Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Build 15640 Mounts, Charity Livestream, Dragon Soul Buff, Blue Posts, The Daily Blink

Mists Of Pandaria Beta - Build 15640 Mounts
    The latest beta patches added a couple of interesting mounts to the game, and I know you guys like mounts! Time for a mini-preview.

MMO-Champion Charity Livestream Marathon
    Nik and Kevin have started their charity livestream marathon. They will be leveling a Pandaren Monk from 1 to max level on the beta realm of Mekkatorque while trying to raise money in the name of MMO-Champion for the Save the Children charity started by Athene (Operation Sharecraft).

Join them for their non-stop live stream where all ad revenue raised not only on this weekend but from the whole month will also be donated to the charity (please whitelist the stream). Make sure to join the live chat and be around because whenever Nik or Kevin gain a talent point a giveaway will be done for your chance to win some awesome Razer goodies and WoW TCG loot cards!

Dragon Soul Difficulty Change
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    At the completion of scheduled server maintenance during the week of April 30, the “Power of the Aspects” spell will grow more powerful, reducing the health and damage dealt of all enemies in the Dragon Soul raid by 20%. This spell will grow progressively stronger over time to reduce the difficulty and make the encounters more accessible. The spell will affect both normal and Heroic difficulties, but it will not affect the Raid Finder difficulty.

Don’t need the help of the Dragon Aspects? The spell can be disabled by talking to Lord Afrasastrasz at the beginning of Dragon Soul.

We hope you continue to enjoy Dragon Soul, and that these changes encourage you to attempt a higher difficulty, or just keep pushing to down that next boss.

Annual Pass Beta Invite Update
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We want to confirm that, at this time, all World of Warcraft Annual Pass subscribers have been invited to the Mists of Pandaria beta test, with two groups of exceptions. One exception group are those who purchased an Annual Pass on or after April 18, and will receive their invite in a future wave. The second exception is a small list of remaining accounts from previous waves that encountered an error, and will be properly flagged for beta access as soon as we can resolve the issue.

If you haven't yet purchased an Annual Pass, you still have time to guarantee your spot in the beta by signing up for a year agreement (link) before the offer expires on April 30. Those taking advantage of the Annual Pass receive Diablo III for free, access to the Mists of Pandaria beta, and the exclusive Tyrael's Charger flying mount for your World of Warcraft characters.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Account-Wide Achievements
    Our intent is that most achievement rewards (mounts etc.) should be at the account level. I can't promise that because it's not in and working yet, but that's the intent.

There are probably going to be enough account-level achievement questions that we should put a blog together to explain it all. We'll see if we can find time to do that.

The word 'most' seems prevalent in any discussion involving the account-wide achievements. Is there a specific sort of achievement that should be character-only?
    We aren't planning (for now) to have any character only achievements, but there will probably be some account only achievements. These would be things like level a Horde and Alliance character to 90, which wouldn't make sense for one character. Technically, an account-only achievement is different from account-wide, hence the "most." Maybe it's too technical a point to bother with though. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Ranged Weapons in MoP
    There are two issues here getting muddled together:

Ranged weapons will have the stat budgets of two-handed weapons. You can treat them as two-handed weapons in most respects. That work hasn't been done yet.

Ranged weapons are not going to be compensated for the loss of stats from no longer having a melee weapon equipped simultaneously. This is because all ranged-weapon slot type things have gone away, so everyone is affected evenly. However, we also want your damage when you log in for the first time to be about the same as it is now, so overall your damage will be compensated in a sense. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

The Daily Blink - Striving to Help Whenever We Can
    The Daily Blink can help you with your lost items too!

looks interesting

ah that daily blink.

Deleted
    OMFG I WANTS TEH YAK!!!!

Blink was awesome for once

finally a gold sink not attached to a profession

You know, I really hope that take the chance to update the idea behind vendor mounts. Some ideas I saw in previous Tundra threads that I felt were worth repeating:

a) Should sell max level food and water

b) Should sell all necessary reagents (what few are left) as well as profession items (vials, threads, dye, etc)

c) Should sell rotating or random flavor items. Maybe like the limited quantity vendors. Buy out the robes and see what else spawns in the future

d) Should give back a percent of repair/vendoring/sales to mount owner (seems a fair token return on a major goldsink)

e) Vendors should persist at least a few seconds after dismounting. It's pretty frustrating for the window to abruptly close without warning. They can stick around 20s or so to finish what you are in the process of clicking

f) I'd like to see them add dust/tomes or other talent changes for raiding/dungeons where you need to make a quick change

g) since Have Group Will Travel is going away, why not add a permanent summoning stone to the back?

