Anyone else seriously bummed about holy atonement?

Sorry guys, I know that the fact that atonement is no longer a glyph has popped up in a couple different threads already, but is anyone else seriously bummed about this? I was having a lot of fun playing holy atonement on PTR and I think the instacast holy fires were awesome, I just don't understand why they would get rid of this. It was seriously the one thing I was looking forward to most about MOP. I like the idea of a damage dealing healer but I just get so bored playing disc in PVE. Anyone else with me on this, or am I just crazy or something?

I'm of the opinion, that it's extremely difficult to balance for raiding. They almost got it right in cata for disc, but the scaling was a bit off.

Holy with AA and PI available is pretty scary burst, especially since they rolled in heavenly voice with DH. I believe they absolutely have to make AA an expensive pickup (FD,CL looks pretty appealing right now). Unless they nerf DH. If they nerfed DH they could give us atonement.

You might not see how I'm making this connection, just dig in the MoP thread to see the essay I wrote on that subject
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2012-04-28 at 02:48 PM.

I'm very bummed - holy atonement is at the top of my wishlist. Disc is boring, especially now that they added back rapture. I would much rather play holy than disc, but I will only play a priest that has atonement.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not at all. Am I the only Priest who hates the entire Evangelism/Atonement mechanic? Damage for healing is ghimmicy IMO, would rather not have it forced down my throat. If it means nerfing DH to have it, then I am especially against it. Healing has partially became a CD Arms race war, and if the only way to be competitive would be to CD stack (PI + AA + DH + Trinkets, etc) then, screw Atonement even more.

I don't like what it has done to the Priest class, many Priests now expect Smite healing to be 100% smart, effective and viable to carry them through content, and it is rather annoying. Is it good when played correctly? Of course, its sometimes even fun, but I feel like it has partially ruined Disc for me, and makes me have a bad taste in my mouth in general.

I am, i wanted to have 2 specs, one holy one disc each with atonement.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Was looking forward to trying it, holy was looking more fun than disc so far in MoP imo. Not sure what to go with anymore tbh.

Deleted
    For me it would have just been a way to speed through dungeons faster. Nothing game changing.

I agree that it is nothing game changing composition or mechanic wise, but it was like a breath of fresh air for priest playing, especially for those of us that are severely bored of playing disc. I have played Holy throughout all of DS and I like the feel of it right now output wise and regen wise, but I think that little extra something would really spice up the play style mechanics. I think Blizz thought that chakras would be Holy's "fun factor", but really there aren't many instances to chakra dance so holy by an large is still feeling a little face roll to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Wait, so did they remove atonement from Holy all together? Do we just have Evangelism now?
    yup, disc only passive at lvl 60
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

nothing, its worthless, maybe pvp?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    nothing, its worthless, maybe pvp?
    Solo'ing and PvP.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Same thing you use the old chakra for but better.

Honestly, I'm on the Disc side of things. Atonement was a nice unique thing that Disc had going, and the only way I'd be okay with Holy getting Atonement is if Disc got something unique in return.