Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #101
    Bloodsail Admiral kosuko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kirchroah (Netherlands)
    Posts
    1,087
    Talking about green fire..
    I'd just like to mention that the beta chaos bolt looks pretty awesome! Especially if you shoot 2 from 40 yards distance using havoc

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    Talking about green fire..
    I'd just like to mention that the beta chaos bolt looks pretty awesome! Especially if you shoot 2 from 40 yards distance using havoc
    I think it looks good, but I think the aesthetic of soul fire suited destruction better.

  3. #103
    Dreadlord Forgottenone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Raven Hill, Duskwood
    Posts
    958
    Correction, there are mobs in Black Temple which use a green fire Hellfire and Rain of fire and there is a low level NPC in Durotar who uses a green Immolate. All that is really left is to find a mob that casts a green incinerate and we will have everything needed no? Spells that are already in-game

    EDIT

    Glyph of Shadow Bolt
    Splits your Shadow Bolt into three smaller attacks.

    People said that the reason they were able to do this was due to the spell already being in-game. Ok fair enough, however there are currently in-game spells of a green hellfire, rain of fire and immolate. As I said I am not sure there is a green incinerate in-game used by an npc but the fact remains that the other spells are all in-game. Maybe a glyph to turn out aoe green or something along the lines? Hell make a glyph that changes the spell effect of incinerate to a fel (green) fireball. Basically it is a trade off for now, let us have green fire but at the expense of losing a unique spell (Incinerate).
    Last edited by Forgottenone; 2012-04-30 at 08:13 AM.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Correction, there are mobs in Black Temple which use a green fire Hellfire and Rain of fire and there is a low level NPC in Durotar who uses a green Immolate. All that is really left is to find a mob that casts a green incinerate and we will have everything needed no? Spells that are already in-game

    EDIT

    Glyph of Shadow Bolt
    Splits your Shadow Bolt into three smaller attacks.

    People said that the reason they were able to do this was due to the spell already being in-game. Ok fair enough, however there are currently in-game spells of a green hellfire, rain of fire and immolate. As I said I am not sure there is a green incinerate in-game used by an npc but the fact remains that the other spells are all in-game. Maybe a glyph to turn out aoe green or something along the lines? Hell make a glyph that changes the spell effect of incinerate to a fel (green) fireball. Basically it is a trade off for now, let us have green fire but at the expense of losing a unique spell (Incinerate).
    I'm quite sure there is a mob with a Green Incinerate spell. However, as has been said countless times; changing 1 spell is one thing, changing multiple spells and how they interact with each other is quite another. As is having everyones different fire spells being shown differently. Even if that was as easy as some claim (although it's quite clearly been shown why it's not), Blizzard have said they want to make it a bigger deal than a Glyph swap and they want to make it a commitment, which in turn requires further work again. Blizzard aren't into wasting time with 'interim tradeoffs', there's no point in blocking the schedule up with them when the time is better invested in getting the real deal out sooner.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Slothanator View Post
    Its not that hard just do the swap yourself with a mini patch thing. Players do it easily blizzard could do it easily

    actually it is a lot harder for blizz. see when you do it, you are changing which file it references, and thus everybodies fire is changed. blizz woudl make it so only your fire woudl be changed. that requires a lot more work, new spells, the works
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.

  6. #106
    How is a banish red? You mean the fog that is around the target? That's pretty weak.
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    You do realise that even if there was a thousand posts asking for it (theres no even that many), thats still a tiny, tiny portion of the overall population.

    I see this a lot. A handful of the 'vocal minority' petition for something over and over, and everyone just assumes they represent the silent majority.
    cept it really isn't a huge minority, I'm not even sure if it is a minority, you are assuming that you represent the silent majority that aren't speaking against green fire, how do you know you aren't the minority? and sides, ti isn't like blizz woudl be changing all the spells. that woudl be easy for them, blizz woudl be adding the option for you to change it if you wanted to. as such, those who are against it, wouldn't have to. With that though comes a lot more difficulty

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 03:18 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by FattyXP View Post
    It would seem this is as easy as replacing a model with another model or sprite (or however they draw spell effects) I mean we can already glyph polymorph into a bunch of different things so obviously its easy to do.
    That is a completely different thing. both banish and polymorph simply change the model that the npc is being changed too. the spell is a new spell, not model, that for proc reasons woudl have to be treated jsut like the other spell. keeping it the same spell but having it change the color reference(tired can't remember the term they used for that...grafting?) is something that they can't do atm with the technology, if they could, that woudl be an easy fix for it

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 03:23 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Meillassoux View Post
    Seriously be happy with your changes."A lame minor glyph for Banish" you say?They've changed everything about Warlocks in MoP and they still do.Almost every spell has a new visual even minor spells that most players wouldn't give a damn about.All your talents are great, you have new demons and you even have the option to sacrifice them in case you like playing solo.You got new lore and totally fresh mechanics in all your speccs (that have animations) and you'll probably get your flames soon too but all I see is Warlocks still not being happy...

