Poll: What was the most difficult Boss for you?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Hell-difficulty Bone Ash (in the Cathedral's main floor). And why?
    Immune Fire, Immune Cold, Immune Physical

Good luck!

Otherwise, Duriel takes the cake generally... hits like the freight train he is sized to match, Holy Freeze Aura (that cannot be immuned against through gear) in later difficulties... yeah, just nasty.

never did get past Duriel, grinded for a few hours after losing once and still didn't stand a chance, gave up after that

Duriel. I always die on that SOB.

Meh, whooped all of them.

I really don’t remember duriel giving me trouble, idk. It definitively took some focus and multiple tries but he dropped dead. On the other hand, Diablo gave me nightmares :l . I couldn’t defeat him no matter what I tried on my first 2 runs as a necromancer and paladin, mostly because of poor and newbie build choices. I did finally defeat him on my 3 char with a proper build and more experience.
    Tiandar --------- retired
    US Executus <Static> 13/13h , 7/7H, 6/8 H (25 man)
    staticraid.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't understand why everyone votes for Duriel. Yes he was hard, but only on normal. On nightmare, and hell he was nothing short of a joke.

Deleted
    Duriel... Last time on normal with my pally, he punched right through my armor... killed me with a few hits and hit me so hard there wasn't even a corpse when I died. Weird bug <.<

Diablo due to the iron maiden curse his trash would cast, it meant as a barbarion you had to put one point in berserk so that you would not instagib yourself, but that meant running around using an attack you weren't specced for (unless you were a berserk barbarion), an attack that greatly reduced your survivability while using it.

But to be honest none of the bosses were hard, hardest encounter was uber tristram.

I died the most on Diablo. I don't remember dying a whole lot on Duriel, although I do remember hitting him and watching his life bar go nowhere.
    You know the thing...

Duriel. Andariel was basically a joke even with the poison damage. Mephisto was somehow even easier. Diablo had that lightning hose but it could be dodged relatively easily and you could portal out of his room easily. Baal's trash seemed harder than he was.

The only things that were really hard in the main game were bugged or stupid design decisions (MSLE, the FE bug, corpse explosions, Iron maiden)

Surely Duriel on Normal. As a melee player, he was just a pain. In later difficulties, with better gear and mods (hi open wounds) he is a bit easier, but still annoying.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    Imo duriel was pretty easy as a druid with portal spam.

Summon everything
    Portal in
    Spam fissure
    Everything dies, portal out
    repeat.

Was still a pain in the ass though. "Sup" *BOOM* dead.
    This is exactly how I did it. The boss just hit way too hard to stay in there. Worst boss in the game

Deleted
    duriel... oh god the horrible memories

Duriel is an asshole

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post

The only things that were really hard in the main game were bugged or stupid design decisions (MSLE, the FE bug, corpse explosions, Iron maiden)
    Like bugged Nilathak-Vipers? Fck this poisen damage!

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Duriel was infuriatingly annoying. Hit way too hard for the level you faced him generally, incredibly fast, very fast attack speed, and stuck in a tiny room to fight him.
    Yep, exactly this.
    All other bosses can be kited around, but not Duriel.
    Even though Diablo can be a bitch to fight as a melee, Duriel was even worse.
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

Well on normal and nightmare difficulties it was Duriel hands down. On Hell, the boss that made me cry was facing the ancients alone >.< Man that was painful

Quote Originally Posted by Elial View Post
    Well on normal and nightmare difficulties it was Duriel hands down. On Hell, the boss that made me cry was facing the ancients alone >.< Man that was painful
    Ugh, that one took forever on my sorc, the only character I've completed Hell with in SP. Another one was Baal's minions. It's kinda hard to kill them when they're immune to frost and fire when you've rolled as a frost/fire sorc.