Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orodoth View Post
    wouldn't the logical course of action be:

increase human racial so that its 1 minute slower cool down than pvp trinkets.
    Give human racial and pvp trinkets a shared cool down (i.e. if you pop trink and there is only 1 minute left on human racial CD, it gets reset to its full cool down duration)
    Leaving EMFH useful in pve situations, but handicapping your stun breaking abilities if you still choose to equip double pve trinkets in pvp.

Don't hate my logic, nearly all my characters are human. On most, I was human before EMFH was implemented. I like my racial, but I understand it is used to gain some OP pvp conditions.
    If you do that, humans don't have a racial.

Quote Originally Posted by Buhrag View Post
    If you do that, humans don't have a racial.
    Exactly. You can't balance EMFH. It's as simple as that. If it worked differently from a PvP trinket like WotF then they coulda done the same thing with it. The problem is it works EXACTLY AS A PvP TRINKET.

Make it baseline for EVERY RACE because it's just so mandatory in PvP. There's absolutely no reason that it shouldn't be baseline for everyone. Blizzard is creative enough to give humans a new and more balanceable racial in place of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

20 out of the top 300 3s teams on my battlegroup are Horde........ it's stupidly OP. It should be brought inline with the undead racial. I'm also well and truly sick of rogues getting free wins due to having legendaries. There's quite a few rogues going around with full BiS gear (apart form Vial LFR) that can play terribly and still get wins due to legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe82 View Post
    Just had my morning coffee and wondered if EMFH is short for Everyone Moved From Horde?
    Give this man a medal.

Couple of guys from guild go Male human alli towards the end of each season so they can get the Gladiator title. This happens a TON on the horde side, then people come back.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    20 out of the top 300 3s teams on my battlegroup are Horde........ it's stupidly OP. It should be brought inline with the undead racial. I'm also well and truly sick of rogues getting free wins due to having legendaries. There's quite a few rogues going around with full BiS gear (apart form Vial LFR) that can play terribly and still get wins due to legendaries.
    I don't think that the racial in itself is overpowered. a bad player playing, say, a human warrior isn't going to suddenly get a free win versus a mediocre player playing an orc one. inb4 duels aren't real pvp, im saying assuming mirrored teams, and the other two on each team are equally skilled, geared, ect.

its more that the best pvp'ers min max, so lets say the human racial adds an extra, say, 2 percent chance of winning. Completely made up number. Anyone who is serious about pvp will take any advantage they can get, making it end up that everyone on alliance not playing a druid or shaman who is serious about high ratings will be human to get ANY leg up they can. And many players who might have been horde will follow the same idea. Anything at all to win.

TLDR: Its not that EMFH is necessarily overpowered, its that the best players use it, so the results are skewed.

pve gear will be higher level as they have stated numerous times and pve trinkets have always had the best procs - so no, nothing will change, but people that have been playing for a very long time know it. if you want to compete on high level and have every possible advantage you roll human.

Quote Originally Posted by Buhrag View Post
    TLDR: Its not that EMFH is necessarily overpowered, its that the best players use it, so the results are skewed.
    Vial/Cunning/Bone link are ridiculously strong. Humans have access to this + On use. Humans pretty much have 2.4k Int/Str etc extra. That's a lot. Therefore, it's op.
    this game sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    How about they just not allow PvE gear in arenas or RBG's?
    Last edited by lokithor; 2012-05-01 at 06:43 AM. Reason: forgot about RBG's lol

The problem with EMFH is that it effectively scales with each season of gear, even if you encourage humans to use two other PVP trinkets.

Bloodthirsty trinkets (excluding battlemaster-type ones and all that):

301 resil/CC break
    301 resil/912 stat proc
    301 resil/1520 stat use

Humans are going to use the second and third ones. Non-humans are going to use the first one and the second OR third one. Everyone gets 602 resilience and their CC break. EMFH is therefore worth either the 912 stat proc (which is up what, every 20 seconds out of 50) or the 1520 stat every 2min.

Cataclysmic trinkets:

484 resil/CC break
    484 resil/1452 stat proc
    484 resil/2419 stat use

Everyone gets 968 resilience. Everyone gets a CC break. EMFH is now worth a 1452 stat proc or a 2419 stat use, more than 50% of what it was at the start of Cataclysm.

Assuming half the item budget goes to the resilience and half to the other effect, the CC trinket that everyone else has to buy every season is wasting more and more points on the same thing, while EMFH lets humans buy something that improves much more noticeably. They could get around this by ramping up the resilience on that trinket and only that trinket every season, but even then I imagine it wouldn't be as good as a human's setup due to the exponential nature of stat costs. Maybe splitting the budget between Resilience and Power will help.

