Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by handsdown View Post
    funny, almost all PWO contain DMAA and yet only those were the ones hit?

As far as those people who were having heart failure, makes me wonder how much over the recommended dosage they were taking... I read all the time people who take 3-4 scoops PWO when it says to only take 1...
    Last edited by Fogkin; 2012-05-01 at 02:31 PM.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    ....BUHAHAHAHA.

Finally the FDA paying proper attention to supplements.
    You can blame Utah's congressmen for the unregulated supplement industry. FDA only steps in when reports of severe health issues come up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by freelapdance View Post
    eating a fucking kebab.
    How's a regular kebab go? Those f**king kebabs sound awesome tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    You can blame Utah's congressmen for the unregulated supplement industry. FDA only steps in when reports of severe health issues come up.
    Indeed. It's a disgrace how little regulation was going on because it was labeled as a supplement. Good to see some more stringent control of the market.

the guide really should start with making it more clear that these products arent made of magic! people need to be eating right too

eating properly >>>> sups.

To be honest with you. Gym newbs shouldn't be taking any supplements. You're going to see pretty much the same results just eating healthy and good amounts of protein and just doing a proper workout routine. Take supplements once you reach certain goals. Don't bother spending money on supplements until you're at a point where you need them to continue gaining.

TBH should get experience in the gym for 6-12 months before you even start considering taking supplements.

Supplements are goddam confusing...I've been reading about them (and their ingredients) regularly since I started working out and even more so since I've began to really ramp up my workouts...but I still feel lost in the sauce.

I looked at Jack3d while at my local health food store two days ago but put it back as I had my daughter with me and she was about to break something I didn't want to pay for. Willing to bet it wont be there if I go back with that FDA press release. I've read a lot of people doing way more than the recommended dosages while researching it so I wonder how much of that has to do with the health-related issues. Seems that people universally love the stuff tho...not just gym-enthusiasts, but also runners, soccer players, etc.

Deleted
    Seems good guide for any who wanna use supplements, I don't know anything about it though so hey!

I am training my body pretty intensively right now, and I have some pretty good and simple rules and guidelines I follow. I am not gonna bother writing them out at length. In general though, I avoid machines at all costs and do exercises I can do with my body alone such as pushups, situps, all kinds of legs and back mumbos, stretching, punching in air, light and fast jumping and heavier and slow, walking, running, massaging. For diet I eat much and anything that I think helps or is good to eat, I basically ask my stomach, what do you wanna eat, and think about what might be good to eat and make sure to drink a lot of water, so diet is meat, vegetables, candy, snacks, milk, water, water, water, lotsa cake lol, anything really, bread, cereal. I don't subscribe to the whole idea of fitness centers when I don't wanna be a body builder but just lean, mean and fit lol and instead of supplements, I just eat a good serving of meat and potatoes with good gravy .

Each to their own, I just think a lot of the people who are in fitness centers or whatever doing work outs on machines or even just weights honestly, would do far better if they did some pushups (and if that was too easy, then they could slowly work toward the famous 3 finger pushup by Bruce Lee ) and just normal, kind exercises instead of training specific muscles and pushing their bodies so hard on machines that they often overtrain and overstress the muscles and body and either get injured or sterss the muscle and body so much that it doesn't have energy or time to build stronger. Also, in the same vein, instead of eating and drinking all kinds of dietionary supplements, just go to McD lol or eat good, normal meals. I have been both in the fitness centers things somewhat, but my body has been kinda fucked for between 5-10 years lol, so I haven't tried there with a fit and healthy body, but I have been intensively working on my health and body the last half year and am getting more and more fit. I have kinda wanted to experience the low and up to soon the high to derive experience from it and develop my own system, and I have gone down to very basics here. Probably more like people in the greek olympics 2000 years ago would do it than most people who workout today and even most athletes probably in general would do it today.

LOL'd at this post. ---> Linking this to bodybuilding.com misc forum for lawls.

Creatine ---> mostly marketing, does nothing.
    Pre-work out --> more marketing, lots of caffeine (technically not even that good for you). Yeah gets you pumped, but your body should be able to lift without the assistance of a wake me up. Provides no actual muscle gains outside the realm of motivation, if you have your own determination and intensity you don't need this sh!t.
    Protein ---> Building blocks for muscle, most of your protein should come from your diet, this is just supplementing that, also providing more calories which is needed to put on mass. 50 calories per every pound of extra muscle usually. Most whey protein's add vitamins or ammino acids which are building blocks for proteins.
    A good multi-vitamin isn't usless it tops off what you are already getting from your diet. Most of the time it'll just be pee'd out of your body for being extra.
    Test boosters ---> for old people. Young people who produce x amount of test already naturally will just have it converted into estrogen over night. (srs)

Says theres only 2 types of protein lol.... okay Whey, Casesine, and regular no excess calories protein. thats 3 right there.

Says he buys supplements from the store... lol don't do that 4x the mark up at a supplement store and they will only try to sell you what they want to move off their shelves. bodybuilding.com has the cheapest supps online. You're a 'newb' if you buy into marketing.

Protein is not optional... only supplement that matters... I think this guy is a newb or just a troll.

Only real supplements once you hit your plateau in 1-2 years are cell tech, multi's and bicycles..... (you'll probably have to aware yourselves on what those actually mean).