can feral dps soak impales on DWhc?

So in our altrun i am feral tank with feral dps os and as we are lacking a SP
    to soak the impales or a hunter i was wondering b4 we try it if anyone has used
    a feral dps to soak the impales? i guess Thick hide is needed

What else you got? aka a Pala, Disci for extra cds. But I guess it might be possible to use SI, BearForm (ofc),Barkskin + 1 external. Problem will be that SI won't be ready for the next soak. Guess you have to try and make a rotation for the external cds. All in all I guess you can soak it.

Deleted
    Rogues can soak with vanish and mages with cauterize aswell.

Deleted
    I actually did this myself as a feral. It really helped that we had 2 paladins and a discipline priest for external cooldowns on me and the main tank. On the first platform I took the second impale using Dream (big button), Barkskin and a Sacrifice from a paladin. On the second platform I took the second impale using Survival Instincts, Barkskin and a paladin sacrifice. On the third platform I took the first impale, then used Frenzied Regeneration with Barkskin and the priest would put a Pain Suppression on me. On the fourth and last platform I took the first impale and used Survival Instincts, Barkskin and a Sacrifice again. To clarify, I got a paladin to use Sacrifice on every impale and had a disc priest to Pain Suppression on the third platform. If you have any other questions about the tactic for this method just ask =)

Quote Originally Posted by Exx13 View Post
    I actually did this myself as a feral. It really helped that we had 2 paladins and a discipline priest for external cooldowns on me and the main tank. On the first platform I took the second impale using Dream (big button), Barkskin and a Sacrifice from a paladin. On the second platform I took the second impale using Survival Instincts, Barkskin and a paladin sacrifice. On the third platform I took the first impale, then used Frenzied Regeneration with Barkskin and the priest would put a Pain Suppression on me. On the fourth and last platform I took the first impale and used Survival Instincts, Barkskin and a Sacrifice again. To clarify, I got a paladin to use Sacrifice on every impale and had a disc priest to Pain Suppression on the third platform. If you have any other questions about the tactic for this method just ask =)

Where u specced into thick hide?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubadix View Post
    During progress I took two of the impales as a Feral DPS, specced something like this IIRC:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0ZdbGfRu0drfzMcz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubadix View Post
    Yes, I actually used the same spec as the poster above me ^^^ You basically just pick all the important DPS talents and take the 2 tank ones aswell. It's quite easy to see which talents you will need and those which are useless. For example, if you didn't take Thick Hide, there is no other talent that could really improve your DPS anyway. Good luck with the fight, it's a great feeling when you kill it!

Quote Originally Posted by Exx13 View Post
    Yes, I actually used the same spec as the poster above me ^^^ You basically just pick all the important DPS talents and take the 2 tank ones aswell. It's quite easy to see which talents you will need and those which are useless. For example, if you didn't take Thick Hide, there is no other talent that could really improve your DPS anyway. Good luck with the fight, it's a great feeling when you kill it!

Thanks for all the tips i have already killed it on main but its always fun to kill stuff again and again

Deleted
    In our mainteam we had our feral dps pick up a few tanking talents, plus a HoS and he soaked impales fine. That was with 5%nerf, so it is even easier now.

With 15% nerf you can take impale with no externals easily, just Barkskin + SI and the impale only hits you for 234k which is fairly easily survivable as long as you're not running all resto druids.

PS: I don't think impale can crit, the only thing you'd take Thick Hide for is to make sure you don't get crit by a Melee in the time window before the impale. That said, there isn't really anything else you could put those points into except for Perseverance and *maybe* Pulverize if you plan on tanking Terrors.

Edit: Having just looked at the spec Windle linked, I'd be willing to wager that Furor works out to much more of a DPS increase then Predatory Strikes, especially because bloods DPS is going to tend to be what holds groups back from kills. I'd also say Primal Madness is a pretty terrible DPS talent, again because you're going to be in bear form for bloods anyway and it won't help you with your DPS on them significantly, I would definitely move those points to Nurturing Instinct to save the healers mana. As described, this is the spec I used on my druid's kill:
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0Zf0GfRuMzrfzMcz
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-04-30 at 07:12 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Impale damage gets reduced by armor afaik, so thick hide helps quite a bit.

=840,000 impale
    *0.90 -10% Physical damage done debuff
    *0.90 -10% Physical damage taken buff
    *0.85 15% Power of the Aspects
    *0.82 18% Natural Reaction
    *0.80 20% Barkskin
    *0.50 50% Survival Instincts OR 50% Dream
    =189,695.7 impale

Looking at the log from our kill this week:
    [14:39:14.325] Mutated Corruption Impale Pawkets 157214 (A: 32481)
    [14:41:49.365] Mutated Corruption Impale Pawkets 155957 (A: 33738)
    You can see that, with absorbs, the value of the impales are 189,695, exactly matching the calculated value (floored).

Also, that 234k number in my last post was incorrect, sorry about that. Forgot to take into account the 10% buff and debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Impale damage gets reduced by armor afaik, so thick hide helps quite a bit.
    I'm afraid it's not. Reduction granted by armor would trivialize it, really.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    *0.90 -10% Physical damage taken buff <-- is this Ancestral Fortitude?

Yes, Ancestral Fortitude or Inspiration. I actually wasn't aware that it affected impale damage, but the fact that the numbers work out to be exactly correct confirmed it for me (unless I'm missing some other 10% reduction from something).

Quote Originally Posted by Resania View Post
    Rogues can soak with vanish and mages with cauterize aswell.
    You can't soak with Cauterize, unless you mean normal mode.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    =840,000 impale
    *0.90 -10% Physical damage done debuff
    *0.90 -10% Physical damage taken buff
    *0.85 15% Power of the Aspects
    *0.82 18% Natural Reaction
    *0.80 20% Barkskin
    *0.50 50% Survival Instincts OR 50% Dream
    =189,695.7 impale

Looking at the log from our kill this week:

You can see that, with absorbs, the value of the impales are 189,695, exactly matching the calculated value (floored).

Also, that 234k number in my last post was incorrect, sorry about that. Forgot to take into account the 10% buff and debuff.
    I think this settles conclusively whether Impale ignores Armor or not!

Deleted
    Alright, didn't know that. All I know is that i survived it on my own while the other 2 (real) tanks need help from priests/paladins!