Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    I don't know about truly official forums. I heard that the developers sometimes post there though... might be wrong. I also heard it's a horrible place and moderators are crazy... so don't know what to think.
    https://forum.guildwars2.com/

Work in progress

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    No, I will not be addicted to GW2.

If it runs well on my computer, I will no doubt spend way more time than an outsider would deem healthy with it. I will love it, cherish it and become great at it. I don't do stuff half-a...well you know...If I love a game, I LOVE it. This of course means that GW2 needs to have great gameplay and fun for me, but I have no doubt that it does. I have loved every bit of it from what I've seen, the one thing I miss is ground mounts...I think we could get fantastic mounts (1 per char, story based) from Anet.

Anyway...this thread however, makes me deeply worried about the community. That person with the Bieber-portrait doing all the "Don't let the mouth-breathers come to GW2" and referring to WoW-players...well, he acts JUST like the trolls I see in WoW-forums and in-game...tons of ;DDDD (what?) and trying to point out WoW players as "afraid"...of what, our keyboards? Yes, I am a WoW-fan...I look forward to "Pandas" (I have tried the beta, it's really good so far) and I can tell you I'm not at all afraid for my WoW on account on GW2.

Others go on about how WoW-players come here bashing GW2, how they should just leave, how GW2 hasn't even come out and people are already hating on it...yes? So? WoW has been out for 7 YEARS, it holds the most players of any mmorpg to date in one sitting and yet GW2-fans (in general, not pointing fingers) come to our forums and call WoW a bad game, a game that sucks, a game that only kids can like now with MoP on the horizon...tell me, how does it compute calling one community out on being filled with kids and trolls, when the GW2 community seems to have tons of them as well and this game hasn't been released...?

I am sick of it. I am sick of not being able to enjoy WoW forums without seeing trolls bashing that game, I am sick of not being able to love GW2 without constantly having fanboys bashing on WoW and Pandas and calling me a kid or a retard because I love the art style and the combat and the entire game that is called WoW.

My only concern about this game, is the community. I had hoped and for a long time believed that it would be great, but it turns out it'll have all the trolls and narrow-minded people of WoW...an online community in other words. Guess I was a fool for thinking anything else, and so are the imbeciles stating that "LoL as long as we haz no WoW-fanbois in GW2 it'll be guud ;DDDD".

This simply has to stop. WoW is a great game to those that, wait for it...ENJOY IT. GW2 is (according to testers) and will be a great game for...wait for it...THOSE WHO ENJOY IT.

Is this really so hard to grasp? One person or even 1 million saying a game is bad, doesn't make it bad as long as there are 1 million others disagreeing...WoW, GW2, Rift, SWTOR...play and let play, stop trying to make the community of your game out to be superior to those of the other. It's just not true. And for the love of God, let us hype and love GW2 as much as we want...for some the hype will hold, for others not but you can still bet that this game will not fail in a million years.

This is a very good post, thank you good sir.

Reminds me of swtor forums where "Lol go play pandas kiddy" was the most popular phrase by alot of people. Funny seeing how swtor itself had pig poeple, blue tiny elefant people, monkey people, hamster people etc.

http://i.imgur.com/myLOL.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Yeah, like rhandric said... if that's all you have to say here, then don't bother replying?
    I think we have to admit the title of the thread and the fact that people keep posting in it (thus bumping it on the recent forum posts thing on main page) keeps bringing people here. It's more the "you're wrong mentality", people who don't care see the thread title and think "oh, this thread title is wrong, I need to prove it so by posting even though I have no clue about this game!" and then it's just arguing all over. If the title was something more resonable as "Guild Wars 2 might get you addicted" or "Fans of Tyria, this will get you addicted" we wouldn't get so many replies with no actual content.

10+ Year Old Account
    whats so special about guild wars 2 ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Ah, didn't know of those, thanks for telling me. Alas, it seems it doesn't let people without an account even see them yet. Good though that they decided to do this, it was kind of odd to only have fan sites to them but no actual forums.

Deleted

Meant for all MMOs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Reading the provided info given to you from various websites would help that question.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post

Meant for all MMOs.
    And with this, lets end this thread shall we.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    GW2 is a wow killer...Im sure blizz will shut down 2/3 of servers a week after it launches. or maybe not
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting really tired of people complaining about an MMOs community. It's like wishing for a utopian society irl. The days of a nice and helpful community are gone with EQ back when mmos weren't popular and there were smaller, tightly knit communities. If you're turned off by an mmo based on it's community, you might as well quit MMOs, you'll never find it ever again.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    that video is incredibly accurate testament to mmo players in general.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Deleted
    It doesn't require a subscription fee every month.
    It has quite good lore.
    It doesn't have a faction that may be more integrated into the story then another.
    It has world PvP.
    You don't get annoyed if you see people hitting your mobs since you both get stuff.
    It has multiple styles to play, including, but not limited to: personal story, dynamic events, PvP, WorldvsWorldvsWorld PvP, quest-type missions.
    It actually requires you to have some skill at any level you're at, as you get bumped down and up according to the zone you're in.
    The races are different, both in looks and personality.
    The capital cities aren't there only for looks or some ah and banking, but actually are part of events.
    The dynamic events scale to number of people and different outcomes exist depending on if you win or lose.

This is what attracted me to it, I'm sure other people see other things. It's not one thing alone, but it's a lot of smaller things strapped together.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you didn't care you wouldn't have asked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    It doesn't require a subscription fee every month.
    It has quite good lore.
    It doesn't have a faction that may be more integrated into the story then another.
    It has world PvP.
    You don't get annoyed if you see people hitting your mobs since you both get stuff.
    It has multiple styles to play, including, but not limited to: personal story, dynamic events, PvP, WorldvsWorldvsWorld PvP, quest-type missions.
    It actually requires you to have some skill at any level you're at, as you get bumped down and up according to the zone you're in.
    The races are different, both in looks and personality.
    The capital cities aren't there only for looks or some ah and banking, but actually are part of events.
    The dynamic events scale to number of people and different outcomes exist depending on if you win or lose.

This is what attracted me to it, I'm sure other people see other things. It's not one thing alone, but it's a lot of smaller things strapped together.
    oke =) ty for takeing your time typing that

Funny, they tell us to stop posting in the MoP forums if we don't like it, but they come and they post in the GW2 forums. F.U. I think I'm gonna create a dozen more threads over the next few days about all the blatant dumb crap in MoP that I've seen in the beta so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    If you didn't care you wouldn't have asked.
    i removed that post since it was rude and im tired so i dident rly think, sry

MMO's bore me, so no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    MMO's bore me, so no.
    No idea what you are doing on MMO-Champion then.

10+ Year Old Account
    i removed that post since it was rude and im tired so i dident rly think, sry
    it's all good.

Probably should have closed this earlier (thought about it, was hoping people could stay reasonable), but it's gotten out of hand from what I've seen (haven't had time to read through the whole thing yet). Closing this before it gets any worse.