Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

WvW went from highest expectation to a real fail....

I seriously thought that I'd spend 2 days in WvW. I had seen so many videos and was so hyped until 20 min in my first game...
    The areas are huge (not the problem), but what the problem is that it seems like there is only 1 ''teleport'' thing, which means if you die south, and you dont get a ress, you have to walk all way from north which takes 10 min and maybe when you are at the same place as you died on, you get killed again.... then okey change area.. but all this walking is making me so angry.... but the REAL issue Im having with WvW is that I cant see my server's players on the map except if they are 20 meters away from me.. what the hell? I seriously once walked for 30 min trying to find allies, but it's fking impossible... why havent they done as in destruction pvp where you clearly see the green dots wherever they are.. not being able to see allies in WvW is the main reason why i from now on hate it.. i cba walking for hours until i find a group....

this is why you should never get too hyped for the game...it will do nothing but dissapoint =/

Deleted
    oh ye this walking after dieing in Wvw is a gamebreaker for me too^^

i rly love WvW and had a lot of fun there and im still playing it and im sure i will be there for months

but always i died i thought "fck it i dont run this again"

hope they improve this a bit

I'm sure that with enough feedback, this will be given solutions. I haven't tried wvw yet (too busy chasing different beasts) and I don't think I will until it goes Live really, since bugs and kinks are expected.

A few things:

a) You need to use supplies from supply camps to build teleporters in keeps for easier teleporting around the map. If you don't do it, then you have to run around.

b) Currenly there is no easy way to talk to people in a WvWvW zone to find out where the action is. You can try to look for icons on the map (swords, etc), but its easier to just get into a big raid group and run around like that.

c) WvWvW is very zerg prone. They really have no solution for that other than trying to match up zergy servers vs zergy servers. I am not in this Beta, but I hear Sorrows Furnace dominated their WvWvW match-up within an hour, just like in CBT.

I tried to go into WvW but couldn't understand where one is intended to go, what to do or where the action is occurring. Did the tutorial thing, then ported to the WvW maps. Ran around for 30 mins or so and found nothing but merchants and mundane mobs.

Asked in game and on forums yet not a single person has a coherent answer as to how in the fuck WvW is suppose to work.

My first, and very likely last attempt at any thing PVP related.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I tried to go into WvW but couldn't understand where one is intended to go, what to do or where the action is occurring. Did the tutorial thing, then ported to the WvW maps. Ran around for 30 mins or so and found nothing but merchants and mundane mobs.

Asked in game and on forums yet not a single person has a coherent answer as to how in the fuck WvW is suppose to work.

Flowchart:

a) Teleport in, look around the maps to where you want to go. You have the central area, and 3 side areas. Pick a place (maybe the one thats dominated by a different server's color), teleport there.

b) Locate the nearest supply camp that belongs to your enemy

c) Head there and cap it. Destroy enemy supply carts. Pick up supplies, get your friends to do the same

d) Purchase siege equipment at your main fort (schematics, actually)

e) Locate the nearest enemy keep or tower. Proceed to its gates. Deploy siege schemata, have your friends drop supply on top of it.

g) Destroy the gates with catapults, kill keep lord.

h) Rinse repeat until you own every single objective in WvWvW. Then proceed to enemy main keep and capture that too.

I totally agree with the OP.

WvW is supposed to be one of the big endgame attractors, but right now its a major turnoff.

Dunno, my experience was different. I saw some sword icons on the map, run there and it was a bunch of my server-mtes attacking the castle. Peopel were also actively usign the chat to call the hotspots. It was fun. The waypoints could really use some improvement though.

They will obviously fix this. Along with all the other complaints and problems because I specifically remember ANet fixing the glowing red around the targeted enemy NPC or player due to public feedback and changes it will the glowing circle below the enemy, and that wasn't even game breaking at all for most. For more serious problems like this, I know they will fix it.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

So wait....you're upset that theres a lack of WvW action...on the first day of a beta test.... due to the fact that no one has actually played yet, and are mostly doing pve and BGs at the moment trying to learn the mechanics before release?
    Last edited by woodydave44; 2012-04-28 at 07:04 PM.

Honestly, I would have expected more from you Fencers. You're saying you're done with WvW on the first day of a beta when nobody has any idea how it works. Surprising post coming from you considering what I've seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woodydave44 View Post
    So wait....you're upset that theres a lack of WvW action...on the first day of a beta test.... due to the fact that no one has actually played yet, and are mostly doing pve and BGs at the moment trying to learn the mechanics before release?
    This is a large part of the problem, plus people go in there blind.

Take supply camps, interrupt caravans, team up with some friends, look for swords on the map that indicate battles are going on. I agree with the "1 waypoint" thing, but I believe if enough people give feedback then they'll place a few more by the time the game comes out.

This IS beta. Things like this are part of the reason they have them. Let them know what bugs you. Posts like, "I'm done with PvP forever because this sucks" aren't helping. They either A. make the problem seem worse than it actually is possibly causing others to not even try it and B. Don't help in fixing things.
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

That doesn't sound fun at all. Make sure you tell the developers so they can fix it for the REAL game! You know, since this is, like, beta.
    10 char req. - because explaining is good.

Deleted
    You can build waypoints

Once game starts proper, there will be commanders on the fields, that you can follow if you so wish. Most likely others will do the same.

So, you had two complaints, and both came out of ignorance. If you plan on beta testing and give feedback, try to know what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    A few things:

a) You need to use supplies from supply camps to build teleporters in keeps for easier teleporting around the map. If you don't do it, then you have to run around.

b) Currenly there is no easy way to talk to people in a WvWvW zone to find out where the action is. You can try to look for icons on the map (swords, etc), but its easier to just get into a big raid group and run around like that.

c) WvWvW is very zerg prone. They really have no solution for that other than trying to match up zergy servers vs zergy servers. I am not in this Beta, but I hear Sorrows Furnace dominated their WvWvW match-up within an hour, just like in CBT.
    Essentially, WvWvW will be rough until people realize they can't just run around zerging mindlessly. You'll have to actually build supply lines and supply camps and construct new waypoints, so you don't have these massive runbacks.

In fact, I daresay many complaints simply won't be addressed until people actually figure out what they're supposed to do, as Ashnazg described.

That said, I think the biggest improvement ANet could make would be to implement a much clearer tutorial on what to do and what's needed, because without a commander, things are very unorganized right now. There's no commanders, because to become a commander requires 3 gold, and that's a rather ludicrous amount on the beta right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarghol View Post
    That doesn't sound fun at all. Make sure you tell the developers so they can fix it for the REAL game! You know, since this is, like, beta.
    Agreed, make sure you're posting this kind of stuff on the official forum too.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    WvWvW DOES require thought and groups. I ran around with 15 people last night for 5 hours in WvWvW and had the time of my life. Team up and learn what can be done.

Ports can be made so you dont end up in the keep every time
    Team up and party...kinda sucks no one can afford to be a squad leader but this will change come live.
    You kept saying "I was forced"....Not teaming up I'm assuming.
    Don't just run into walls without siege weapons. Take down some supply depo's

Basically everything you ranted about can be fixed by knowing what you are doing and grouping up with people...this is an MMO. May have been a while since alot of us played a true mmo but you need to changed your mindset on a few things. I'm loving WvWvW but at first I felt like you. Knowledge is key.

Yea, I saw no one in WvW. Like nobody at all. Just merchants and mundane mobs. I ran from one fort to another- just merchants, yaks, leopards and frogloks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a full WvW tutorial should be added to the game so you won't join it completely blind to what you're supposed to do. Would make everything more enjoyable for everyone.