Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Endgame will be the Dungeons, GW2 isnt a PvE Game.
    Last edited by Nokami; 2012-04-26 at 01:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw thread, knew it was bad

Did anyway. Tired of pointless hype threads and omg launcher posts

Gw2 is basically gw1 hm all the time without the hard of hard mode
    Everything is relevant content

Stop the "endgame starts at 1" crap. It's an old PR move that gets blindly used too much and 1) makes you sound stupid 2) makes the game sound stupid

Bottom line: there is no progression ladder. Primary gameplay at max level will be either dynamic events which you find the most fun on the zone you like best or explorable mode dungeons. Realistically most people will chill out in Orr

If you don't like the sound of that tough titties, this game isn't what you want. Sorry

Can we stop these threads now
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    Can we stop these threads now
    No because endgame starts at level 1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    The Endgame will be the Dungeons, GW2 isnt a PvE Game.
    Either ignorant or is clueless

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 08:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    No because endgame starts at level 1
    Know who else likes to regurgitate overused talking points and get nothing done? Politicians
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    If all you care about is gear/character progression, this game is not for you.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    All game = end game

Explorable dungeons will be truly hard though. Even developers wiped on them. I saw a video that TotalBiscuit did on an explorable mode dungeon and do you know how long it took them? 3 hours!!! No kidding.
    Plus, level scaling and dynamic events for hundreds of hours.

You won't run out of things to do in Guild Wars 2 for a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY long time!

So, you think really that Dungeons and World Events (Rifts) will hold the PvE Players? Too much hyped?

All game = end game

Ding ding ding

we have a winner

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 01:54 PM ----------

So, you think really that Dungeons and World Events (Rifts) will hold the PvE Players? Too much hyped?
    World event (rifts)? what are you smoking. There is a sticky in caps on info about the game for the uninitiated. I suggest you read it.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

How many dungeons will be here at launch?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    How many dungeons will be here at launch?
    8 I believe, each one having a story mode, and then exploration mode which has 3 different paths(for now, more might of been added). This is not including dynamic events which change the dungeon even further.

Deleted
    Actually when you sit down and think a bit about how much endgame WoW has at the moment for example, you will realize that GW2 offers you much more "endgame", even if it is not raids but more than 1500 dynamic events, dungeons, pvp and to a lesser extent crafting. There are of course massive dynamic meta events, which scale with the number of people doing them and from experience I can honestly say that the fights are incredible and very fun. There is also a long personal story. However if you enjoy the gear treadmill GW2 is not for you. GW2 is for people like me that got sick with doing the same thing expansion after expansion, patch after patch only to have a character restart in the next expansion, people who are sick of the same old quests and unimaginative bosses, and the ever increasing grind in the form of reputations and quest hubs.

10+ Year Old Account
    A game with non shitty pvp does not automatically make a game a pvp game
    The Original Ganksta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    This. Not every game has to follow the same formula. Fact is most people who play WoW don't raid and yet it has achieved it's level of success without those people doing it's endgame content. Just because it's a MMO doesn't mean it has to have large scale instanced raids, plenty of other games already cater towards that market.

Deleted
    8 dungeons with 4 modes each.
    1 story mode (easy)
    3 explorable modes (really hard). All 4 modes have differents pathways/bosses.

So 32 dungeon variations in total. And the variations are bigger than just different scenery, believe me.

World event (rifts)? what are you smoking.
    Dynamic Events (World Events) are simply the same as the Rifts(!) in Rift?
    + Add some Quests and Mini-Games, and done.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dynamic_event
    Last edited by Nokami; 2012-04-26 at 02:04 PM.

So three dungeons but with 8,000,000 random spots a boss could spawn that makes 24 million dungeons then. Might last me till MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I think this is the most important message of this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 08:51 AM ----------

Know who else likes to regurgitate overused talking points and get nothing done? Politicians
    Dude, chill. I see your name posting and I can just tell it's going to be some "jerkish" comment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    I think you're vastly underestimating the amount of content in GW2. With ~1500 dynamic events in the game at release, do you really think you'll have done all of them when you reach level 80? Let's assume each DE takes 10 minutes to complete (for simplicity's sake), that's 15,000 minutes (250 hours, or 10.4 days) of content. Leveling speed plateaus at 90 minutes per level at level 30, meaning it's faster before then, but let's assume every level, 1-80, takes 90 minutes. That's 7,200 minutes (120 hours, or 5 days exactly).

This means that when you hit level 80, you'll have experienced about half of the game. There will be about FIVE CONSECUTIVE DAYS OF BRAND NEW CONTENT. And this isn't even taking into account meta-events or dungeons.

How many hours of brand new PvE content can you find in your average MMO at max level these days?
    1500+ dynamic events number dont say much rly. Its nice marketing number but if one rly think about it, its just abstract number.
    Better info for player would be (but not that nice looking from PR pov) - how many dynamic events can you experience in leveling from 1 to 80 without replay same area? How many dynamic events areas is in game? How often dynamic events change? How many dynamic events is multistage ones ?

Truth is that when you reach level 80, you can keep doing dungeons, or replay content again with chance that you will experience differnt DEs this time which might not be case.And replaying content means you wont be doing completed Hearts events, skill challenges etc.

So unless Anet will add more PvE content in patches (which propably they will), for a lot ppl endgame in GW2 will be PvP mostly.

Dynamic Events (World Events) are simply the same as the Rifts(!) in Rift?
    + Add some Quests and Mini-Games, and done.
    They are not, which is why I asked, what are you smoking?