10+ Year Old Account

What are your pet peeves?

Now everyone has little things that annoy them, so what are yours?

1. People who can't maintain eye contact... For some reason I've always been good at keeping eye contact with people when I speak, but I hate it when people will look away from me when I'm talking to them... it just makes me feel awkward.

2. People who bitch CONSTANTLY. I mean I get it. We all have things we have to complain about once in awhile, but some people bitch on facebook/twitter like everyday. I mean really? How much drama do you have in your life.

3. Hypocrites. I was playing basketball with my friends and we were having a dunk contest. I jumped a little too late and got rim stuffed. Then 5 minutes later my friend says, "Well we were going to have a dunk contest, but some of us can't dunk." While the entire time he was looking at me. This coming from a guy who is like 5'6 and can barely even touch the rim. Needless to say I got annoyed really quickly.

4. Touchy people. Now I understand that sometime you want to put a hand on someone's shoulder or something, but I have a friend who touches me constantly. He hugs me and puts his hands on my shoulder. My main problem isn't that he touches me... my problem is that he hold me and won't let me go until I get a little more forceful about it. It drives me crazy.

5. People who talk, just to talk. Now I mean if you are telling me a joke or a story or something, by all means go ahead, but when you ask me the same question over, and over, and over just because neither of us said a word for like 20 seconds, then prepare for me to ignore you completely.

I have a lot more pet peeves, but I'll save those for later.

Deleted
    1) People who stuff their noses in other people's business that doesn't concern them.

2) Active people who try to help even though you didn't ask for it and they are actually making everything worse.

Can't really think about anything else, I like nearly everyone by default and always give second chances

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont have pet peeves....i have major psychotic fucking hatreds

blantant stupidity and arrogence are prolly top
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Honestly?

Text speak. (I'm 27 as well).

Deleted
    1.) Sadism (non-sexual)
    2.) Masochism (non-sexual)
    3.) The desire to be a master
    4.) The desire to be a serf
    5.) Lying and Disloyalty
    6.) Unnecessary Cruelty and Unkindness (Making an effort or point to be mean when it would be just as easy or even require less exertion to be nice/neutral.)
    7.) Apocalyptic Nihilism (on an internal personal and external global scale)
    8.) A seeming inability to experience Empathy in a large percent of people.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-04-26 at 11:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    One would have to be, Facebook posts by teenagers, text speech, and text writing. I have a lot more, but I could be here all day, so let's just say Humanity today.
    Last edited by Gottie4u; 2012-04-27 at 12:49 AM.
    "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints." --Billy Joel

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” --John Lennon

Among mine would have to be being blamed for something I didn't do. I can't stand telling the truth and having people think I am lying about it. Had this problem as a child every now and then, but it hasn't happened in a long while.

I also hate when people waste things for no reason. I try not to do it too often myself, but stuff like people throwing away food instead of saving it for later, or leaving lights on in rooms no one is in, or throwing away near full cans of soda or bottles of water.
    Last edited by Pan Pan; 2012-04-27 at 12:53 AM.

fatties
    people that drive slow in the fast lane and won't move over forcing me to undertake them
    over confidant douches(you know who you are)
    and a lot of others

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansTrolley View Post
    Honestly?

Text speak. (I'm 27 as well).
    This.

And people on the metro that burp/fart. On purpose.