Pre-purchase with debit card

So my friend want to pre-purchase, but only has debit card. Anyone know where he can do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually had to set up a pay-pal account with my debit card and then paid that way. For some reason even when I used mine as credit (as I usually do) it did not go through and kept getting errors. Just tell him to set up a pay pal account and get it through the main GW2 site if anything.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Deleted
    PayPal should do the work, yes, it shouldn't be too hard to get. And then go here: https://buy.guildwars2.com/ to buy the game.

i only have debit card and use that for everything online as credit, i don't have any issues. used for last 3 yrs or so. ive brought off blizzard and lots of other gaming sites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    i only have debit card and use that for everything online as credit, i don't have any issues. used for last 3 yrs or so. ive brought off blizzard and lots of other gaming sites.
    The problem is that for whatever reason Anet does not accept debit cards as credit (at least from my experience) so it is possible that the pay pal route is the only way if you want to buy it directly from them. I am sure third party sellers take it, but it depends on where the person wants to buy from that can give them the beta access key by tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    The problem is that for whatever reason Anet does not accept debit cards as credit (at least from my experience) so it is possible that the pay pal route is the only way if you want to buy it directly from them. I am sure third party sellers take it, but it depends on where the person wants to buy from that can give them the beta access key by tomorrow.
    No idea what you are talking about, I used my debit card on the pre purchase, transaction went in fine and my account is registered and in beta.

So yea you can use your debit card, if people still have doubts I don't understand why don't you just try it and find out? Worst case scenario it doesn't work.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I used my debit card and it worked fine, no problems at all. Just go and try it like zito said :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow, then it must have really hated my card. Well glad it is only me then. Yeah, try it out. If it does not work for whatever reason, just go through pay pal like I did.

Deleted
    i paid with debit card. i clicked the paypal option then on the paypal u can pay without signing in. ( pay as guest ) and just entered my debit card info and bought the game

I used my debit as credit and it worked for me, but I did have to reenter it several times before it went through. It may have to do with how they go about things. None of it was instant like you might expect, but over the course of a day they sent me the confirmation email, put a hold on the money, then finally took the money from my account.

Deleted
    I used my Visa Electron debit card and it worked fine.

I pre-purchased with a debit card

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on how your debit card works and whether or not it can function as a credit card. Some banks offer cards where it can function both as a debit and credit card. Just like CIBC in Canada. If you have a paypal account, link his paypal account and his bank account with each other so you can then transfer money to each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    Pre purchased the digital deluxe from Anet, with a debit card. Didn't have any problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkster View Post
    So my friend want to pre-purchase, but only has debit card. Anyone know where he can do that?
    I did that...

Just about anything you can do with a credit card, you can do with a debit card instead.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should be able to use the Debt card online. I can use mine because its a Mastercard so it sort of acts like a credit card. If you just enter the account details on GW2 website it should go though?

Deleted
    It's depends on the type of debit card you have (E.g. Visa, Mastercard etc.) not just that it's a debit card. My debit card isn't accepted by Anet so I had to use Paypal aswell.

It's no use saying that person A can pay with one because you have.