    "Joke... Good joke Blizz.. First tease us with green fire and tanking possibility. After people got hyped about it - remove it/dismiss the idea...
    And now give use the lamiest minors you can ever imagine.."??Want to see a lame minor?Glyph of Armors or Glyph of Ritual of Refreshment are LAME! Glyph of Crimson Banish isn't, it's actually a nice aesthetic CHOICE!And not being able to tank isn't lame when you get Dark Apotheosis and all the other changes Demonology has been though.I understand you want to have green fire and that is justified but you'll get them till the end of beta and you know it deep inside so stop complaining.

    This is your expansion as Blizzard mentioned and doesn't fail to prove with every new beta build.Would you prefer green fire instead of all these changes you've got then?Relax and enjoy it since it's rare for Blizzard to make so many drastic improvements or in your case total transformation.
    have you seen the minors we have been given previously? of all the classes I've played, locks were the most useless and pointless. I like it, and just cause a couple people complain, don't assume the entire community is, that is just being naive

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 03:26 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Meillassoux View Post
    Hmmm lets see.When do Mages need the table?When they want to share their food.When do they need to share their food?When there are people around them.What do you do when you need food only for yourself?You create food not a table that still needs reagent I may add.Hmmm nope I still find it useless in every occasion while you can't deny that there are people that may actually prefer a red banish.

    And Coil Blizzard mentioned that they want Warlocks to have the most changes.It's because only few play with the class on live.
    people there or not, peopel are still idiots and don't click portals. not needing them woudl be soooo freaking nice. I mean, I only need soulwell when there are people, otherwise I jsut make one healthstone, I still wish I coudl cast it without assistance. and banish may be cool, but really it has such a minor niche, it was onyl a viable expansion in BC(demons) and somewhat cata(elementals) but it didn't even get used much in cata cept in VP. unless the mogu are considered elementals or demons, I don't see getting a whole lot of use out of that banish effect.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 03:27 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Meillassoux View Post
    I believe, hope and maybe wish this is a joke ^_^
    idk, I never use food or drink on my lock...

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 03:31 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Reolac View Post
    I don't even want Green Fire.

    I'm just getting rather annoyed about their reasoning for not implementing it; which is completely false.
    I'm glad you see it as false. tell me, what experience do you have in this field? are you a programmer? no? or even yes, ever designed this complex of a game? Just because they can do it with a single model change, doesn't mean they can do it with multiple spell effect changes

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 03:32 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    They did say we get green spells through a quest. stop being a douche and look for posts before posting. they giving us lots of cool stuff through glyphs and whatnot. Finally blizzard doing things they should have done ages ago yet people complain...
    no, they said IF we get it, we get it through quest, then they said it was a high possibility, then they yanked it out.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 03:33 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokiron View Post
    If they do add green fire I hope it's optional. I like my red fire just fine.
    it will be, that is why it is so hard to implement. permanently changing the spells for everyone woudl be easy

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 03:41 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellixen View Post
    First off I know absolutely nothing about their engine, how coding works ect... However, new technology, unless they mean new compared to what they have is total bs, look at games such as champions and city of heroes where you can actively changes the colors of any of your powers at will. That's been around for a couple years already.

    Once again though, I know nothing about the coding or if the modified WC3 engine can even have that function added.
    You see the problem with that logic is that champions and city of heroes isn't built around technology that is 8 years old, wow is. They coudl probably take it down for a week or two, and have the newest everything, and be able to do what they wanted, but they can't do that, so they have to go with minor upgrades on tuesdays, and even that is limited. Sure they can add in the new stuff, but they are limited with how that new stuff talks to the old stuff. when they finally have all the enw stuff in, it is still coded with the limitations set from having the old stuff in. changing all that coudl cause some major bugs, so they limit that to expansions. hence why they were messing with the idea of green fire.

    One solution coudl be to create a new server completely, and try it on there before implementing it. but they'd have to do that for like every server, and it is impractical with the shear number of servers they have.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 03:43 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Darnassian View Post
    You don't need green fire, no one plays warlocks, stop whining
    so I'm nobody? since nobody's perfect, I'm perfect? why, thank you!

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 03:53 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadence View Post
    I think the point is being missed here. Its not the fact that Banish is an easy spell to change, its not that green fire would take extra time and memory to change, its that green fire was finally given an actual acknowledgement by a Blue, and even though it was knocked down by GC, there is still hope its gonna be implemented sometime. But now, Blizzard gives us a glyph for red banish.
    Now, let me think about that, when have we EVER asked about banish other then maybe its spell use, we never cared how it looked or its color, the fact that Blizzard took time to make this glyph is just a giant slap in the face to people who wanted green fire. That's all it really is "Hey we can change the spells, but you know, not what you want" and I have read some of the posts here, apparently Banish is easier to change, but you know, why did they even change it?
    because the banish change is literally like 30 seconds? that change was extremely simple comparatively, and they had to have some glyph to take the place of glyph of soul link

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 03:55 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lazerphoenix View Post
    So they have shown that they can change the red Verdant Spheres to green with one glyph, isnt it only pretty much only Incinerate and Rain of Fire that we want changed to green? (Chaos + Fel flame already green, Conflag is hardly visable), maybe Immolate too. That's just one more spell to change than they have "proved" that they can already change.
    RoF, hellfire, soulfire, incinerate, immolate. perhaps immolation aura. that right there is 5 or 6, which is quite a bit

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 03:59 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    Why they cant just make a 'copy' of Incinerate and Rain of Fire, change the copy's color, and make a glyph or any other switch (like the dam Codex of Xerath) that swap the spells?

