About to buy first gaming computer

Hi.

I'm planning on buying the following system from ibuypower for $2.3k (i don't want to build something myself). Does anyone have any comments or recommendations in terms of changes I should make? I'll mostly be using this to play games such as skyrim, witchr 2, guild wars 2, diablo etc.

Thanks!

Available parts here: http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Gamer_Paladin_F875

Case
    Rosewill Thor V2 Gaming Case Black

Processor
    Intel® Core™ i7 3820 Processor (4x 3.60GHz/10MB L3 Cache) - Intel Core i7 3820

Processor Cooling
    Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System (Intel) - ARC Dual Silent High Perfornamce Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)

Memory
    16 GB [4 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair Vengeance

Video Card
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 - 2GB - Single Card

Motherboard
    [3-Way SLI] ASRock Extreme9 -- 5x PCI-E x16, 8x SATA 6Gb/s, 4x USB 3.0

Power Supply
    850 Watt - Corsair CMPSU-850AX

Primary Hard Drive
    120 GB Kingston HyperX SSD - Single Drive

Optical Drive
    24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black

Sound Card
    3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
    Network Card
    Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

Operating System
    None- Pre-formatted Hard Drive Only

Advanced Build Options
    1 x Tuniq TX-2 High Performance Thermal Compound The best interface between your CPU and the heatsinks
    Advanced Build Options
    1 x Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower Achieve exceptional airflow in your chassis
    Advanced Build Options
    1 x Basic Pro Wiring
    Advanced Build Options
    1 x Advanced - Power Package (Individually Sleeved 24-pin ATX, 8-pin CPU, and SATA Drive Power Cabling)
    Advanced Build Options
    1 x Advanced - Video Package (Individually Sleeved 8-pin and 6-pin PCI-E VGA Power Cabling)
    Advanced Build Options
    1 x iBUYPOWER Specialized Advanced Packaging System Protect your investment during transportation!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd recommend you just buy these or some other parts from some shop, and let them to build it to you.

MoBo: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 – $121.99
    CPU: Intel i7 2600k – $319.99
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 3x4GB – $73
    GPU1: XFX Double D 7970 – $509.99
    GPU2: XFX Double D 7970 – $509.99
    SSD: Crucial M4 120GB – $159.99
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 1TB – $109.99
    PSU: Corsair TX850M – $139.99
    Heatsink: Noctua NH-D14 – $94.99
    Case: Corsair 800D – $259.99

Total price: 2300$ (took the prices from newegg, so they might be lower or higher depending where u buy the parts ofc).

Thanks for the response. But I'd really prefer to not build myself. Are there any changes you would make to the system I specced out, above?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by memetootoo View Post
    Thanks for the response. But I'd really prefer to not build myself. Are there any changes you would make to the system I specced out, above?
    He wasn't saying for u to build it. He said for u to pick/buy those parts he mentioned and ask them (or any good shop that does it) to build that set up for u.

Definitely don't need a 850w PSU for a single card setup. You'd be alright with a quality 650w PSU.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by Eclypse View Post
    He wasn't saying for u to build it. He said for u to pick/buy those parts he mentioned and ask them (or any good shop that does it) to build that set up for u.
    Thanks, I checked a few computer repair shops nearby they're either asking for way to much for the computer to be built (an additional $250 to $300), or they only offer repair service.

I haven't used the CPU cooler you chose, the available h60 from corsair I can attest to working fantastic and requires no maintenance.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by memetootoo View Post
    Thanks, I checked a few computer repair shops nearby they're either asking for way to much for the computer to be built (an additional $250 to $300), or they only offer repair service.
    Memetootoo,

That build is COMPLETE overkill for gaming. I have configured the below that will perform the same for ~500 less.

http://ironsidecomputers.com/index.p...7ba508ef92cb95

If you decide to go with Ibuypower these are the changes I would make-

Case
    Rosewill Thor V2 Gaming Case Black

Processor
    Intel® Core™ i7 3820 Processor (4x 3.60GHz/10MB L3 Cache) - Intel Core i7 3820 - Switch this to i5-2500k. Will save you a LOT of money and give you almost equal performance.

Processor Cooling
    Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System (Intel) - ARC Dual Silent High Perfornamce Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow) -

Memory
    16 GB [4 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair Vengeance - You can drop this down to 8GB otherwise its ok.

Video Card
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 - 2GB - Single Card

Motherboard
    [3-Way SLI] ASRock Extreme9 -- 5x PCI-E x16, 8x SATA 6Gb/s, 4x USB 3.0 - Drop this down to an Asrock z77 Extreme 4.

Power Supply
    850 Watt - Corsair CMPSU-850AX - a 650W PSU should do if they let you change it.

Primary Hard Drive
    120 GB Kingston HyperX SSD - Single Drive - Switch this to a Crucial M4 128GB

Optical Drive
    24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black

Sound Card
    3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard - You don't need a sound card
    Network Card
    Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
    Last edited by hapylol; 2012-04-22 at 01:54 AM.

Thanks for the response! I'm going to buy it, with your suggested changes.