Exclamation Log In Screen Issue

Each of the two times I've downloaded Gw2.dat, the log in scree opened up and I proceeded to close it; however, when trying to get back to the log in screen, Gw2.dat would not open up, even when I tried to open it up through winrar and 7zip. Read only is not checked on either Gw2.dat or Gw2.exe. Is my problem able to be resolved, or will I just have to re-download Gw2.dat and leave the log in screen open until the beta?

Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should have 3 files in one folder (that isn't a zip archive)
    You shouldn't be trying to open GW2.dat

Ok, so if that's the case, then how do I access the GW2 log in screen?

Quote Originally Posted by cronicdemise View Post
    Ok, so if that's the case, then how do I access the GW2 log in screen?
    Run the .exe

I've tried that before (should have mentioned that before) and when I do, it just begins re-downloading Gw2.dat

I've tried that before (should have mentioned that before) and when I do, it just begins re-downloading Gw2.dat
    Put the .dat, .exe and .tmp in the same folder which is not zip or in program files.

How large is the .dat you have? It should be around 13 gb if it's finished. If it isn't at 13 gb, let the downloader do its thing. The percentage and download speed are incorrect, but just look at the files remaining. When you first begin, there's around 180,000 files to download. If you're below that mark the download isn't resetting.

They are. I copied .exe into a folder I created on my desktop and that is where .dat downloaded.

They are. I copied .exe into a folder I created on my desktop and that is where .dat downloaded.
    Take a screenshot of the folder and upload it to imgur.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried running the .exe as admin?

*facepalm* I was clicking the .exe that was in my downloads file which is why it kept trying to re-download .dat

Thanks, Larynx, you made me realize I was being a derp lol. I appreciate the help, though

10+ Year Old Account
    How many files does it say it needs to download?

The client is still being updated with new data as ArenaNet tweak things before the beta, and you will have to download a bit more here and there.

*facepalm* I was clicking the .exe that was in my downloads file which is why it kept trying to re-download .dat

Thanks, Larynx, you made me realize I was being a derp lol. I appreciate the help, though
    I take all credit for helping you. ^^