Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's the gold/cash ratio?

of course they r gonna put crazy shit like this. otherwise not many ppl will use the rmah to good effect.

Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy View Post
    of course they r gonna put crazy shit like this. otherwise not many ppl will use the rmah to good effect.
    The same thing existed in D2, except it was runes. Calculate the number of El runes required to make a very high level rune and you'd see similarly ridonculous numbers.

Deleted
    Do we know what kind of gems exist? Presumable it's more than one type.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    Do we know what kind of gems exist? Presumable it's more than one type.
    http://www.diablowiki.net/Gem#Diablo_III_Gems

1. Flawed
    2. Normal
    3. Flawless
    4. Perfect
    5. Radiant
    6. Square
    7. Flawless Square
    8. Perfect Square
    9. Radiant Square
    10. Star
    11. Flawless Star
    12. Perfect Star
    13. Radiant Star
    Although this list doesn't include "chipped", so I'm not sure if it's accurate.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-04-27 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Well stuff like this will definitely help gold not be "worthless", which is something a lot of people seem to worry about.

I guess it will depend whether higher level gems actually drop in the higher level difficulties that we won't know about yet.

There was a blue post about gold the other day though which mentioned stacks of 200-400 gold dropping off mobs.
    I remember Diablo 2, where at some point gold was pretty much worthless, except for constant repair bills in Hell difficulty. Or spending a LOT of gold trying to get a random piece of gear that almost always turned out to be useless...

I am happy that now we have some real incentives to getting gold. Crafting, while still retaining some of the randomness of the Diablo 2, appears to be much more oriented to getting good pieces of gear. I can also invest in super-epic gems. And, of course, there is the Auction House!

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The same thing existed in D2, except it was runes. Calculate the number of El runes required to make a very high level rune and you'd see similarly ridonculous numbers.
    i dont think any1 ever went to zod starting from el :P. but ya they had the extremely rare stuff in d2, thats why the selling of ingame items on sites were so rife.

People act like higher end gems won't fall in harder difficulties. You won't need to make all gems just from chipped ones...
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    It depends on deaths and repairs really I think. At some point you are going to be maxed out on crafting/stash, and you're going to have "good" gems in your gear, if not "the best ever in the game" (hopefully that takes a long time to get those!) and at that point it comes down to how often people die and how much repairs actually cost.
    Do you think the repair cost will be calculated depending on players lvl or the quality of gear? It makes sense to me that a chest piece that has 20 durability points will be cheaper to repair it than another that has 30 points. Again, Im just speculating so I'm asking you since, you know, you know stuff...
    Ridiculous this is... Yes, something very ridiculous is happening in here!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousa View Post
    Do you think the repair cost will be calculated depending on players lvl or the quality of gear? It makes sense to me that a chest piece that has 20 durability points will be cheaper to repair it than another that has 30 points. Again, Im just speculating so I'm asking you since, you know, you know stuff...
    Alas, I do not know the answer to that question... At a guess I'd say it'll be entirely based on the amount of points of durability that needed to be repaired; with higher level items having more durability and therefore it costs them more to repair to full (although they will last longer and be more effective, having higher armor values and the like), probably with a 10% drop in durability on death? Speculating though, I don't actually know exactly how the repair mechanics work.

Deleted
    and best is - lvl 14 gems are eye candys^^

you dont need them - i bet lvl 10 gems are enough to be good to play the game
    are higher gems expensive for you? fine than sell them and be rich

Rank 1-5 gems are normal gems. Rank 6 is nightmare and they keep scaling up into inferno. So it's easy to assume that in normal mode you can find Rank 1-5, and in nightmare, rank 6 gems will drop. It will probably scale with each difficulty so you won't have to collect 19k+ gems just to make a radiant star, that's just silly...
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    Rank 1-5 gems are normal gems. Rank 6 is nightmare and they keep scaling up into inferno. So it's easy to assume that in normal mode you can find Rank 1-5, and in nightmare, rank 6 gems will drop. It will probably scale with each difficulty so you won't have to collect 19k+ gems just to make a radiant star, that's just silly...
    I hope that's true, while i believe there should be a fairly rare gem 19k+ is bordering on a no life amount of farming :S
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    I hope that's true, while i believe there should be a fairly rare gem 19k+ is bordering on a no life amount of farming :S
    Just take a look on the D3 website. You can clearly see the level of gems and the level required for the Jeweler to make them. It only makes sense that they are able to drop in certain difficulties depending on their rank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    http://www.diablowiki.net/Gem#Diablo_III_Gems

1. Flawed
    2. Normal
    3. Flawless
    4. Perfect
    5. Radiant
    6. Square
    7. Flawless Square
    8. Perfect Square
    9. Radiant Square
    10. Star
    11. Flawless Star
    12. Perfect Star
    13. Radiant Star
    Although this list doesn't include "chipped", so I'm not sure if it's accurate.
    Chipped comes before flawed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if there are gold drops of 4000 all over the place you would need to find that 10,000 times.

I'm pretty sure on D2 harder modes those types of gems drop from bosses. pretty much confident they will from D3 bosses as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grassfarmer View Post
    Even if there are gold drops of 4000 all over the place you would need to find that 10,000 times.
    Killing 10,000 mobs is nothing. I was a Lineage 2 player!
    Ridiculous this is... Yes, something very ridiculous is happening in here!

Quote Originally Posted by Grassfarmer View Post
    You act like 10,000 mobs is a lot. I killed over 10,000 just over the open beta weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Well... yea if you went exclusively from el to zod you would see far more ridiculous numbers
    14,281,868,906,496 to be exact

only roughly 357,000 times the amount of gold needed here.