Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    Yea same - rather prevent the dmg happening than having the abillity to heal it up after it happened. Especially considering lags and unforseen boss mechanics - like LEB`s and corpse explosions in d2 (at least how they where ~10 years ago).
    Im thinking though, that you will be able to make a ton of irl money if you can get a good farming going on hc.
    Unless it changed, HC cant sell items for real money, only gold. /sadface

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...dgT!TZd!YYcZYZ

Was thinking of something along the lines of this for a Witch Doctor with zombie dogs / gargantuan, aoe dmg & slow etc
    Exactly my build for Hardcore. Guess WD incl. Gargantum will pwn. Hope this little cuty will keep alive for quite a while and not dying with like 10secs or after 1 wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Hempstar View Post
    Can we password our games to stop anybody joining in D3?
    You can set your games to Private, Friends Only, or Public.

I am terrible at D2 hardcore and I completely blame Duriel.

Hopefully I'll have better luck over time in D3.

Deleted
    Am I correct in thinking there is absolutely no difference between hardcore and softcore other then the dying penalty ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun-Ra View Post
    Unless it changed, HC cant sell items for real money, only gold. /sadface
    Arh wasnt aware of that - my first thought is that i like it tbh, makes hc a "clean" place, cant take your creditcard, only you and your toon allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Laddips View Post
    Am I correct in thinking there is absolutely no difference between hardcore and softcore other then the dying penalty ?
    If its like d2, that single difference will make it a whole other game.
    You play and plan different, the ingame community feels more tight, adrenalin is way higher - the risk/reward concept, essential for this type of game is really pushed to the extreme.

Deleted
    If its like d2, that single difference will make it a whole other game.
    You play and plan different, the ingame community feels more tight, adrenalin is way higher - the risk/reward concept, essential for this type of game is really pushed to the extreme.
    Ah thanks I didn't play D2

Quote Originally Posted by Laddips View Post
    At the moment HC characters don't have access to the RMAH. That's about the only difference, other than perma-death.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Here's a new quote from twitter for the hardcore people

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hi Jay, quick question: is Inferno mode designed to be beatable by an HC character?
    Not really, but please consider that as a challenge.
    Challenge accepted?
    I so, so, hope that this is true. I have to stop myself from believing it, just so I won't get disappointed, but beyond that, fingers crossed that it's true!

Yea same - rather prevent the dmg happening than having the abillity to heal it up after it happened. Especially considering lags and unforseen boss mechanics - like LEB`s and corpse explosions in d2 (at least how they where ~10 years ago).
    Im thinking though, that you will be able to make a ton of irl money if you can get a good farming going on hc.
    HC characters can't access the RMAH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I so, so, hope that this is true. I have to stop myself from believing it, just so I won't get disappointed, but beyond that, fingers crossed that it's true!
    They want people splattered all over the place. It would be silly to say Inferno was designed for HC. I'm definitely up to the challenge provided they haven't gone cheap and thrown in a bunch of cheesy auto-gib mechanics. I'm happy to see my HC baby die 60 levels in, but I want that death earned.

I'm also very glad RMAH is out for HC players. Its all the more reason for me to take the plunge. Right now what I'm really excited about is the ability to start a HC character before I've beaten the game. Going to make that first play through so much more memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsurgeon View Post
    They want people splattered all over the place. It would be silly to say Inferno was designed for HC. I'm definitely up to the challenge provided they haven't gone cheap and thrown in a bunch of cheesy auto-gib mechanics. I'm happy to see my HC baby die 60 levels in, but I want that death earned.

I'm also very glad RMAH is out for HC players. Its all the more reason for me to take the plunge. Right now what I'm really excited about is the ability to start a HC character before I've beaten the game. Going to make that first play through so much more memorable.
    Or so much shorter :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Yea, im considering doing a full playthrough on softcore at first, simply to enjoy the story and surprises in a relaxed manor. Very annoying, having to start all over if your toon dies just before some epic event. I think ill start a hc after finishing normal though.

Another thing. One thing i noticed after playing the beta weekend was how alive the toons felt, even more so than in heavy AD&D`s like Baldurs Gate .
    The characters felt more "larger than life" than most 3d games - not sure why, but maybe its because the game postulate that you command a pet character rather than you are the character and does it really convincing.
    Anyways, i think that will make it so much more difficult to lose a mid to highlvl character.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I'll be pleasantly surprised if a character built to not die(as opposed to your more common glass cannon variants) meets his digital maker in the first playthrough. Unless its because of a server issue. Which I will then use as fuel for my still burning hate of the always-online deal. I have a feeling I'ma die either in a farm run gearing up for nightmare or gearing up for hell, just in a groove and not paying attention. I'll whimper a little, maybe a light sob, and roll a softy. I'll grow bored with that by the 3rd act normal and be back to HC with a vengeance.

What sold me on the idea of rolling HC on my first character is being able to play the game completely unaware of what challenges are coming up next, since in diablo2 in order to play HC you had to beat the game once, so nothing was new, just more challenging. Im going to die of the thrilling joy of diving head first into new a unexplored world with bosses and foes the likes of which Ive never seen, and will test every ounce of my skill, determination, quick thinking, and proper counter attacking. And even a single slip up could result in a forever pit of shame, and defeat. Knowing nothing about what lies ahead, with everything youve worked for hanging on your skill alone, will eaily be one of the most memorable gaming experiences of my life. ( hopefully xD )

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Here's a new quote from twitter for the hardcore people

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hi Jay, quick question: is Inferno mode designed to be beatable by an HC character?
    Not really, but please consider that as a challenge.
    Challenge accepted?
    Challenge accepted

Be sure to have a backup keyboard on hand for when that one moment of not paying attention hits.