Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb *New Feature* Core Abilities

This is something I just noticed, they added a new tab on the bottom of the spells and abilities page with one called Core Abilities. Which I noticed it's giving you the main abilities to use in your rotation. Thoughts? =]

This is my Arms Warrior btw.

*EDIT* In the upcoming Patch 15650, all classes except Monks Core Abilities will be added, so everyone won't be a warrior =]

Last edited by Yuuki Asuna; 2012-04-27 at 12:40 PM.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if srs but if it is that is sad. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind blizzard helping people learn but this is just overkill.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's real, I'm not trolling >.< this is a little sad but eh. Kinda 50/50 on it.

*Edit* After seeing most of everyone's replies, I'm actually changing my views towards this and liking it even more =]
    Last edited by Yuuki Asuna; 2012-04-25 at 03:51 PM.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Wouldn't say it's overkill.You dont have to use it if you're already pro right.

Deleted
    "We, at blizzard are well aware that you can be a total idiot, so we provide you this new 'super exciting(c)' feature"

... it just feels like that

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Hmm they should've implemented this before they started restricting abilities which they are in MoP. Ie: I still see a LOT of BM/Surv hunters using Steady Shot over Cobra, having this would prevent that, but now that they are moving a lot of abilities around... I don't really see the point... However, I have nothing against it... It will only come in handy if I were to roll a monk or play a spec on a char I've never played before.

EDIT: Also the ability notes are already in game, you can disable it however, but again it's a fine little pin pointer.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huddy View Post
    Wouldn't say it's overkill.You dont have to use it if you're already pro right.
    I am not saying it will affect me, just that it seems silly.

Deleted
    shouldn't rend be between those?

Anyway, it is nice to see blizzard is trying to help new gamers faster, since a good introduction/guide is important to not shoo away new players.
    And yes, blizz is catering to kids too. 12+ kids. don't be quick to judge it because most of you were also very young when you started.

Actually it kind of makes sense have you ever gone riffling through your spellbook looking for something you simply cant find there has been alot of complaining about how cluttered it is this just gives you an easy way to find your core abilities and kinda removes stuff from the spellbook.

Quote Originally Posted by hapylol View Post
    Not sure if srs but if it is that is sad. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind blizzard helping people learn but this is just overkill.
    What are you on about? It's overkill that it's in game now, and people don't have to Google their basic rotations? Clearly the end is near.

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    shouldn't rend be between those?

Anyway, it is nice to see blizzard is trying to help new gamers faster, since a good introduction/guide is important to not shoo away new players.
    And yes, blizz is catering to kids too. 12+ kids. don't be quick to judge it because most of you were also very young when you started.
    Warriors dont have rend in MoP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazza25784 View Post
    Actually it kind of makes sense have you ever gone riffling through your spellbook looking for something you simply cant find there has been alot of complaining about how cluttered it is this just gives you an easy way to find your core abilities and kinda removes stuff from the spellbook.
    This is very true, I'm still 50/50 on the idea but it's a good thing they didn't add any of the additional abilities to give you a burst. That would've been overkill =] But this is kind of helpful because on the Warrior forums last night, no one could figure out if Heroic Strike would replace Slam, but here it shows Slam is still in priority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by russykh View Post
    Lol, didn't know that ><

This seems.. I dunno. If any RPG gave me an ability set but then actually told me which ones to use, I'd raise an eyebrow.

I'd like to think that an important part of an RPG abilty toolkit is actually deciding which abilities to use, which is already somewhat lost in this game because of priority/rotation systems.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2012-04-25 at 01:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by russykh View Post
    iirc, we dont have a manual rend. The rend debuff is applied whenever we thunderclap.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

So instead of having to use the Internet to find things that are main abilities they have it in game. So for all you that learn things from say, elitist jerks, this is "basically" the same thing just in game. No need to be all upset about it, it's no different then googling.

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is, I was on my ele sham and had the exact same page from the warrior talents, didn't show me an ele page, thought was kinda funny

I don't see what anyone's issue with this is. calling it 'catering to casuals' or some BS. You pretty much either learned this while you where leveling, or just looked it up online yourself.

Can't wait to see Arcane mages one.

It will just be Arcane Blast