Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    I like how everything looks like a painting when you look far away and the closer you are everything is 3D and detailed. Even the loading looks like someone is painting it right in front of you.
    This. I love the art style of it, and being an mmo that's a big part of it for me.
    SWTOR seemed too plasticy for me, and TERA just has too much of an asian art design for me to be too interested. (Not bashing btw, just comparing). Personally I need to love the world I'm in if I plan on spending a long time in game, and yeah... GW2. I just adore it.

The Black Citadel has a giant clockpunk death star in the middle. It is... amazing!

My overall experience of the BWE was extremely positive, but there were moments that were so awesome I knew right then that I'd end up enjoying this game no matter what:

Elite/Massive events where people pulled together were awesome to behold and to take part in. During my first one (Giant Champion Boar rampaging through a forest) I finally fully understood Arenanet's aim of controlled chaos. So many people who were doing their own thing, came together to co-operate on taking the Boar down, and what should have been utter chaos, turned into dozens of people working together, complimenting each other's skills, reviving each other, controlling the boss, and all having a blast. Most fun I've had in an MMO so far!

Exploration. There is just so much to see in this game. There's the more obvious stuff like Divinity's Reach which is breathtaking, enormous and full of life, but there's also random places to discover in the world. My absolute favourite was Isgarren's View to the south east of Kessex Hills. I came across this secluded little town when I got to the top of a huge cliff overlooking the sea. To one side is a giant floating castle in the distance, and the other is this picturesque little town. Jumping off the cliff into the water below I saw some incredible sea creatures beneath the waters as I headed for the town. Arriving in the town I start to get the sense that something is very wrong (won't spoil it for anyone who haven't been there), but everyone seems oblivious. There's so much gossip and story to get out of the villagers which adds to the mystery and the foreboding feeling. Exploring further I found a strange house with what looked like Asuran Technology hidden in the attic, as well as a forcefield blocking access to the basement. All this in a place that seems to serve no purpose except to add flavour to the world!

Just throwing this out here with all the discussions about the graphics and art styles and aesthetics:
    http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode...vs.-aesthetics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    I like how everything looks like a painting when you look far away and the closer you are everything is 3D and detailed. Even the loading looks like someone is painting it right in front of you.

edit: on the 56+ pages on the General Discussions. This thread https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...rgueing/page/1 is probably the most constructive.
    That is the depth and edge setting as a mate pointed out to me, but i love it also, it really is like looking at a watercolour painting , really fits their art style and the game, yet another (not so) little thing i really appreciated

Wow i loved the beta got two level 20's Thief and Warrior. hadn't had this much fun since vanilla and warhammer.
    Loved the environment felt so massive but quick to travel around. People would chain together when running around you'd come to a event and look behind and there was 20 people with you.Some of the event bosses rocked, the shaman in Norn area with his massive zone aoe was bad ass felt like I was doing a raid boss.

Some gripes with the game I had was the chat system felt so cumbersome no, /say drove me insane. 100's of people trying to talk in local chat with different people was a nightmare.
    Mob difficulty was hard to understand from melee point of view, one mob type doesn't hit you all that hard, next one different type, same level 1 shots you.
    I might be the only one that this bugs but, combat chat needs to be deeper sometimes make me feel like I'm not doing anything when I'm not doing dmg would be nice if they had scroll chat for when you'r blind, crip and debuffing bosses, not only for dmg numbers(other mmo have burned it into my brain if numbers aren't flowing I'm being useless :P)
    Last one that bugged me was i wish more bosses would go after range players all the ones in Norn 10-25 areas seem to only pick on melee which really suck hated the feel that i needed to have a range weapon on me at all times just so i didn't spend so much time running away and not helping.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Congratulations, first person to use "Anime" and not "Korean" to describe the art style, good on you but I disagree.

The game avoids hard lines and is closer to a western painterly style (the style they're going for) than an anime cartoon style.
    I hope so, somehow I can see something in that too! thanks for your look on that

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Just throwing this out here with all the discussions about the graphics and art styles and aesthetics:
    Cool vid and now I know the difference between the two.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    That actually was a really really good videio. Gotta love penny arcade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    My overall experience of the BWE was extremely positive, but there were moments that were so awesome I knew right then that I'd end up enjoying this game no matter what:

Elite/Massive events where people pulled together were awesome to behold and to take part in. During my first one (Giant Champion Boar rampaging through a forest) I finally fully understood Arenanet's aim of controlled chaos. So many people who were doing their own thing, came together to co-operate on taking the Boar down, and what should have been utter chaos, turned into dozens of people working together, complimenting each other's skills, reviving each other, controlling the boss, and all having a blast. Most fun I've had in an MMO so far!

Exploration. There is just so much to see in this game. There's the more obvious stuff like Divinity's Reach which is breathtaking, enormous and full of life, but there's also random places to discover in the world. My absolute favourite was Isgarren's View to the south east of Kessex Hills. I came across this secluded little town when I got to the top of a huge cliff overlooking the sea. To one side is a giant floating castle in the distance, and the other is this picturesque little town. Jumping off the cliff into the water below I saw some incredible sea creatures beneath the waters as I headed for the town. Arriving in the town I start to get the sense that something is very wrong (won't spoil it for anyone who haven't been there), but everyone seems oblivious. There's so much gossip and story to get out of the villagers which adds to the mystery and the foreboding feeling. Exploring further I found a strange house with what looked like Asuran Technology hidden in the attic, as well as a forcefield blocking access to the basement. All this in a place that seems to serve no purpose except to add flavour to the world!
    My favorite, so far, would have to be taking down that Flame Legion Shaman. It seems like it goes on for a good fifteen minutes and see-saws back and forth. Those Flame Legion troops keep spawning and it turns into some sort of grand melee with a couple dozen players taking part. Bloody brilliant, one of the most entertaining PvE experiences I've ever had in a mumorpuger. When we finally broke through, we stormed through that cave and slaughtered pretty much everything in the forest beyond it. I can usually only get that kind of rush from PvP.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved it. I had little expectations starting this up, and walked away in awe. I am aware of the issues, I not fond that there is nothing in the way of tutorial or very few breadcrumbs. Took me a while to figure out things, and that's coming a MMO player, but not GW player.

I had no lag, no graphic issues that were glaring (some spell lags/bugs), but it's beta. I had a great time.

I also dont know why people are saying, there are so many games out there. Well of course there is, but there's also no release date. Dont count your chickens until they hatch!
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I kinda feel like Anet is taking Cartman's "you can't come" technique to a whole new level.

They're going to make BANK because of it.

Seriously though, I loved this BWE. All bugs, that I know are bugs, aside I'd still play it as is. Everything is so vibrant and visceral. I can't wait for the next BWE!
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven