE dps and arms is nowhere to be seen.

Bladestorm is not ever a viable choice for PvP. Not just because the ability is terrible in and of itself (120% weapon damage is barely a tickle to cloth wearers and the 1.5 minute cd on a glorified root breaker doesn't help) but shockwave is just light years better than it. Hell, even dragon roar is better than it after the recent nerf. You're right though that warrior uptime is not going to be a problem even if you don't pick bladestorm or safeguard.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I'm not sure why I bother but...can't walk away from internet arguments.

interesting,considering the guy i replied to said warriors have alot of utility if you are going to DPS FOR PVE.
    Everything I said pertains to DPS.

and you listed defensive CD that are already in game?Rallying Cry and Shattering Throw we already have them,so nothing new there.
    Yes, you noticed it's in the "already have list", good job.

banner's you say?they are just shouts taking form us,
    No they're not.

i would rather just have the old +5% crit from fury,
    Aw man this is priceless. First, the 5% raid buff that Fury had is still in the game so no loss there. The 2% extra crit Rampage gave has been removed, yes, but Warriors got 5% extra baseline crit that we didn't have in Cata, that's a 3% crit gain. Get your facts straight.

and that would be far far better then a banner that last a few secs.so again nothing new there.
    You have no idea how the banner works, do you?

safeguard isa prot talent that should have been base line for arms years ago,
    "Safeguard is a prot talent that should have been baseline for arms". Awesome.

and its for pvp
    I thought this was about PvE dps?

"take this and no MSR" spell reflect does not work in pve "bosses"
    Yes it does. Hagara, Ascendant Council and Alisrazor are examples that come to mind.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post

- Rallying Cry is a defensive raid cooldown.
    - Skull Banner is an offensive raid cooldown.
    - Vigilance is an external tank cooldown.

When was the last time DPS warriors were irrelevant on damage meters?
    Should have been ulduar when I remember correctly with the "post" naxx nerfs although the gear alleviated the issue of course towards the end.
    Anyways Rallying Cry and Vigilance are certainly comparable to hand of sacrifice/protection and loh which every paladin had available since god knows how long with rallying cry being certainly way easier to put to a good use than a well placed loh.
    For having a raid dps cd I guess that went sort of lucky. Raid dps cds apart from bloodlust are obviously something new and only two classes were granted those when I see that correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Thylacine, warriors are RIGHT NOW on the beta irrelevant on damage meters due to the rage generation nerfs. Fury is towards the bottom of the list on PvE dps and arms is nowhere to be seen.
    Who cares?

Seriously, who cares?

We've been looking terrible on every single beta since launch, yet still ended up continually nerfed because we ended up overpowered. Take my word for it, when T14 comes around, DPS warriors will be competitive and will bring almost unparallelled utility to raid groups lucky enough to have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Punctured View Post

Talents

Juggernaut - Must
    Second Wind - Must
    Piercing Howl - Must
    Shockwave - Must

Glyphs

Rude Interruption
    Gag Order
    Death from Above

Glyph of Icy Veins : Your Icy Veins causes your Frostbolt, Frostfire Bolt, Ice Lance, and your Water Elemental's Waterbolt spells to split into 3 smaller bolts that each do 160% damage, instead of increasing spell casting speed.

Indeed, MSR WILL be a must rofl... poor mage... poor poor mage getting all them ice lances returned to him... /evil grin

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    that's his point. u can make a dps warr tank for 8 seconds with Die by the Sword

You do realise that this ability activates at 20% right? If you get oneshot or killed at 30% it doesn't matter one bit. This really doesn't work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saevus.Reptile View Post
    You do realise that this ability activates at 20% right? If you get oneshot or killed at 30% it doesn't matter one bit. This really doesn't work.
    Gotta love when someone correct something with a condescendant tone and they are wrong.

PD: Die by the sword is an active skill in MoP, not passive.