10+ Year Old Account

Will Beta Characters be saved for the Officially Released Game?

A friend of mine told me that his friend got into Tera's beta, and that apparently what ever character they make during the beta, will be saved for them to play when the game officially releases. And so he asked me if its the same with GW2-- that what ever I make in this Beta, will be saved for the official game.

Since I didn't know the answer to that, I wonder if that's been confirmed by Arenanet, or if anyone think that's possible because I think that it'll be great regardless.

Thanks.

It won't be like that for GW2. Characters will be wiped.

Nope. There is a headstart for those who pre-purchase however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It won't be like that for GW2. Characters will be wiped.
    Thanks for always answering so quickly, grandpab lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Javey View Post
    A friend of mine told me that his friend got into Tera's beta, and that apparently what ever character they make during the beta, will be saved for them to play when the game officially releases. And so he asked me if its the same with GW2-- that what ever I make in this Beta, will be saved for the official game.

Since I didn't know the answer to that, I wonder if that's been confirmed by Arenanet, or if anyone think that's possible because I think that it'll be great regardless.

Thanks.
    Another reason Tera is such a terrable game. See what I did there?
    No, characters will be wiped for the beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I have never heard of that during any beta that I have been in ever and I have been in a lot of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    *Not sure if bashing Tera, or just being fun with the pun* ._.

Otherwise, don't bash other games :V

Tera was not the beta it was the free weekend they had this past weekend, not exactly beta though. Characters made then will still be up for a time period after launch. This is why for a period pre-orders were able to select their server and make a character name. Then the past weekend anyone could get on, make one character (per server I think) level to the mid 30s. Come early launch for pre-orders they can continue from there. Anyone after that can pick up come launch.

But beta testing wise those are gone.
    "A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my ANGER"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I have never heard of that during any beta that I have been in ever and I have been in a lot of them.
    Yeah, my friend is a bit unreliable so I thought that it probably wasn't true, since I never heard of a beta doing that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    No, please explain.

TERA's characters saving is part of their open beta event, a week before release. GW2 isn't at that point yet, but they might actually do the same thing right before the head-start - maybe. Who knows.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Im 100% sure they will wipe character, personally this is why I dont play betas, I can just about manage to level one character and grind achis on it, I can then do my alts, but theres no way in hell I can do my main once, hit 90, see it deleted then have to do the exact same thing again a few months down the line
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Im 100% sure they will wipe character, personally this is why I dont play betas, I can just about manage to level one character and grind achis on it, I can then do my alts, but theres no way in hell I can do my main once, hit 90, see it deleted then have to do the exact same thing again a few months down the line
    Ahem. Wrong game.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

10+ Year Old Account
    It's only happening in Tera because the open beta is supposedly very similar to the released version. I remember it being mentioned as something like a pre-release free trial.

I am actually quite happy that we can't carry characters into actual release. I would be trying to maximize efficiency if I were going to carry a character into actual release, but with a wipe I plane to try out a bunch of different classes and mess around with stuff.

Deleted
    I have a question, will the characters be transfered to the next weekend?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    While this is the wrong forums, this statement can be applied to all betas. This is also why I usually just mess around with characters I am curious about more, or I play a totally different race that what I plan my main to be. I still want some surprises after all. For example, though my main character will be a male Human Guardian, my beta toon might end up being a Necro or a Mesmer, probably both Norn since Sylvari are not in the game yet.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    *Not sure if bashing Tera, or just being fun with the pun* ._.

Otherwise, don't bash other games :V
    Don't be a backseat mod.

OT: Very rarely do betas allow you to keep your chars. Most that do are the Korean games. Those games never turn out to well.

Just think as the beta as your opportunity to get dirty and make mistakes, with no consequences whatsoever.