1. #1

    Beta weekend question

    Hi guys!

    Does anyone know when the Beta Will open in EU, more specific in GMT time?
    I've tried to find out myself, but i couldent find anything with my current Internett and my phone :|

    Any help would be awesome <3

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnara View Post
    Hi guys!

    Does anyone know when the Beta Will open in EU, more specific in GMT time?
    I've tried to find out myself, but i couldent find anything with my current Internett and my phone :|

    Any help would be awesome <3
    There's a timer on the GW2 website, which will be accurate as long as your system time is set to the correct timezone and the time is correct on it.
    http://www.guildwars2.com/en/

  3. #3
    Thanks alot!

    Facepalm for not checking The most obvious place ._.
    and a Internett cookie for you :>

  4. #4
    I have another question, when will we be able to download the client? or are we going to need to wait till the event starts and then download a sizeable download before we can play, since i have pretty slow internet (Australia's internet is abysmal) it may take a good chunk of time depending how big it is?
    has anyone gotten the email to download it yet?
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by shocktopuslol View Post
    I have another question, when will we be able to download the client? or are we going to need to wait till the event starts and then download a sizeable download before we can play, since i have pretty slow internet (Australia's internet is abysmal) it may take a good chunk of time depending how big it is?
    has anyone gotten the email to download it yet?
    Client has been available for days.
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum > News and Announcements

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by shocktopuslol View Post
    I have another question, when will we be able to download the client? or are we going to need to wait till the event starts and then download a sizeable download before we can play, since i have pretty slow internet (Australia's internet is abysmal) it may take a good chunk of time depending how big it is?
    has anyone gotten the email to download it yet?
    cloudfront.guildwars2.com/client/Gw2.exe That is the official download link, its also stickied on the GW2 board, you must have missed Have fun! Ive on 1mb/s download (somehow??? my speedest is 70mbdown 50mbup)

  7. #7
    ok i found the client, but i still haven't received an email confirming that im in, but it may just be a little slow to send (i did pre purchase and i still have receipt in my inbox).
    if i dont receive this will i still be able to log in.
    also 1 mbps is decent, mine is measuered in kbps (has ground to a complete halt right now for some reason).
    oh well should be downloaded before the event starts.
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Octohoof View Post
    cloudfront.guildwars2.com/client/Gw2.exe That is the official download link, its also stickied on the GW2 board, you must have missed Have fun! Ive on 1mb/s download (somehow??? my speedest is 70mbdown 50mbup)
    Your actual rate is probably significantly higher than what the onscrean indicator reads. Watch how fast the total downloaded is climbing to get a better idea of your true speed. Mine read .5mb/s while a quick stopwatch test was closer to 1.5mb/s

    Who is John Galt?

  9. #9
    Indeed, the on screen number is only your download speed from 1/3 to 5 sources, so your download is like 3-5x faster than it says.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnara View Post
    Hi guys!

    Does anyone know when the Beta Will open in EU, more specific in GMT time?
    I've tried to find out myself, but i couldent find anything with my current Internett and my phone :|

    Any help would be awesome <3
    I read somewhere 9 AM CET, so it should be... well, 20min ago?

  11. #11
    GO TO THE GW2 SITE. THERE IS A COUNTDOWN CLOCK. OR CLICK STICKIES THAT TELL YOU THIS.

    You have just under 12 hours.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I read somewhere 9 AM CET, so it should be... well, 20min ago?
    12 hours from 20 minutes ago

  13. #13

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    12 hours from 20 minutes ago
    Must have been 9PM then that I read :P
    Too bad, was looking forward to have some streams up while studying =(

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •