Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    As a Shaman - how would you feel if Blizz added Shaman tanking (something that AFAIK Shaman community is asking for) and then scrapped it, after putting a lot of thoughts and work into it? A lot of Shammies would feel bad.
    I once suggested a tank-like earth ascendent form on the official shaman forums. they almost ran after me with torches and pitchforks in hands.

believe me, the shaman community I know will kick you in the nuts if you mention shaman tanking, something I'd love (but not as much as I'd love warlock tanking)
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Okay, people here are missing a big picture here and the distinction between spell effects and model changes. Banish is not a spell effect, but a change to the model of the character it is cast on just like polymorph. The framework for this has been in the game for a very long time (hence you can change in a furbolg or iron dwarf and still do your thing).
    However to make visual changes to the spells they would either would overwrite the red fire(which according to this thread lot of people don't want) or they would have to make a new spell but with a different spell effect. Out of a programming point of view this isn't a smart way to accomplish that as it only bloats the the database and make room for more bugs. What Blizzard intends to do is build a framework to allow to change the visual effect, but just keep it one spell, just as it works now for models and make it so it becomes a choice of the player. This stretches further than just the warlock class and having a stable system behind this is the smarter solution than just a band-aid solution just to get some impatient people get their green fire and introducing possible problems in the process.
    Just be patient, you'll get your green fire some day. Heck maybe mages will be able too turn several spells into frostfire too (just an example).
    Last edited by mmoc2ee7b7fc27; 2012-04-28 at 12:22 AM.

Even if they have the ability to display Green Fire now, we won't be getting it until the questline is done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor20k View Post
    they never said they couldn't do it. they said they would need to implement new technology into the engine for it to work.
    which is bullshit because mods exist that can do it
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I think the point is being missed here. Its not the fact that Banish is an easy spell to change, its not that green fire would take extra time and memory to change, its that green fire was finally given an actual acknowledgement by a Blue, and even though it was knocked down by GC, there is still hope its gonna be implemented sometime. But now, Blizzard gives us a glyph for red banish.
    Now, let me think about that, when have we EVER asked about banish other then maybe its spell use, we never cared how it looked or its color, the fact that Blizzard took time to make this glyph is just a giant slap in the face to people who wanted green fire. That's all it really is "Hey we can change the spells, but you know, not what you want" and I have read some of the posts here, apparently Banish is easier to change, but you know, why did they even change it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    which is bullshit because mods exist that can do it
    Mods replace the files of a spell, they don't allow a quick easy way to switch what graphics of a spell people see in game. It's not the same thing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    You do realise that even if there was a thousand posts asking for it (theres no even that many), thats still a tiny, tiny portion of the overall population.

I see this a lot. A handful of the 'vocal minority' petition for something over and over, and everyone just assumes they represent the silent majority.
    This. Guess I'm the silent majority, I never ever spoke up until now I believe. I do not want or need green fire and I'm tired of people thinking "all warlocks" are whining for it. Honestly, aren't there way bigger concerns to worry about?

10+ Year Old Account

: /

So they have shown that they can change the red Verdant Spheres to green with one glyph, isnt it only pretty much only Incinerate and Rain of Fire that we want changed to green? (Chaos + Fel flame already green, Conflag is hardly visable), maybe Immolate too. That's just one more spell to change than they have "proved" that they can already change.

Quote Originally Posted by Groteskas View Post
    The color of the fire depends on what is burning, there is no difference between green/blue/red fire it is just fire.
    well... technically different fire colors mean different temperatures (or burning components, copper would give a green fire)... so fire isnt just fire, the sun is white for example due to being so hot.

Yeah copper gives green flames but I don`t think blizzard developers had that in mind when they opted for green color for fel magic. What probably happened is that they chose green as reference to a food that has gone bad, as fel magic is magic "that has gone bad".

