Thread: What to play...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Guild Wars 2 sure is a fine piece of software, but how about you change the genre for a while? Like Portal 2 or Team Fortress 2?

Deleted
    Like many have said, Guild Wars 2
    Reasons:
    - Gear is cosmetic: less played alts do not fall behind gearvise. Content will not be trivialized by overgearing it. PvP is definded by players skills. Rare armor is rare and will be seen as accomplishment.
    - No quests: Dynamic events replace quests. No spawn camping and kill stealing. Once an event has triggered, it will develop whether or not a player attends it. Because of this, there is no real concept of failure or success.
    - No tank-healer-dps roles: No recount since everyone is on their own and pure dps output does not matter.
    - Cross-profession combos: there is always new ways to play your character when playing with differnet professions.
    - Sidekicking: dynamic level adjustment, no area/content will be useless (you are never too high level for any area).
    - Multi-guild: you can join to may guilds, e.g. Pvp, pve guild and the group of friends who you want to play. It is possible to work toward each guild (ahcies/currency).
    - Home instance & Personal storyline: Main plot that is independent from random world events.
    - No monthly fee: No need to make financial choice what you want to play.

Also, try Tera. You missed free betas, but it is not that expensive + you get free month.
    - Beautiful world
    - Dynamic combat: you need to aim all attacks
    Pretty:

My slayer levelling (the combat is really cool):

Tera's cutesy character graphics fill me with hate.

Ironically, I've seen the same people hating Pandaren praising those graphics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AliveNtrippin View Post
    So, I've just completed playing Skyrim for the 6th time and I'm looking for a new RPG to sink my teeth into.
    <Snip>
    Or if nothing else, other titles I should look into?
    If you havnt, you should try some of the Dragon age games, i think they are grate rpg's and they are very diffrent then other rpgs.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the OP:
    At this point, I'm drooling over GOG.com and planning out all the old school PC RPG's that I'll be able to play. They have Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Icewind Dale 1 and 2, Planescape: Torment, Neverwinter Nights, etc. I'm going to sink my teeth (and all my free time) into those. There aren't any newer RPG's out that are really arousing my interest. I still play Skyrim a lot. I've just started running through some of the other questlines such as the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, the other side of the Civil War, etc.

I would recommend Dragon Age: Origins. It's real-time combat, but it's RPG style, not action/hack and slash like Elder Scrolls. More tactical.

For those commenting:
    How is The Witcher 2 in comparison to the first game? I picked that up on Steam because it was cheap and I like to start with the first game in a RPG series, and I couldn't get into the controls and the combat style. Is it smoother and more fun? I primarily play RPG's for the immersion, story, and the creativity of the world, and if the gameplay is either too frustrating/unnatural, or too difficult, I can't get into it. If The Witcher 2 is more fun and intuitive, will I be completely lost if I don't play the previous game?

I'm also considering picking up either Warlock: Master of the Arcane, or Heroes of Might and Magic/"Might and Magic Heroes" 6. I haven't played a strategy game, especially a turn based one, in a loooong time though, so I wonder how difficult/unforgiving these games are going to be for someone who's totally out of the loop. Any have any experience with either of them? They both look gorgeous, and I love that Warlock is only $20.