Some questions regarding gearing and 4set bonus

Hello. I play a warlock in PvE, and I've played destro for a long time in PvE. But I've seen on logs that affliction can do more damage and is more friendly to moving and still not lose damage. Aswell the 4 set bonus aint that strong for affliction.

My question is, should I use the gloves from spine HC AND the HC morchok shoudlers and go with only 3 set pieces (helmut, legs and chest), or shall I use the shoulders OR gloves as set breaker and roll with 4set bonus.

Also, how should I balance my stats as affliction?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Dreoras/simple
    Armory for those interrested.

Thanks

Hello , you really think that the bonus isn't that strong for affliction? actually, the spec that benefit the most out of it is affliction. So you should use the glove of the HC spine and the 4 set for the bonus ( so the soulder set piece ). When you use soulburn, you have 10sec of 10% bonus spell, and 15sec of soulburn. So you hit soulburn, you continue your rotation and when the buff fade, you have 5 seconds to cast your instant soul fire to regain your soul shard. Don't forget to summon your doomguard while the buff is active.

For your stats, it's as you wish between crit and hast once you reached 2589 haste rating. All i can say is go for 1742 hit first. After that, i prefer going for crit rating and staying at ~2600 haste. There is one fight where i go for ~2990 haste rating, it's for madness HC to have 59% haste for the next tick of corruption ( with the multi dotting it's win ) .

10+ Year Old Account
    Kornoth isn't completely right. All three specs benefit from the 4pc, but destro is the spec that benefits the most.

An instant Soulfire to keep up the ISF buff is extremely helpful.

Do use your H shoulders and go with the tier gloves, no matter what spec you decide to play.

He got the 416 glove and you tell him to go with the tier gloves? lol.
    I said affliction benefit the most from a damage perspective, the output 10% spell bonus is more important with all the dots and the few nukes than an all nukes like destro. For utility destro have a great advantage from this.

The set bonus is roughly a 1300 DPS increase in best in slot gear as Destruction. You will gain more damage by keeping the 4 set.

No chance Morchok shoulders is better than tier shoulders in this situation. Napkin math for Affliction:

Simcraft has the T13 4PC worth 750 DPS over having just T13 2PC, while in T12H ilvl gear. This is 2.2% of DPS. Your change in secondary stats after reforging, if you switch to Morchok shoulders from tier shoulders:
    +127 haste, +59 crit, -161 mastery.

Affliction BIS scale factors look like this: Crit - 2.1491, Haste - 2.3177, Mastery - 1.6210

Multiplying everything: +327 DPS from secondary stats, which is < 1% of DPS.

Our Tier bonus kinda suck..