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    There are mobs in Black Temple which use a GREEN Rain of Fire and a GREEN Hellfire. How would would it be to take the spell abilities of those and give them to warlocks :3
    I'd love to see Destro get the Rain of Chaos that the clones in ICC use. Would be fitting since Destro is using Chaos Bolt instead of Soul Fire now.

Also, why does every Warlock thread devolve into arguing, generally over opinions that are being presented as facts.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

This is such a crappy glyph xD They must be able to think of something more imaginative than this, surely? I don't even use the spell xD

But I do understand that there is probably some core programming differentiation between changing our fire color and changing the color of banish. Otherwise they would be giving us green fire xD

I'm annoyed at the mauve/rainbow fire tome they put in though, seems like they're actually taking the piss out of us :S

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue isn't even green fire anymore. Sure it would be nice, but no one is losing any sleep over it.

It's that Blizzard is taking it and rubbing it in our faces like a petulant child, for no discernable reason. Like "Hey, you know that thing you've been asking for for years but we never bothered to implement? Well here it is! Oh, but you can't have it though. Neener neener neener!"

Not to mention, that by saying that "When we do it, we want it to be a big thing" with a class quest and all, they've effectively given themselves the excuse to NEVER implement it. The entire reason we don't have class quests anymore is because they said they were too resource-heavy to develop. Did anyone ever ask for a class quest to get it? They just want the bloody effect, Blizzard. Now it's going to be all "Hey Blizz, what's happening with green fire" and they'll be like "Oh we'd like to do it, we really would, but we would have to take the time to do it spectacularly, and I'm afraid we're far too busy with this patch/raid/expansion right now."

We're getting so much attention, aesthetics-wise and mechanics-wise. I know it's a new expansion but I feel like they're already giving us a ton of love. I refuse to be upset about this!

Deleted
    A glyph to turn every orange-fire spell into 'Fel'(green)fire would be nice, a glyph that gives us a female metamorphosis model would also be welcome.Pretty much the last two things I need... but we are getting SO much attention in MoP already, shouldn't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Meillassoux View Post
    Hmmm lets see.When do Mages need the table?When they want to share their food.When do they need to share their food?When there are people around them.What do you do when you need food only for yourself?You create food not a table that still needs reagent I may add.Hmmm nope I still find it useless in every occasion while you can't deny that there are people that may actually prefer a red banish.

And Coil Blizzard mentioned that they want Warlocks to have the most changes.It's because only few play with the class on live.
    And when do warlocks need a summoning portal, when in groups only.
    But do groups make it any easier to get people to click the damn thing ?
    No it does not.
    I would be delighted with a glyph which made the stone only require me to set up.

There is some sort of huge appeal to mage tables which draws people to click them which is simply not present for a soulwell or summon portal.
    There is a vast difference in the readiness of people to click them.

I can see a minor benefit to banish being a more visible CC, so alerting groups to that fact that something is CC'd.
    But I would love to it to actually be more useful rather than the niche it is at present.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2012-04-28 at 01:54 PM.

I don't think blizz would be trolling us this hard unless they were going to put out in the end.

Why they cant just make a 'copy' of Incinerate and Rain of Fire, change the copy's color, and make a glyph or any other switch (like the dam Codex of Xerath) that swap the spells?

They do this all the time when you change spec, through glyphs that swap your spells (aka corruption/Doom), even when you use Meta you have spells beeing swaped...

I cant believe there's a real difficulty to change 2 spells (Inci and Rain)... And it seems that there are already a version of green Rain of fire in the game for some NPCs...

The effect caused by Incinerate on the targets is the same for every target...

I really cant buy this one of 'we dont have the tecnology to do that right now'...

YOU ARE BLIZZARD!!!11 if you dont have, then who? The Dharma Iniciative?!?

loled
    Last edited by Warrada; 2012-04-28 at 06:18 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Talking about green fire..
    I'd just like to mention that the beta chaos bolt looks pretty awesome! Especially if you shoot 2 from 40 yards distance using havoc