    They do this all the time when you change spec, through glyphs that swap your spells (aka corruption/Doom), even when you use Meta you have spells beeing swaped...

    I cant believe there's a real difficulty to change 2 spells (Inci and Rain)... And it seems that there are already a version of green Rain of fire in the game for some NPCs...

    The effect caused by Incinerate on the targets is the same for every target...

    I really cant buy this one of 'we dont have the tecnology to do that right now'...


    YOU ARE BLIZZARD!!!11 if you dont have, then who? The Dharma Iniciative?!?


    loled
    because there are more than 2 spells. pretty sure all glyphs at this point affect one spell tops. I can't think of any spells swapping when you use meta.... like none of them change spells, your keybindings change, but that is completely different.

    have the technology, probably, it jsut isn't implemented. installing new hardware on systems that are up nearly 24/7 is really rough, especially sicne they can't afford to have something not talk with something else, or cause issues
    Last edited by Joodoc; 2012-04-30 at 09:21 AM.
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.

  8. #108
    Joodoc

    Hah that was a long post. I agree on most of what you say so I'll just answer to the ones directed to me. First of all I didn't mention anything about the whole community, I spoke for the people that can't appreciate what they are given. If you don't belong in this group then my post doesn't have to do anything with you. About the table thing. I make tables in order to give others my drinks. If they don't click they won't have drinks, simple as that, their problem not mine. It's a waste of glyph slot. The same applies to Healthstone. Do you actually believe that someone without enough IQ to simply click your portal will use the Healthstone when needed? Last but not least I know Warlocks don't drink but that doesn't mean you don't know what a drink is.... but because there is a very slim chance that's actually the case for someone I answered by posting what the spell does at first.
    Last edited by Meillassoux; 2012-04-30 at 02:57 PM.

  9. #109
    Blizz just likes to troll warlocks.
    Last edited by Lemons; 2012-04-30 at 11:15 AM.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Meillassoux View Post
    Last but not least I know Warlocks don't drink but that doesn't mean you don't know what a drink is.... but because there is a very slim chance that's actually the case for someone I answered by posting what the spell does at first.
    we also don't eat.

    but really, what's this drink thing you're talking about?

    just kidding
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  11. #111
    I would have never guessed that people love green color this much more than yellow/red. It's like listening to women who follow fashion and the latest trends.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by 6kle View Post
    I would have never guessed that people love green color this much more than yellow/red. It's like listening to women who follow fashion and the latest trends.
    Its like listening to people that care about lore and want to be and look like what they are meant to.

  13. #113
    Mechagnome darkminaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cambodia
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Does it really EFFING MATTER!?

    Who cares, seriously!? I dont ever see frost mages asking for red spells or shadow asking for yellow spells...

    Incinerate = fire
    Hand of guldan = fire
    soul fire = fire

    I dont see no green fire written in those spells.
    SOUL <-- Fire
    aka fire the soul away so it would be purple
    well i don't see green for demo, but for destru i would love green or darkblue (like napalm) since fire is hot but napalm is hotter and burns more. But hey i'm happy with all glowi stuff that i get but the glyphe still sucks, banish when did i use that spell last time, bot probably ^^

  14. #114
    i imagine the guy had a nice trollface when he pitched this idea....
    "Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside."

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Its like listening to people that care about lore and want to be and look like what they are meant to.
    Actually would green fire not mean warlocks were corrupted by the very powers they were using ?
    There is a reason why those with the readily accessible green fire are those trying to kill us.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Actually would green fire not mean warlocks were corrupted by the very powers they were using ?
    There is a reason why those with the readily accessible green fire are those trying to kill us.
    no, it would just mean that we somehow had the brilliant idea to use fel flames in other spells besides... fel flame
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  17. #117
    Jesus what do you warlocks have with green fire, is it some sort of aphrodisiac.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    we also don't eat.

    but really, what's this drink thing you're talking about?

    just kidding
    Too bad, I make the best cakes!! But you don't eat... oh well no table for you! ^_^ "great they're all mine now!"

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Actually would green fire not mean warlocks were corrupted by the very powers they were using ?
    There is a reason why those with the readily accessible green fire are those trying to kill us.
    And since when are Warlocks the ones going for the steady and middle path? As we grow stronger, we delve deeper into otherworldly magic and flames (purple,green) and yes even if you look at it in a lore POV, there is no chance of us not having these flames as we get closer to the source of it (possible twisting nether xpacs).

  20. #120

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •