Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Awesome, kicked out from character creation now ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Took me a while to realize this thread isn't about grain.

I am stack in character selection now, and can't do anything... Anyone knows what to do?

Deleted
    Got black screen after character creation video and im pretty sure i dont have sli.

I understood the D3 beta dying because they had no idea of the numbers that would log on, this beta they had an idea of the numbers and the game is dead for most and the forums are dead, and they have gone quite of twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Sli?

/10charr
    SLI is when you are running two Nvidia graphics cards in tandem/series to get improved graphics/FPS!

Crossfire is AMD/ATIs version of SLI!

2,3,4 Cards all running on the same machine and connected together!

The annoying thing to me is, even if you make it to the character screen, you can only click 'play' once without restarting the client, and it probably won't connect that one time.

Deleted
    Well im loving Gw2 so far looks to me like cheese nachos and a loggin screen :/

10+ Year Old Account
    at least its good to know im not missing out ;p still no beta club ^^

Deleted
    beta is beta

Deleted
    there was a thread saying it would be cpu not gpu

may change though

Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    SLI is when you are running two Nvidia graphics cards in tandem/series to get improved graphics/FPS!

Crossfire is AMD/ATIs version of SLI!

2,3,4 Cards all running on the same machine and connected together!
    And how exactly do I turn this off?

That's weird, problems in a beta? Who would of thought?!

Seriously guys, does anyone around here (who is vocal) have the slightest clue as to what the term "beta" means in regards to software development?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimtide View Post
    The annoying thing to me is, even if you make it to the character screen, you can only click 'play' once without restarting the client, and it probably won't connect that one time.
    if you press a empty character square, and then back to your character you can click play again

Beta is beta, but only for the weekend. And whilst some people still have the rest of the day to play, it's past 9pm here already. By the time we can log on we might have lost nearly a day of playing opportunity due to timezone difference. If beta lasted say a week, then it wouldn't be nearly as frustrating.

- thanks for the tip DiamondDust

Deleted
    Fps Issues: Check
    Login Issues Check
    Had some amazing fun the 30 minutes that i manage to log in: Check

Guys its beta, there will be issues, be patient because trust me the game is amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimtide View Post
    - thanks for the tip DiamondDust
    Your welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    if you press a empty character square, and then back to your character you can click play again
    Nope, this is not working. If you get "cannot operation crap" message, your game stops responding to your mouse. You can click anything, but it won't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    It's unfortunate that you are all experiencing these issues, but it's day one of a beta weekend. I would imagine, it the back of your minds, you expected something like this. Hopefully this is something that dies down as the day progresses, or the Anet QA and Dev teams are able to get it sorted out quickly. I don't get to join the fray now... but in a few hours, I will be right here with all of you >.>
    I'm with you 100% on this one and I'm sure it will get sorted out shortly...but I'm sure I'm not alone having a little disappointment in the fact that this is a game that has already been in beta testing, has already had media playing the game, etc. Is it the machines trying to play the game? Is it server loads causing this issues? I'd expect the game to be unplayable for some (welcome to beta) but there are many thousands having many of the same problems (just reading between here, FB, and Twitter).

Those who have shitty FPS. How many toons are on your screen? Including NPCs.

I ask this because if there are like 1000 players in the starting zone than you can expect low FPS.

Deleted
    Logs in 4th time clicks play no joy >: WHY! OH WHY!