Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
    Judging by the tone of your posts, it sounds like you have the attitude that you have six or seven core members, and people who fill the other spots aren't part of the club. You keep talking about how much you like your 6-7 longtime raiders and how they're your core, but the flip side of that attitude is that everyone else is is a non-core member. That's bad because good and reliable players don't want to be permanent outsiders in their own guild. If you want people to stick around you need to offer them full membership after their trial periods end. That means putting them on completely even footing with the rest of your members in terms of invite priority, loot, performance expectations, etc.

Good and reliable players generally won't stick around in an environment where they're treated like second class members.
    A valid point but it doesn't apply here. I treat all new members very well, we all do, it is part of our guild culture. That just doesn't apply here at all.

---------- Post added 2012-04-28 at 07:51 PM ----------

I am still interested on how peole handle:

How has rotating worked for you guys? Since i run such a short bench and always have (except when I did 40 and 25 man raids) with 10 mans. How have you been rotating that extra player? Have you been doing a 11 or 12 man roster? Which works better and how do you get that extra one or two involved? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    A valid point but it doesn't apply here. I treat all new members very well, we all do, it is part of our guild culture. That just doesn't apply here at all.
    No need to get defensive, you asked for input and I'm just providing it. Obviously we can't tell for sure from a few forum posts how you run your guild. But when you say things like "I have 6-7 people who I would take a bullet for" it suggests that recruits have a long road ahead of them before they're treated like full members. Especially since it sounds like you don't rotate who sits, and instead use a backup system. Even in your response to me you say "I treat all new members very well," which is tellingly subjective and doesn't address my point. The question isn't how well you treat new members, it's whether you treat them the same as older members - once they pass their trials - in terms of loot, invite priority, and performance expectations. If you're making them sit more than their share and giving them reduced loot priority, it doesn't matter how nice you are about it.

No need to get defensive, you asked for input and I'm just providing it. Obviously we can't tell for sure from a few forum posts how you run your guild. But when you say things like "I have 6-7 people who I would take a bullet for" it suggests that recruits have a long road ahead of them before they're treated like full members. Especially since it sounds like you don't rotate who sits, and instead use a backup system. Even in your response to me you say "I treat all new members very well," which is tellingly subjective and doesn't address my point. The question isn't how well you treat new members, it's whether you treat them the same as older members - once they pass their trials - in terms of loot, invite priority, and performance expectations. If you're making them sit more than their share and giving them reduced loot priority, it doesn't matter how nice you are about it.

Ok, I am not sure where you are getting that I am defensive, I just stated that they are treated well. I can expand on that, they are treated equally, as in the same as long time members, be it invite priority or loot or whatever. Just don't get where you had gotten that impression, hope I made that clear with out being defensive.

For 10 man, I recommend trying to get 11 players who always make the raids. Keep recruiting until you get them.

Most people don't mind sitting out for 1-2 bosses that they don't need, and inevitably someone will miss a raid. Having the 11th keep everything running smooth.

We're currently 7/8H, but it's that time of expansion where we've had to grab some extra players to keep things going.

Deleted
    He wasn't being defensive in the slightest :P

Do you want to kill bosses, or do you want to have fun doing it ?

Once you've determined which side you're willing to compromise on, it becomes much easier to excel at the other side... which eventually solves both problems if you can succeed at your first goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know me and a friend left our RL guild because it didn't work out. So we went to a guild my friend knew some people from back in wotlk, and the GM in that guild hated me back then because I was so terrible so I could understand, but he gave me a chance. In that guild its like people that's 25+ and me and my friend who is 18 and 17. But we needed a good druid, and like usual they only want 18+ people but we got a GOOD druid in turned out he was 14. So even if they're "kids" give them a chance some can be really good.