Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to be sure your lightwell will be used in LFR

So I've done my first few LFR with my healer since I was bored and I was kinda upset that nobody was clicking on the well. When I was doing tier11H the well wasn't lasting really long and I got used to my well being depleted really fast each time I pop it. It was some kind of massive healing cooldown.
    A small macro was tied with my spell. "Lightwell up!".(Yeah really original)

But even with that nobody was clicking it. So I tought "mmm what could I do to make all those LFR player using my super well..." and I found the answer !
    Here is my new macro

"Glyphed Lightwell up! 15% damage increase as long it heals you!"

Some rogue were using sprint to actually go in range to click it. It's incredible what people can do when they have the motivation.

Give it a try!

how much of that is effective healing? but true I feel very lonely clicking lightwells on my chars but the more charges there is for me!

Deleted
    good job on gimping the raid's dps so you can be lazy

Deleted
    another good one is hav ethe macro that says who clicked it, some people respond to making it look like they are aware, just watch them clicking when not even damaged

I use an addon called RSA (Raeli's Spell Announcer) which has an option to customize announcement texts. Mine says: "X has used Lightwell! Imba player!" It seems very effective. Everyone wants to be called an imba player :P
    Btw, the addon works for all classes, all spells, it's not priest-only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by shanattah View Post
    how much of that is effective healing? but true I feel very lonely clicking lightwells on my chars but the more charges there is for me!
    The well has a 30yards range click you don't even need to move to click it I don't see how I could gimp the raid dps.

Quote Originally Posted by sthings View Post
    Go ahead and explain how it gimps raids DPS. You obviously haven't clicked one since Burning Crusade.

This is one of the best heals in game, people just have to not be lazy. It's not the priest being lazy, it's people not being aware, and this is coming from a mainly dps player.

Quote Originally Posted by Marahdeka View Post
    I use an addon called RSA (Raeli's Spell Announcer) which has an option to customize announcement texts. Mine says: "X has used Lightwell! Imba player!" It seems very effective. Everyone wants to be called an imba player :P
    Btw, the addon works for all classes, all spells, it's not priest-only.
    This. Ive seen people using it to thank players that click the Lightwell. Not only are you making people want to be thanked, but its a good reminder to other players that the thing is actually on the ground waiting to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicochon View Post
    The well has a 30yards range click you don't even need to move to click it I don't see how I could gimp the raid dps.
    It's 20 yards. Just saying.

and have people on 100% hp clicking well for the buff!

I'm using Lightwell Buddy. Random responses and messages, when dropped down. Some people are clicking it, some others don't.
    However, those who are using my LW are amazed by the funny responses and always whisper me a sad smiley, when all charges are gone.

My raid also clicks the LW, although we don't have a priest anymore. But I've forced every single member to use that goddamn Lightwell.
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    The simple fact is I doubt people are going to click it, i mean it is LFR after all -_-

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    It's 20 yards. Just saying.
    And doesn't interrupt any casts you can spam click (HM spine) and continue your rotation with no problems at all.

I hate lightwell. I can't count the number of times I've lost my target trying to click through the cluster fuck of large hit boxes to get to the stupid thing.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I hate lightwell. I can't count the number of times I've lost my target trying to click through the cluster fuck of large hit boxes to get to the stupid thing.
    Yeah nobody is trying to say that the mechanics are amazing but its a 3 min cd for priests and it really helps the healing during heavy aoe if people actually use it, blame blizzard for making it shit, not us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Have your raid leader allocate a place away from the center of a fight within 20 yards, and mark it.

Easy peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Senchae View Post
    Yeah nobody is trying to say that the mechanics are amazing but its a 3 min cd for priests and it really helps the healing during heavy aoe if people actually use it, blame blizzard for making it shit, not us.
    What they really need to do is pull an Ultrax/Madness and give you a button triggered by being in the area.

A 2nd ExtraActionButton would be horrible. A macro (that doesnt require convoluted setup like using your focus frame) like /use Lightwell would be far better if its not going to be remade.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lazy? It's one of the best HoTs there is, it's apart of Holy priest healing too.
    Do you know anything about this game?