Good post Baphomette and that'd definitely see a massive balance shift. You don't need to nerf EMFH just put a stupid amount of resilience (i'm thinking 4-5 times the amount on Cataclysmic Gladiator's Medallion of Tenacity Pretty much making it 100% mandatory for all classes to have. Another option would be to have the pvp trinkets have a 2 set bonus so if you had a Medallion of Tenacity + another pvp trinket together you'd get a 1-2K resil bonus.

This would also make it easier for new players gearing up not to get absolutely demolished in bgs because they could buy that item first and start off with a good level of resil.

At the moment humans have the option of +10% resil or a PvE trinket. Boosting the amount of resil on Medallion of Tenacity then humans would have to choose between +30% resil or a pve trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    It's broken. But blizzard don't mind, because everyone's paying them $30 a pop for a faction change. Humans will probably be nerfed to the ground in MoP and some horde class will have a stupid racial so everyone transfers back.
    I am human, in game but not irl...

However look what happened to undead's "almost free" trink everyone moved, then blizz made their move...

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    /IRL LoL

Whats your ide for getting pvp gear if you cannot use anything els then pvp gear to get pvp gear?

And YES! EMFH is OP as stated several times before and needs a change like the one made to WotF.

You are clueless when you ask for the human racial to be nerfed directly. They already tried increasing its cooldown before and it failed. No one used the racial when a trinket gave a shorter cooldown. People complained that they were effectively without a racial in pvp.

Making the on-use trinkets better is a viable option. Of course if those trinkets are too good in comparison then we reach the point again where the racial becomes useless in pvp.
    Last edited by 6kle; 2012-05-02 at 05:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard wouldn't just want to profit from the OP racial faction
    change roller coaster they would just remove the usage of racials
    in rated battlegrounds and arenas.

They should honestly make the racials less game breaking or do whatever
    they want with them and disable them from competitive PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by 6kle View Post
    You are clueless when you ask for the human racial to be nerfed directly. They already tried increasing its cooldown before and it failed. No one used the racial when a trinket gave a shorter cooldown. People complained that they were effectively without a racial in pvp.

Making the on-use trinkets better is a viable option. Of course if those trinkets are too good in comparison then we reach the point again where the racial becomes useless in pvp.
    But the people complained ddint have a clue then becasue it was not without a racial pvp ability casues you know there are still 60lvls where everyone els dont have a pvp trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Exactly. You can't balance EMFH. It's as simple as that. If it worked differently from a PvP trinket like WotF then they coulda done the same thing with it. The problem is it works EXACTLY AS A PvP TRINKET.

Make it baseline for EVERY RACE because it's just so mandatory in PvP. There's absolutely no reason that it shouldn't be baseline for everyone. Blizzard is creative enough to give humans a new and more balanceable racial in place of that.
    I want perception back.....

---------- Post added 2012-05-02 at 08:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Been suggested a million and one times over the years and will always be a stupid idea.

Deleted
    The Human racial gives me the ability to get a proc for 1452 strenght.

Blood fury gives on-use(more important) 1170 attackpower 585 spellpower (extra strong for enh shamans that use both attackpower&spellpower)

Berserking gives 20% attack and casting speed.

BUT; Bloodfury and Berserking can also be utilized in PvE, where mine is worthless. I'd say the troll one is better than what humans can get, but the humans got better than what orcs got, however thats highly situational given the circumstances of On-Use, Enhance shaman, Which trinket(early in expansion it only gave 912 strenght) etc.

Now if you say "oh well why do you use that shitty pvp trinket then, why not use pve OP trinkets", Well thats because PvE trinkets are whats OP, not the human racial. Blizzard has taken this into account and will make sure that pvp items are much better than pve for pvp, so im basing this on pvp gear solely. My options are that or a battlemaster one. The on-use trinket i would use anyway, so it's not taking the insignias place.

I simply do not get why it's getting so many complaints, for such a minor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kekkeri View Post
    :: People play human to use OP PvE Trinkets
    :: Blizz change it so PVP Trinkets are more OP than PvE Trinkets
    :: Humans now have 2 PvP Trinkets that are more OP than the PvE ones
    :: This fixes the problem

:: Logic
    That statement along with the one where they said they would not account resilience from item level so that PvP gear could have more stats, makes me at least assume they plan to combine trinkets into something that could more or less bring other races to par.

[Random Medal of Panda Justice]

Equip: Increases PVP Power by 2688.
    Equip: When you deal damage you have a chance to gain 5430 Strength for 20 Sec.
    Use: Removes all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character. (2 Min Cooldown)

[Random Insignia of Panda Courage]
    Equip: Increases PVP Resilience by 2688.
    Equip: Increases Critical Strike rating by 1344.
    Use: Increases Strength by 9750 for 20 Sec. (2 Min Cooldown).

Seem likely.
    Last edited by Veliane; 2012-05-03 at 03:14 PM.