Other ideas?

LOl the daily blink made my day

God, not another huge fucking mount...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. the run animations of both the crane and the yak needs to be slowed down a little. Other than that they look awesome. Here's to hoping there is going to be a cheaper version of the Yak mount (without the vendors or that elaborate seat)

Deleted
    Can we get partX on our out outdated mammoth towards the new vendor mount?
    Also Need a price so i can work out if i need to farm more gold or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrim View Post

g) since Have Group Will Travel is going away, why not add a permanent summoning stone to the back?

Other ideas?
    Er no... Why would they do that and remove HgwT?
    Last edited by mmoc2810eb85ec; 2012-04-28 at 08:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally a scorpion without that stupid banner! But I bet it's going to end up as "hard" to get... :P
    The yak's running animation is terrible, worse than the mammoth and camel I would say.

Kinda agree, people like to block things..

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    Also Need a price so i can work out if i need to farm more gold or not.
    Isn't vendor price 25% of actual price? That would put it around 60K retail. I'm sure there will probably be some kind of faction discount tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    Er no... Why would they do that and remove HgwT?
    Because summoning stones/lock stones still exist. It's not about removing the concept of summoning from the game, it's just to prevent the kind of abuse like summoning an entire 40 man raid around the known universe endlessly griefing (since 40 people x 40 summons = trivialized travel/security). In Wrath, doing For the Alliance/Horde took planning, false raids, double agents, monitoring Trade...it was a lot of fun on balanced population servers. In Cata is pretty much a game of exploits when factions can wholesale teleport into each others throne rooms and kill the king before anyone else can even react.

Summoning 1-2 people would be a useful tool or addition.
    Last edited by Adrim; 2012-04-28 at 09:01 AM.

once in sw our my guild blocked every single mail box with mamooth

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post

totally agree - large mounts are dumb, annoying at best. As for the other two "new" mounts, the ckicken is the same as the belf mount (same animations, movements, and skeleton) and the scorpion, is well, the scorpion in a different colour :/

Quote Originally Posted by Adrim View Post
    You know, I really hope that take the chance to update the idea behind vendor mounts. Some ideas I saw in previous Tundra threads that I felt were worth repeating:

a) Should sell max level food and water

b) Should sell all necessary reagents (what few are left) as well as profession items (vials, threads, dye, etc)

c) Should sell rotating or random flavor items. Maybe like the limited quantity vendors. Buy out the robes and see what else spawns in the future

d) Should give back a percent of repair/vendoring/sales to mount owner (seems a fair token return on a major goldsink)

e) Vendors should persist at least a few seconds after dismounting. It's pretty frustrating for the window to abruptly close without warning. They can stick around 20s or so to finish what you are in the process of clicking

f) I'd like to see them add dust/tomes or other talent changes for raiding/dungeons where you need to make a quick change

Other ideas?
    All that still doesn't/wouldn't make it worth the thousands upon thousands of gold. The WOTLK vendor mount might not be up to date with items, but no one seems to care about the reagents all that junk. They use it for the repair which will be just fine come Mists. If people want food/water, stock up from the closest town/city etc which people currently do. Unless you can buy some pretty cool stuff from it, I think it's a silly gold sink.

so another horde exclusive mount probably availible for alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    thought the daily blink was gonna do a funny joke of wow mixed in with "War Games" but it was just lameeee

10+ Year Old Account
    dear god that yak looks silly when runing^^

First mount picture leads me to a 404?

Also, jumping animation on the yak woulda been interresting :P
    Last edited by Xcuse; 2012-04-28 at 09:19 AM.

Oh man, i have to buy that yak now cause it comes with vendors. Damn i have to save up for this and the jc mount. I don't have anywhere that amount. Im presuming jc mount will be 125k and yak would be 25k. I just re subbed gotta to buy the yak fast otherwise the price will inflate. I really thought the yak would be available by other means like raids drops etc but this is much better...i quiet like grinding. I did grind for jeeves and scepter mount from archaeology - they were worth the effort. The crane would be cool and if i can get it will be used for everyday use; the yak is just too big like the elephants. My faveourite mounts currently is the raven lord, any bears and scepter. No i havne't got raven lord...yet.

I hope the jc mounts are obtainable via archaeology and only to jc's; im still pisted that my alchemist couldn't open canopic jars and learning archaeology not on my main is obsurd. Since my main does have all the other minor professions (for the achievement). Plus archaeololgy on a druid makes it a little easier - insta flying and hearthstone to nighhaven.
    Last edited by iPluto; 2012-04-28 at 09:25 AM.