Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[MoP] Ursol's Vortex Nerf

Ursol's Vortex CD nerfed from 30 seconds to 60 seconds.

While UV was too strong - increasing the CD is realllllly annoying - I'd prefer some other sort of nerf.

Thoughts?

I didnt know Beta is over.
    You are evil like...a hobbit!

If its a druid nerf i support it

OT: that spell is broken, if you actually thought a mass Slow + Grip CC will stay 30 secs ?
    Last edited by ButterToast; 2012-04-27 at 09:45 AM.
    "Next-Gen" is only a marketing label and not an actual advancement in the Graphics side of games, so quit fooling yourself.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterToast View Post
    If its a druid nerf i support it

OT: that spell is broken, if you actually thought a mass Slow + Grip CC will stay 30 secs ?
    I'll have to agree, Druids are quite fine if you ask me.

15+ Year Old Account
    @Sepyshfan
    beta is also for blizzard to see how the player base reacts to things and what they like, so beta is the good moment to QQ about things

i gues the duration of it could have been cut in half instead of a higher cooldown
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    It was a bit too powerful, and I agree with the change to the cd.

That being said, now if they could start looking at all the talents that are either bad or completely useless, that would be nice. And once again, two tiers of cc talents is ridiculous, especially when half of those cc were base abilities that they removed to put them as talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    @Sepyshfan
    beta is also for blizzard to see how the player base reacts to things and what they like, so beta is the good moment to QQ about things

i gues the duration of it could have been cut in half instead of a higher cooldown
    And i didnt know these are the Blizzard forums..
    You are evil like...a hobbit!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepyshfan View Post
    well now yu know, they have hidden community workers reading & posting on all of the populair sites such as mmo-champ and wowhead, and even employees that are @home in the evening that read these in thier free time and they cna bring that info whit them to blizzard
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Yes but here you can discuss, expand and gather facts and opinions before posting a good feedback in Official forums without going through the stage of trolls and kids of said forums.

50% uptime was too much before...but now it may be a bit too weak. 15 secs with a 60 sec CD or maybe 10 sec with a 45 sec CD would have been more appropriate changes imo, but who knows it may end up there in later builds.

Deleted
    Lower Cd; smaller radius, less effective slow, slow only active before/after, something like that.

If you've played around on the beta with UV, it's apparent pretty quickly it would receive a nerf at some point for PvP purposes.

For PvE purposes, likely kiting adds, it might put us slightly behind other classes, but the biggest boon is our AoE CC has no resource cost. Now if you can line up UV, Typhoon, and/or Force of Nature (at least from a Guardian perspective), we may still be able to have a non-stop kiting ability (albeit we have to use at least 3 separate talents to accomplish this, possibly more plus additional spells). I'd honestly not mind a Glyph for UV to reduce the cooldown/duration at the expense of removing the auto-grip function if you stray too far from it.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    It is stupidly strong and will still be great for pvp so dont expect it to be the last nerf it gets hit by. 30sec is a really short cooldown i wouldnt be surprised if it ends up 2min.

I didnt know Beta is over.
    i didnt know he was talking about beta being over. i thoughthe was talking about the present nerf of uv. /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    It is stupidly strong and will still be great for pvp so dont expect it to be the last nerf it gets hit by. 30sec is a really short cooldown i wouldnt be surprised if it ends up 2min.
    The suspected change would increase the cooldown to 1min and reduce its duration to 10 seconds, bringing the CD/duration in line with other similar abilities.

The only thing that makes it strong is the auto-grip function in conjunction with the AoE slow. Remove the auto-grip function, and you have a weak version of Ice Trap on a longer CD and shorter duration. Using UV in conjunction with other abilities (many possessed by other classes) is what makes it "stupidly strong." Think about it: UV by itself only directly threats melee from getting to their targets or keeps people within a certain area, either way UV by itself doesn't scream "I need to get out of this now!". Now add something like Solar Beam or Remorseless Winter in the same area as UV... suddenly that auto-grip and slow function affects both melee and casters in very deadly ways.

I'm not really concerned about the PvP ramifications with the adjusted CD/duration, it needed it honestly. I'm slightly concerned about the PvE aspect of the changes, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, a glyph could easily fix it if Blizz decided to go that route.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Needed the CD nerf, not sure about duration though, 10 seconds doesnt seem that long considering it just grips back once anyway

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    a glyph could easily fix it if Blizz decided to go that route.
    This phrase get's thrown out a lot lately. There's a limited amount of glyph slots, we cannot have each of them adressed to fix a "PvE vs. PvP" balancing issue. It's nice to be done occasionally, but given the current layout of our talent tree (i.e. it basically has written "I'm here to fix all of your class' PvP shortcomings, because it couldn't be done on a class/spec level" all over) we wouldn't have room for normal glyphs anymore. That is, those spell altering/improving and QoL type of glyphs.

We wouldn't have this problem, if the current PvP issues would be adressed on a spec level (or alternatively: we wouldn't have that many "High PvP utility"-spells in our tree). Given that any PvP talent would have to be balanced with four fundamentaly different specs/classes in mind - they obviously will not choose it to be usefull for all specs (risking to being borderline OP for at least one), but rather for a talent to be useful to at least one spec (risk of it being useless for the remaining three) - having a heavily CC/mobility (most severe forms of utility w.r.t. PvP) in the talent tree seems like an incredible shortsighted move on blizzards part.

Cooldown increase yes, duration reduction, no. One or the other would have been fine but not both. A little too harsh imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that both nerfs were too much. Only 1 was needed.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baller1308 View Post
    Cooldown increase yes, duration reduction, no. One or the other would have been fine but not both. A little too harsh imo.
    Going from 50% max uptime to ~17% does seem a bit harsh, but it's in line with Blizzard's usual beta patch methodology: nerf heavily ("to the ground, baby!") then bring back up a bit before live release. Find a happy medium while also (whether intentionally or not) making the player base happy that you didn't nerf them as much in the end as they were afraid you were going to.

I'd wager that its duration will be increased to 12 seconds (retaining the 60s CD) before 5.0.1. That's a 20% uptime.