Page 1 of 51
... LastLast

Obama's Healthcare Bill; Are We Doomed?

Well first and foremost let me explain the bill in a sentence or two. The bill is designed to regulate the health insurance industry, not the health industry itself, in addition to that the bill will make it so all people must possess healthcare or face high fines.

There are two problems.

The first being the price of insurance will take a moderate price hike for a while but according to analysts (who ever they may be) the price will ultimately decline. Of course that isn't set in stone and that's the problem. With universal healthcare, in a sense, the health care system is opened up to a while new mass of people that it wasn't designed to accommodate.

The second problem is simple, infringement on our rights. The government is essentially forcing the people to purchase insurance, arguing its for the welfare of the nation. The problem is where should it stop, will the government seek to control fatty foods or pointless distractions such as casual TV or video games next?

--

In my opinion I think the bill should be swiftly declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court to put an end to this mass. Either provide free healthcare or go home Washington.

-.- A little late to the party aren't you? Also, there is no infringement on my rights. If this is an infringement is covering people who can't afford preventative care when they go to the emergency room infringing on my rights as well since I have to pay for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    -.- A little late to the party aren't you? Also, there is no infringement on my rights. If this is an infringement is covering people who can't afford preventative care when they go to the emergency room infringing on my rights as well since I have to pay for it?
    Well, considering I don't want to pay for it, and if I had a choice wouldn't be...

There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps I'm just stupid and don't get it, but really, what is wrong with being forced to have health insurance? Honestly if you need a surgery or something, without insurance, you'll be paying a LOT of money, with insurance, it will be different.

But sure, hey, if you want to pay 10 grand or more or want someone who CAN'T pay that much money to have to, then just, um, okay, wow.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

It's only a matter of time before the supreme court over turns the required coverage mandate. The Federal government doesn't have the authority to impose a fine or tax on a private citizen for not buying goods or services from another private citizen or business, regardless of reasoning.

you know that this kind of health care works in so many other countrys thats its just funny

im glad i live in a country where i dont have to fear to be in debt for the rest of my life just because i broke my arm or something like that

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FYI Im A Pizza View Post
    you know that this kind of health care works in so many other countrys thats its just funny

im glad i live in a country where i dont have to fear to be in debt for the rest of my life just because i broke my arm or something like that
    and I'm glad I live in a country where that decision is left up to me instead of assigning me that debt when I'm born and assuming I'm going to need it.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    and I'm glad I live in a country where that decision is left up to me instead of assigning me that debt when I'm born and assuming I'm going to need it.
    so you want people who cant afford health care because they might just not be as fortunate as you are to just die in the street?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    so you want people who cant afford health care because they might just not be as fortunate as you are to just die in the street?
    I can't afford health care, I make up for that by not being dumb as a stump and taking needless risks that will get me injured.

If you are seriously hurt a hospital is already required by law to help you.

I can't afford health care, I make up for that by not being dumb as a stump and taking needless risks that will get me injured.
    because you can predict and control everything thats ever going to happen to you?

If you are hurt a hospital is already required by law to help you.

and then you have to pay them back for the rest of your life thats a nice living

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhorn View Post
    If you are seriously hurt a hospital is already required by law to help you.
    And who do you think pays for that?

There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Perhaps I'm just stupid and don't get it, but really, what is wrong with being forced to have health insurance? Honestly if you need a surgery or something, without insurance, you'll be paying a LOT of money, with insurance, it will be different.

But sure, hey, if you want to pay 10 grand or more or want someone who CAN'T pay that much money to have to, then just, um, okay, wow.
    Thats the thing, if they don't have insurance they won't pay for emergency care the government will.

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 05:00 PM ----------

Are you kidding me? You can't control drunk drivers, you can't control if you get cancer, hell you can't even control if you'll get the flu.

reading this makes me happy i live in norway. almost free(you pay a small symbolic fee) for everyone.

what id like to see from people who are against this is to think of an alternative where everyone can get health insurance and you would be okay with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    Well first and foremost let me explain the bill in a sentence or two. The bill is designed to regulate the health insurance industry, not the health industry itself, in addition to that the bill will make it so all people must possess healthcare or face high fines.

There are two problems.

The first being the price of insurance will take a moderate price hike for a while but according to analysts (who ever they may be) the price will ultimately decline. Of course that isn't set in stone and that's the problem. With universal healthcare, in a sense, the health care system is opened up to a while new mass of people that it wasn't designed to accommodate.

The second problem is simple, infringement on our rights. The government is essentially forcing the people to purchase insurance, arguing its for the welfare of the nation. The problem is where should it stop, will the government seek to control fatty foods or pointless distractions such as casual TV or video games next?

--

In my opinion I think the bill should be swiftly declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court to put an end to this mass. Either provide free healthcare or go home Washington.
    Ever try to own or rent a property without homeowners or renters insurance these days, or drive a car without auto insurance? The government already does this sort of thing.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by svettleif View Post
    reading this makes me happy i live in norway. almost free(you pay a small symbolic fee) for everyone.
    Nothing in life is free. You pay more taxes than Americans do. If you personally aren't, other Norwegians are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Nothing in life is free. You pay more taxes than Americans do. If you personally aren't, other Norwegians are.
    Yet with their higher taxes, Norway is able to run a budget surplus, while we in the US are running a massive deficit with fewer services. Make no mistake. Our lower taxes aren't because we don't require as many services. We have lower taxes because we're allowing banks and other countries to pay our taxes for us (Treasury Bonds/National Debt).
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Thats the thing, if they don't have insurance they won't pay for emergency care the government will.
    Isn't the government in enough debt, as is?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    If states can force you to buy certain kinds of insurance, I don't see any reason the Fed can't. That doesn't mean I like it, but I think it's silly to be against one and not the other. They're not mandating what TYPE of health insurance you must have, only that you have to have it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.