Beta: Race Question

After reading through the little Beta FAQ and info on the site I came across a blurb about races.

It said you will be able to choose Charr, Human or Norn characters during the weekend event.

My wife and I were really looking forward to the Asura and Sylvari races and wanted to at least play around with them. Has anyone seen elsewhere confirmation that these races won't be in this event?

I imagine they are doing so for good reason and in time I will get to play those other races, but just wanted some confirmation.

Thanks.

Deleted
    Asura and Sylvari won't be playable this beta, like all the other betas. They have said this some time ago, but if you really need confirmation, hold on then.

http://www.arena.net/blog/the-beta-w...vent-is-coming
    Choices, Choices – You’ll create your own personalized charr, human, or norn character and pick from our eight powerful professions. Your choice of race is vital to your personal story, and it determines in which of the huge starting areas you begin as well. A noble human mesmer will have a radically different game experience than a charr engineer in the service of the Iron Legion. Fortunately, you can roll more than one character and sample each starting area for yourself!
    Last edited by mmoc78d225b3dd; 2012-04-26 at 01:42 PM.

I don't have the link, but I am rather sure I saw mention of it on an official blog/video or something like that.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure they won't let us play Asura or Sylvari until release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    My thoughts too.

They probably don't want us to explore everything before release so they won't spoil these 2 races for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    My thoughts too.

They probably don't want us to explore everything before release so they won't spoil these 2 races for us.
    Understood, and tbh that is fine with me. I knew I would be playing Asura as soon as I saw them (big fan of small races) and my wife fell in love with the Sylvari when we watched a video on the making of the race.

I guess I can be a mean kitty this weekend.

Thanks all for the feedback.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    I'd agree. I think they want to keep the more "exotic" races a surprise, to get more people to buy the game. Not that I disagree with this tactic, I like it =3