Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New PC, how will it perform?

Hey all,

this is my first post on MMO-champion, have been a reader for quite some time :-)

I'm thinking about buying a new pc.
    and so I'm wondering how it will perform with WoW (ultra, high fps, etc...)

specs:
    HP Pavilion HPE h9-1100ed Phoenix desktop pc (B2H69EA)

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3770 (3,4 GHz 8 MB L3 cache )

Memory: 8 GB DDR3

Intern disk: 2-TB SATA 6G (7200-rpm)

Graphic card: AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz edition (2 GB reserved)

translated from Dutch so maybe I didn't use the correct terms but I guess u know what I mean

Thanks

Deleted
    ultra 1080p settings and 50+ fps

Deleted
    i used to play with a older setup at 45+ fps at ultraxion 25 on ultra, so this setup wil defo run it 50+

but yes, its more then fine to run wow at ultra:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Weak GPU, if not mediocre.

Give us a budget instead of HP, they've got the poopiest customer service I've ever experienced.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Don't get a 7770, WoW might not be very taxing on the graphics card, but that one is pushing it a bit. My 4 year old 9800 GTX+ probably performs better than it. Either an nVidia 560 or higher, ATI 6850 or higher or 7850 or higher

hey, thanks for the responses

I see 2 ppl saying it will be perfectly fine (ultra + high fps) and 2 saying its not a very good graphic card / (GPU)?

so what do I do ??

Get a better GPU?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Get a better GPU?
    Why would I when the first 2 posters say its good enough?

and btw its a prebuilt pc...

You have a very good processor, and a crappy graphics card. You should try to find a computer which is balanced.

something like a 2500K/3570K, HD 7850/7870, Z77 motherboard, 8GB DDR3 RAM

First off, you do not need a better Gpu for wow.. I have a friend with the same card and very similar set-up and it runs wow and other games fine. I understand that it isn't one of the best out there but he can always upgrade it later, for a pre-built PC that card is more than fine. I have managed on integrated cards.

I dont necessarily want the best of the best.
    its just that it would be sweet to run WoW on max settings, and I don't think I need the best of the best for that.

Just wondering if this buddy is good enough

Deleted
    The HD7770 is about on par with the 6850/gtx460 which coupled with any new i5/i7 CPU will eat wow for breakfast so just ignore the comments about a weak GPU.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romandix View Post
    The HD7770 is about on par with the 6850/gtx460 which coupled with any new i5/i7 CPU will eat wow for breakfast so just ignore the comments about a weak GPU.
    The 6850 is a weak GPU. It can handle WoW, but it is probably the cheapest GPU I would recommend for anybody gaming these days.

Can it handle WoW @ max settings? No. Can it run WoW and fit OP's needs? Yes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hapylol View Post
    The 6850 is a weak GPU. It can handle WoW, but it is probably the cheapest GPU I would recommend for anybody gaming these days.

Can it handle WoW @ max settings? No. Can it run WoW and fit OP's needs? Yes
    6850 is definitely not weak, though you're right about recommending it as a minimum, with how pricing is right now 6870 is the better purchase. Look at my signature, I have no issues running WoW with a few tweaks to shadows/AA, 25 man is the only place I did see any significant drop but by no means did it feel unplayable.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    6850 is definitely not weak, though you're right about recommending it as a minimum, with how pricing is right now 6870 is the better purchase. Look at my signature, I have no issues running WoW with a few tweaks to shadows/AA, 25 man is the only place I did see any significant drop but by no means did it feel unplayable.
    Well weak is open for interpretation. 6850 is still a GOOD card but in terms of the cards out now that we would normally recommend it is the lowest. It can definitely run WoW with no problems

sure it can run WoW... but at what settings? :P
    and the pc has HD 7770 not the 6850 thingy

I mean I have a NVIDIA GeForce G100 atm and that runs WoW too (everything low, but it still runs fine).

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Baharroth,

How much is this PC costing you? Just curious because you could probably do better.

I am also not familiar with an i7-3770 can anybody explain what this is?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    These should be better and are cheaper-
    http://www.amazon.de/Professional-DD...473089&sr=8-11
    http://www.amazon.de/Professional-DD...5473165&sr=8-2

They come with crappier HDD's but you can replace that for ~70EUR and save yourself ~100EUR

^^ above is right, those are better and cheaper honestly.

The I7 isn't even worth it for gaming, I5 2500k is the best and cheaper.