Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Standard digital edition and deluxe edition sold out!

http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/digi...tion-sold-out/

https://buy.guildwars2.com/

Sorry! Guild Wars 2 is currently soldout.

To ensure the highest quality service we have temporarily limited the number of copies of Guild Wars 2.

As more capacity becomes available, we will make Guild Wars 2 available for sale again.

In the meantime, we encourage you to visit our retail partners , who may still have copies available.
    They did warn us lol

Deleted
    Yea i saw that one pretty cool that they sold so much that they have filled out their server capacity atm ^_^

I take this as a good thing personally, just glad I bought my copy early .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Yea i saw that one pretty cool that they sold so much that they have filled out their server capacity atm ^_^
    I think its pretty uncool.

Deleted
    Fuck my life....wtb i still need my gw2!

Yeah I was going to buy today (yay paycheck) and went and saw this. Pretty pissed actually, not really at them, just in general. I think it is EXTREMELY fishy that the most expensive version is still available, and they can still get into beta buying it...

Quote Originally Posted by Auguine View Post
    Yeah I was going to buy today (yay paycheck) and went and saw this. Pretty pissed actually, not really at them, just in general. I think it is EXTREMELY fishy that the most expensive version is still available, and they can still get into beta buying it...
    You can't purchase the CE through Anet. It was never available from their website and you've always had to buy it from a retailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Both are available now for purchase.
    It was up for a second, but it says sold out again.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    You can't purchase the CE through Anet. It was never available from their website and you've always had to buy it from a retailer.
    You still get into beta with it though, do you not? Forcing anyone that wants into beta 100% to buy your most expensive product is just shady in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    You still get into beta with it though, do you not? Forcing anyone that wants into beta 100% to buy your most expensive product is just shady in my opinion.
    I don't know what makes you think you're being forced to buy the CE...Any copy being pre-purchased gets you into beta.

This seems a lot like a very sneaky attempt to boost sales expectations, just because they say they've reached "capacity" doesnt mean 1.) they're actually not selling it 2.)it's at capacity

I dont trust companies anymore

It was up for a second, but it says sold out again.
    Yup, noticed that and was deleting my post but was quoted before I could At least the game is selling well, look forward to trying out this weekend.

I don't know what makes you think you're being forced to buy the CE...Any copy being pre-purchased gets you into beta.

Except you cannot pre-purchase any except the most expensive right now?

You can still pre-purchase the standard edition from their cooperating retail partners as well. So long as those partners aren't sold out as well. No one is forcing you to buy the CE. It is NOT the only available option from their retail partners.

you can still buy at like Best buy or such and still get into beta this weekend!

That's even if you find a store that has the CE copy. I know the 5 games stops I have in my area are all sold out and have been since last week of their CE. They do still have the basic copies though to pre purchase!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    And, on a more hostile sidenote that I can't put in a news post. Seriously, who the fuck takes mmowned as a reliable source to the point where news sites will just repost it without any double check? Now I'm sad, or mad, or both. I don't know. >
    Thanks Boub for this epic sig! lol.

Doesn't seem sneaky to me, they say that retail partners may have copies, ie any printed/remaining codes they have are still valid, just they wont generate any more until they are sure capacity is high enough.

This, assuming capacity wasn't previously something low like 100k is a great sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Systam View Post
    you can still buy at like Best buy or such and still get into beta this weekend!
    The nearest best buy to me is like...250 miles away lol! I do not think my wal-mart does preorders either

And do not get me wrong, I am not mad at arena net or anything. I just would A. Really prefer having the digital edition, and B. Really prefer not having to drive 250 miles to get a copy of a game preordered, then either have it shipped to me (Late) or have to drive 250 miles again to pick it up.

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 04:16 PM ----------

Can you preorder a digital copy at a retailer? Off to check

How do digital editions for any game get sold out. lol

Ah, I guess they don't have enough servers yet.
    Last edited by Spriggan; 2012-04-26 at 09:18 PM. Reason: :)
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Dear people wearing tinfoil hats, the only ones that have not sold out are the ones being sold at retail. Arenanet has no control over these as they are already out there, so they can't stop retailers selling them, and have probably already factored those copies into the limit they have imposed on the number they can sell for now. You can still buy the cheaper versions, just not directly from Arenanet.