Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I would rather play Oblivion / Fallout 3 than Skyrim. It's still a good game, but it hasn't provided me with 100+ hours of enjoyment like other Bethesda games have. It got very boring, very quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a great game. Beautiful with story and items that are fairly open ended. you create the game, and how you want to play it. The only reason why I'm not still playing is that I'm a MMO junkie. I need people....scary thought!
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

More than worth trying. Its a great game you will enjoy it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Skyrim PvP would be so beyond broken.
    I thought we were talking about small-scale multiplayer capability, like 2-8 player COOP, and not ridiculous MMO change. Something to share fun with friend, and not to make it a multiplayer game. This has worked in quite a lot of RPG games before.

I wouldn't rank Skyrim as one of my favorites or anything close, but I still got my money's worth from it. There is no lack of content. The problem for me was that the content got kind of repetitive if you're the type of person who goes after side quests and stuff. I didn't like the open world part of it because I felt like I had too MUCH to do sometimes. I would get overwhelmed and not know where to go and then when I went somewhere, I would get even MORE stuff to do. That's probably not a problem for most people though, but that's just my personal issue with the game. :P

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    I thought we were talking about small-scale multiplayer capability, like 2-8 player COOP, and not ridiculous MMO change. Something to share fun with friend, and not to make it a multiplayer game. This has worked in quite a lot of RPG games before.
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Skyri...d-241170.shtml

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim is so beautiful, one of the top offline RPG games ever made.

I have one character and 300 hours in, with tons left to do.

Last edited by Primernova; 2012-04-29 at 02:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh god yes, one of the best games out there. Haven't played any of the other elder scrolls games so I didn't really know what I was in for and man, i've been loving every single minute that i've been on that game
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Dont even need to ask if is worth playing.

Its definetly worth playing. However, you will get the most fun on the PC. Not console because there are no mods for console, in PC you can mod the game that will make you play even longer

It's good... just dont spoil it with cheats
    played it like a month like crazy, decided to use cheats to get materials for better armor and etc, stopped playing since
    guess im not for singleplayer games ;d

10+ Year Old Account
    If you just want to kill things, by all means gets Skyrim.

If you like skipping what the NPCs have to say, by all means get Skyrim.

If you enjoy exploring an open world sandbox, by all means get Skyrim.

If you love a game in which your character becomes invincible at the end of the game and one shots things, by all means get Skyrim.

If you're looking for a Role playing game with a soul/story/rememberable characters/difficulty, don't buy Skyrim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    That I can see working
    Putin khuliyo

it's definitely worth getting. i probably played through oblivion 10 times doing different things and using different sets of mods over the years, and i'll do the same for skyrim. i have over 300 hrs logged in.

300+ hours of entertainment, endless supply of content from mod creators, yes, its worth every penny.

Worth playing. I hadn't played any of the older games prior to it either, and it's not a big deal at all. The story is indeed stand-alone and it isn't too hard to follow either really. Skyrim is basically a single player WoW, so to speak...everything is one, huge world that can be 100% explored without loading screens of any kind outside of when you enter and leave a dungeon or house. And it's a very big, very pretty world.

I played quite a bit of Oblivion, but I have played the crap out of Skyrim. I do have a few issues with it, but it is one of the best games I have ever played. Definitely worth the buy.

Hell yes, get it now, but on PC. That way you will have access to TONS of great player created content via Steam Workshop and sites such as skyrim.nexusmods.com. After spending a good 200 hours with it I still like to just roll a new character to try out a new approach. With random events and tons of stuff to do, the experience is almost always completely diffrent. Very immersive game if you let it be. But be aware that: main plot is nothing spectacular and quests you do have minimal impact on the world.

I have mixed feelings regarding Skyrim. On one hand, it's very visually stunning and a very atmospheric game at first glance. Yet for those of us who dabble in the genre for the sake of immersion, it tends to get old fast. Many of the quests are far too rigid and there's a real lack of mystery surrounding the main factions compared to the previous TES games, especially with a rumour at an inn unlocking the paths to the Thieves' Guild and the Dark Brotherhood, which by all accounts should be rather difficult to uncover.

With all it's problems, I'm waiting for a GOTY version to be safe.